Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:52:29 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  And with the 13th pick......
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: And with the 13th pick......  (Read 6946 times)
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« on: December 30, 2018, 08:04:48 pm »

.....of the 2019 NFL draft the Miami Dolphins select.......

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2018, 08:05:57 pm »

We "won" the tiebreaker against the other 7-9 teams based on Strength of Schedule.

Giants, Jaguars and Broncos pick before us and this is not a QB class so we probably won't be drafting a QB now.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2018, 08:18:58 pm »

Just taking a quick glance off the top of my head at our needs, here are some depressing opinions of mine.  And they are just opinions, but I don't think I'm too far off base.  What areas of the team are the Dolphins in good shape at?

QB:  Nope
RB:  Pretty good situation here, but depends on the OL of course.
OL:  Nope
WR:  Nope
TE:  Nope
DL:  Nope
LB:  Nope
DB:  A couple of really good players, but that certainly isn't enough to be considered in good shape in the secondary
Special Teams:  Very solid but if your Special Teams unit is the strength of your team, then guess what.  You suck.

In summation, this team is going to continue to be bad for a long time.   
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2018, 08:20:44 pm »

They accidentally let the clock run out before they make their selection and lost their first round pick.  Or they select a Long Snapper with their first pick.  Denney is getting pretty old. 
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2018, 08:27:02 pm »

Miami has  Clevelands 7th but not thier own 7th.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2018, 08:34:15 pm »

Just taking a quick glance off the top of my head at our needs, here are some depressing opinions of mine.  And they are just opinions, but I don't think I'm too far off base.  What areas of the team are the Dolphins in good shape at?

QB:  Nope
RB:  Pretty good situation here, but depends on the OL of course.
OL:  Nope
WR:  Nope
TE:  Nope
DL:  Nope
LB:  Nope
DB:  A couple of really good players, but that certainly isn't enough to be considered in good shape in the secondary
Special Teams:  Very solid but if your Special Teams unit is the strength of your team, then guess what.  You suck.

In summation, this team is going to continue to be bad for a long time.   

Wilson was doing great at WR before the injury. I think we are solid at WR when healthy.
BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

watch me lose my mind, live and in full color.

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2018, 09:51:01 am »

Start with a high level offensive or defensive lineman.  This team has holes everywhere but if we don't fix the lines nothing else is going to matter.

Hey... what's in the bowl bitch?
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2018, 10:09:17 am »

There are a number of quality DT and DE prospects in that range, and a couple of CBs. A little high to pick a guard, the only one in range is Cody Ford from Oklahoma.  He'll convert from OT to G in the NFL, but he's a reach. Or if they want a QB, Daniel Jones will probably be available, but I hope they wait on that.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2018, 10:10:56 am »

Wilson was doing great at WR before the injury. I think we are solid at WR when healthy.

Wilson was definitely a very pleasant surprise.  I was wrong about him as I pegged him as a complete non impact player when they first got him.  But after him, there isn't much at WR.  Stills is okay.  Amendola will be another year older and is not a difference maker.  After that, they  have pretty much nothing at WR. 
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2018, 01:29:02 pm »

Miami will trade up to the 5th spot and take a QB!!!!!
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2018, 08:59:32 pm »

Its easy since we’ve decided to rebuild. Take the best player available on the board of your needs. That pretty much means best player available

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2019, 01:42:40 am »

MIA definitely shouldn't be picking a DB in the first round and probably shouldn't be picking a WR, RB, or LT.

Outside of that, best player available.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2019, 07:54:49 am »

The only one I disagree with is WR. If we can get a Julio Jones or Mike Evans we definitely have a spot currently held by a draft bust.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2019, 09:17:46 am »

MIA definitely shouldn't be picking a DB in the first round and probably shouldn't be picking a WR, RB, or LT.

Outside of that, best player available.
You say that, and I agree, but mock drafts seem to think we need another cb.  Mock able, I know
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2019, 10:27:21 am »

Our secondary is solid, hard to guard a WR for over 10 seconds due to no pressure on the QB. D-Line should be first pick and we can't whiff on it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray