Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:54:19 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  New Years Resolutions for 2019
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: New Years Resolutions for 2019  (Read 2495 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« on: December 27, 2018, 03:59:39 pm »

My 2018 Resolution that I adopted a little bit into the year was "you do you".  What I meant by that was that I was going to just decline to do things that I didn't want to out of a sense of guilt.  Also, I wasn't going to try to convince other people to do things. 

I was going to enjoy what I liked and leave everyone else alone.  And try not to let others influence my thoughts or time.  I worked very well.

This year, I'm going to start the year with a healthy eating kick for the month of January, but that's not a year-long thing.

My 2019 resolution is to be a more patient listener, both with my kids and at work.  I have to hear a lot of the same bullshit problems over and over again, so I don't do a very good job of hiding my annoyance.  But to the people I'm responsible for, they're not bullshit problems, so I'm going to work to do better.

Anyone else working on things?

I drink your milkshake!
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2018, 04:14:22 pm »

Work out, eat better.  Should be getting my Instapot in the next couple of days, so the eating better part should be easier.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2018, 04:46:43 pm »

My 2018 Resolution that I adopted a little bit into the year was "you do you".  What I meant by that was that I was going to just decline to do things that I didn't want to out of a sense of guilt.  Also, I wasn't going to try to convince other people to do things. 

I was going to enjoy what I liked and leave everyone else alone.  And try not to let others influence my thoughts or time.  I worked very well.

This year, I'm going to start the year with a healthy eating kick for the month of January, but that's not a year-long thing.

My 2019 resolution is to be a more patient listener, both with my kids and at work.  I have to hear a lot of the same bullshit problems over and over again, so I don't do a very good job of hiding my annoyance.  But to the people I'm responsible for, they're not bullshit problems, so I'm going to work to do better.

Anyone else working on things?

Being a good listener is harder than being a good orator. However you can get a ton of mileage from sumerizing what the person just said and asking them if you got that right.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2018, 11:08:39 am »

To continue being the awesome me that I am.   Wink
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2019, 04:10:02 pm »

I cut the Dish Network cable.  With the price of TV's so cheap I upgraded two TV's to smart TV's.  With a cheap $20 antennae I receive 10 good stations over the air.  I have Amazon Prime, so there are plenty of shows/movies I can watch for free there, along with other sites that are free.  The only thing I'll miss is some ESPN programming and some news channels, but my brother gets them free from some site, so eventually I'll get that figured out.  I'll be saving about $1100 per year, so the investment in new TV's will pay for themselves in six months.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2019, 10:35:23 am »

I cut the Dish Network cable.  With the price of TV's so cheap I upgraded two TV's to smart TV's.  With a cheap $20 antennae I receive 10 good stations over the air.  I have Amazon Prime, so there are plenty of shows/movies I can watch for free there, along with other sites that are free.  The only thing I'll miss is some ESPN programming and some news channels, but my brother gets them free from some site, so eventually I'll get that figured out.  I'll be saving about $1100 per year, so the investment in new TV's will pay for themselves in six months.

I did exactly the same.  Got rid of Spectrum cable and going with only WiFi.   I have a Smart TV in my living room and a HD TV with a Smart Blu Ray Player in my bedroom, both of which have Netflix, Hulu and Amazon Prime.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2019, 10:33:55 pm »

Check out SlingTv.  It's kind of like ala carte cable, might find those channels for cheap.  I like it.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2019, 04:12:33 pm »

This is more of a goal than a resolution, but in 2019, I want to get my Personal Trainer certification with a concentration in Strength and Conditioning.  Not a new career or anything, but I spend a lot of time in the gym anyway, so I might as well make a few extra bucks while I'm there. 
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray