Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:00:52 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Miami Herald: Miami to Move on from Tannehill
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Miami Herald: Miami to Move on from Tannehill  (Read 3072 times)
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2018, 10:50:03 am »

Rumors Detroit might trade Stafford,

So an extra $10 million a year in cap space at the qb position and a draft pick for a guy you are only gonna keep for 2 years and will be good enough to prevent you from getting a top 10 draft pick, but not good enough to win you a playoff game.  Better off keeping Tannihill.  Or Brock or Fales.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2018, 10:53:44 am »

So pay almost twice as much for a comparable QB.  At best some of those guys are slightly better, many not quite as good.

Exactly.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2018, 11:18:06 am »

--Stafford isn't comparable to Tannehill, he's way better, so yes, an extra $10 million for a better QB.  This part is my only reservation...he's not worth a 1st round pick and his contract is high, no arguing that.
--Stafford is 30.  In today's NFL he has at least 5 more years.  If he's good after 2 years, resign him.  If not, let him walk.
--Stafford, Wilson, Stills, Grant, Drake>Anything he's had since Calvin Johnson left.  That is good enough to win a playoff game (if they address the interior Oline too...doesn't matter who it is if there is no Oline).
--Brock shouldn't be on an NFL team, he's terrible.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 11:19:38 am by Tenshot13 » Logged
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2018, 11:21:16 am »

i'm totally cool with getting a new QB as long as we don't give out a draft pick in the first 4 rounds .. it's just not worth it.. draft players .. pay for a QB in free agency . don't ever trade for one
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2018, 12:34:02 pm »

I just hope they don't get crazy if they dump him. I don't see enough potential out there to throw away money. It needs to be part of a multi year process and the guy needs to know he is just a full in.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2018, 01:13:04 pm »

After reading Armandos article about how bad we are in cap space ... I don’t know that we are going to sign too many free agents. We need to reset our roster as we only have 19  million and according to fans no qb. By comparison from his article ...

“....the New York Jets will have about $106 million in cap space, the second most in the NFL.

The Buffalo Bills will have roughly $88 million in cap space, the third most in the NFL.

Even the New England Patriots, dominant in the AFC East this century, will start with about $25 million in salary cap space — more than the Dolphins will have before the South Florida slashing begins.”

« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 01:16:10 pm by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2018, 02:50:07 pm »

I would resign James. He isn't a Pro Bowler, but he is reliable. O-Line's problem has been getting league worst play from both Guards for the past decade and bad coaching. I would spent a 1st rounder on a Guard if one was available. If it seems like a reach, trade down and acquire more picks and then select one.

See if Tanny will restructure to stay and lower the cap hit in the process.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2018, 03:43:25 pm »

I would resign James. He isn't a Pro Bowler, but he is reliable. O-Line's problem has been getting league worst play from both Guards for the past decade and bad coaching. I would spent a 1st rounder on a Guard if one was available. If it seems like a reach, trade down and acquire more picks and then select one.

See if Tanny will restructure to stay and lower the cap hit in the process.
He's already restructured and considering he will make a lot more money elsewhere he'd really have to like it here. He's a nice guy and all but I don't know that he is going to give up millions of dollars.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2018, 09:22:18 pm »

Tannehill is pretty much in the middle of the Bell Curve for NFL starting QBs.  He is not the level of QB who can carry a mediocre team on his back.  Nor is he the level of QB who is the reason his team sucks.  There are a ton of holes on this team.  An "outstanding" QB might create 1 or 2 more wins with this team than Tannehill.  And the Miami Herald is full of crap.  The Dolphins will not have made a decision on Tannehill yet for next season. Also, one of the main people who would be making that decision (Tennenbaum) will be fired after this weekend.   And when they do decide, their 1st or 20th phone call will not be to the Herald.  Just another newspaper trying to create interest in the final week of a lost season where nobody would be talking about the Dolphins unless the Herald throws some completely made up click bait story out there. And of course if it was Salguero at the Herald that put this story out, then it is laughable as he is an embarrassment who is wrong about 75% of the time. 
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray