Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:46:33 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Where do you stand on Adam Gase?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: Where do you stand on Adam Gase?  (Read 9064 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #45 on: December 26, 2018, 12:57:56 pm »

It says that Tannenbaum really doesn't have much power and that Gase has final say on the 53 man roster and other moves. I had no idea he had that much power. If true, how can he keep his job after finishing the season 4-9 or 5-8?

I kind of liked our offseason moves in 2018, although our drafting could be better. I wouldn't mind starting from scratch coaching wise because we do have some talent on this team. With the right guys in place, I feel like we can pull a Sparano and go 11-5 next year.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #46 on: December 26, 2018, 02:12:36 pm »

rumors are marino will take tannenbaums's job

Didn't he do that already and then resigned a couple months later?

in 2004

^Man, time flies, that felt like just a few year ago.

If I was the Dolphins owner I would not allow this to happen.  First, he already was given the job and stepped away after a bit.  Who's to say he won't do it again?  But more importantly, what does he bring to the table in terms of talent evaluation?   He may be one of the greatest QBs of all time but that doesn't make him a good talent evaluator.   Look around at the successful coaches and GMs in this league.   You'll notice most of them were backup players.  Very few of them were stars.   Backups spend more time behind the scenes studying everything that the stars on the field don't have time to be doing.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #47 on: December 26, 2018, 02:43:21 pm »

As a Patriots fan, I am thrilled to have Marino take over the reigns

Never once did I ever hear make single comment on CBS and went “wow that is insightful “. Also it is pretty well know he got by on natural talent.  And while that made him a great QB, he never was a “film guy “.   No doubt putting him in charge will be popular with a segment of the fan base, the downside of that is if he sucks, it will be a lot harder to fire him than someone like Tannenbaum or Gase.

I am sure  some will say if Elway can so can Marino.  Elway spent 5 years running an arena football team. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #48 on: December 26, 2018, 02:56:11 pm »

^1st off, not going to take a Patriots fan's word on anything that has to do with his rival team's best player.  Who on CBS has made a comment and you went "wow that's insightful?"  If we're talking about QBs, Boomer is garbage, Phil Simms is garbage, other stations Steve Young is garbage, Troy Aikmen is garbage...other than Romo, none of them are insightful.  Also, you are only assuming he only got by on "natural talent", and I would have to assume that has to do with his rep coming out of college.  To that, I'd say he's spent a great amount of time in the film room with the QBs since 2014.   Elway spent 5 years running an arena football team, yes, but Marino has had his hand in the Dolphins organization pretty much since he retired, in some facet.  I'm not saying he'll succeed, I'm saying your perspective is skewed.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #49 on: December 26, 2018, 04:43:55 pm »

you don’t have to agree with my opinion, but i am straight shooter.  i honestly think tannehil is a good but not great qb, i honestly believe the dolphins biggest weakness is the oline, and i honestly believe that giving Marino thr reigns is a mistake.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Seafort

Email
« Reply #50 on: December 26, 2018, 07:58:50 pm »

I don't know if giving Marino the reigns would be a mistake. I do agree on the O-line issue. You can have prime Dan Marino and his performance would look similar to Tannehill's with this line. That's why I said in a separate thread that this needs to be addressed first, and I'd really like to see Miami dedicate their entire 2019 draft to the offensive line. Get two starters out of it and be done with the position for the next half decade.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #51 on: December 26, 2018, 08:19:02 pm »

Marino at GM seems like a terrible idea to me.

I drink your milkshake!
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #52 on: December 26, 2018, 08:30:31 pm »

I don't want Marino as a GM, but would like to see what he can accomplish in an executive capacity.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #53 on: December 26, 2018, 09:43:15 pm »

As a Patriots fan, I am thrilled to have Marino take over the reigns

Never once did I ever hear make single comment on CBS and went “wow that is insightful “. Also it is pretty well know he got by on natural talent.  And while that made him a great QB, he never was a “film guy “.   No doubt putting him in charge will be popular with a segment of the fan base, the downside of that is if he sucks, it will be a lot harder to fire him than someone like Tannenbaum or Gase.

I am sure  some will say if Elway can so can Marino.  Elway spent 5 years running an arena football team. 
If there's any truth to the rumor, I doubt they are handing over the reigns to Marino. A lot of it depends on what they would want Marino to do. If they want Marino to be the architect of the roster then I would agree that seems like something he doesn't have much experience in. On the other hand if all they ask him to do is find the players that Gase wants, that might be something he could do. I do think Marino could look at a player and determine if he has the attributes that Gase is wanting in a player. That's not really all that tough and I believe that's exactly what Marino has been doing lately going to player workouts and giving a report on what he saw. Now I think it's been mostly QB's and such, but Marino played enough and at least watched enough film to be able to evaluate a workout and report that Gase. That's not turning over the reigns to him, not by a long shot. And don't tell me that's not what a VP does, a VP does whatever you ask him to do.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #54 on: December 27, 2018, 01:54:03 pm »

Well if Gase is kept around for another year, it's likely he will lose some of the power that he has had.  It would be nice if they could bring back Vance Josephs as DC once he is fired by Denver.
Alwaysdullfan

« Reply #55 on: December 27, 2018, 03:18:42 pm »

...I would be OK with keeping Gase as long as they fire Tannenbaum, maybe replace him with Dan Marino, I mean theres gotta be a reason why Marino is a "special advisor" to the owner. I honestly think Marino was brought in to take over the football operations for Tannenbaum if needed to. I'd DEF give Marino a chance. Him and Grier can then evaluate Gase, and as long as Gase is on board to change QB's and bring in better/experienced Defensive Cord. then give Gase one more year. But right now our Vice Pres. sux, Coaching sux, and maybe Tannehill is not the reason we're losing games but he sure isn't the reason why we're winning them. Plus its a perfect time to walk away from Ryan T. Go after Nick Foles, Bridgewater, maybe Chase Daniels. And other obvious on-field upgrades needed are O-line and D-line. Tannehill had 7 years, its not like he'll be missed. I think he only had 1 game over 200 passing yards. Miami's ranked in bottom 5 on offense and defense, you cant get much worse than that, so you gotta make major changes, starting with Tannenbaum and seriously consider the Head Coach. Foles or Bridgewater may be harder to bring to Miami, but im sure Sam Bradford can come, as long as he can stay healthy, def an upgrade.
phinphan
Uber Member

dcphinsphan dcphinsphan
Email
« Reply #56 on: December 30, 2018, 10:26:34 pm »

Are you kidding me??? I am sick of gases play calling! Did you not see him begging for help against the jets and sitting by himself flipping through plays...LOST..The jets!! we only won that game because they lost on their own! We did not beat them. And that happened a couple of times this year. Lets go to last year. He brought in cutler which as a fan I had hopes but everyone else knew there was no hope hence he was about to sit at a desk and be an announcer. I wont blame him for giving cutler 10 million but I will for not bouncing him.The whole time Kapernick was available and probably is still better than anything we have now"politics be damned"! His calls 1st 10 hand off back field...2nd 16 throw to back field...3rd 25 throw to back field...PUNT! I am hopeful for a regime change from the top down. Honestly who thought tannenbaum was sudenly going to be good"Look at the jets". As far as who ever does take over how great would it be to bring Mike Shula from the Giants, Qb coach and OC in as HC! I think it would be awesome if a Shula righted the ship. Of course he would need a lot of pieces. We need to start a movement to get Shula. Why not???
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #57 on: December 30, 2018, 11:02:13 pm »

Marino running the team isn’t going to happen but if it did could he do any worse?

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
BeanCounter

« Reply #58 on: December 31, 2018, 12:15:36 am »

Gase has to go along with Tannenbaum and Burke.

The Dolphins were 2-3 against playoff teams (one of those wins thanks to the miracle in Miami).  Two of the three losses the team didn't bother showing up (New England week four and Houston week eight).  The third loss against the Colts was due to a complete collapse in the 4th quarter.

They were 5-6 against non-playoff teams.  All 6 of those losses were by double digits.  They lost by 10 to the Bengals and Jaguars.  They lost to the Packers by 19 points.  They lost to the Vikings by 24 points and closed out the season by losing by 25 points to the Bills.

I just pray that if the Dolphins do fire Gase, that Ross is not stupid enough to contact this clown:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/rex-ryan-reportedly-interested-in-dolphins-job-if-adam-gase-fired/

BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

watch me lose my mind, live and in full color.

« Reply #59 on: December 31, 2018, 09:48:51 am »

The whole team needs to be blown up.  If you do that you have to keep Gase around long enough to see that through.  Whoever ends up as head coach this year needs to build an offense that can play on the road and in cold weather and a defense that doesn't routinely give up 30+ points a game.

Hey... what's in the bowl bitch?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray