Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:28:22 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  And with the 13th pick......
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: And with the 13th pick......  (Read 6953 times)
BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

watch me lose my mind, live and in full color.

« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2019, 10:34:28 am »

It'll depend on who the new coach is.

If they move to a 3-4 you almost have to pick defensive line

If they stay with the hybrid 4-3 you can draft almost anything

Hey... what's in the bowl bitch?
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2019, 10:40:50 am »

best available offensive lineman.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2019, 12:56:53 pm »

^There's more depth there in the second or third rounds.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2019, 11:05:30 pm »

The Dolphins are in full rebuilding mode. They aren’t going to try and fix our weak spots per se. This is unlike anything we’ve experienced before.  From all accounts I’m seeing they will draft best player available ... period. Look for them to dump or trade solid players if they think it will help us long term and they are no longer going after old free agents as they aren’t looking for a quick fix.

If you saw Ross’s press conference they basically said they need a coach who is ok with losing in the beginning. He went on to say Gase wants to win now ... which makes me wonder if it was a mutual parting of the ways.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2019, 04:07:06 am »

He went on to say Gase wants to win now ... which makes me wonder if it was a mutual parting of the ways.
I thought Gase was brought in to rebuild, haha?

fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2019, 05:57:09 am »

You say that, and I agree, but mock drafts seem to think we need another cb.  Mock able, I know

Hard to show good performance when practically everyone in the defensive backfield is a backup rookie or playing out of position -- both due to injury. Could we use some more depth? Definitely, but unless  there's a very, very special player when we pick, I don't see DB as a priority at all.

DB is also a very young group, CB in particular. Walt Aikens is the oldest at 27. Xavien Howard is 25, so is Bobby McCain. Then there is McTyer at 23 and two rookies in Armstrong and Davis. At safety there's Jones with his 30 years, but he's an elite player and not going to be replaced anytime soon. The rest are pretty young. Minkah Fitzpatrick, for example, was very highly rated by the team and you'd hope he develops after what was essentially his rookie year.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2019, 08:46:05 am »

I thought Gase was brought in to rebuild, haha?
Not sure what you mean. Miami has never been in a rebuilding mode that I can remember. They always felt they could just add to why they have.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2019, 11:38:21 am »

I'm just really happy Miami won those meaningless games and wound up with the 13th slot in the draft, no coach and a front office in disarray.  This is great (said no one ever). 

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2019, 11:42:37 am »

I'm just really happy Miami won those meaningless games and wound up with the 13th slot in the draft, no coach and a front office in disarray.  This is great (said no one ever). 
lol ... was just listening to Armando on the radio and it sounded like he thinks we are planning on restocking picks, clean up the salary cap and tank next season for a certain QB. I’m not sure anyone trusts Miami to do all of that

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2019, 12:21:34 pm »

lol ... was just listening to Armando on the radio and it sounded like he thinks we are planning on restocking picks, clean up the salary cap and tank next season for a certain QB. I’m not sure anyone trusts Miami to do all of that

Honestly, I don't think we are bad enough to finish 3-13. We are clearly not contenders, but our Lines and Linebackers are jokes and we still went 7-9. What players can we start at Guards and Center to get worse than 7-9? What tight ends can do worse? Now we will have Albert Wilson back for the whole year and our WR corps look pretty solid. At worst, I don't see us with fewer than 5 wins unless we cut Tanny and start Brock full time.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2019, 12:34:48 pm »

Guys, as much as you all want us to tank, we aren't going to do that.  No professional is going to tank on purpose.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2019, 12:45:14 pm »

Honestly, I don't think we are bad enough to finish 3-13. We are clearly not contenders, but our Lines and Linebackers are jokes and we still went 7-9. What players can we start at Guards and Center to get worse than 7-9? What tight ends can do worse? Now we will have Albert Wilson back for the whole year and our WR corps look pretty solid. At worst, I don't see us with fewer than 5 wins unless we cut Tanny and start Brock full time.
We aren’t going to add to what we have. That’s what we’ve always done so they are doing something different. they are going to dump players for draft picks and salary cap. Sounds like some players that fans are counting on will be gone. The Raiders are rebuilding so you can use that as a point of reference.

pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2019, 01:30:24 pm »

Not sure what you mean. Miami has never been in a rebuilding mode that I can remember. They always felt they could just add to why they have.
I've always looked at a whole new coaching staff and/or front office as rebuilding. And we've done that every 4-3 years since Shula left. You may have a few hold over players but you're bringing in new coaches, coordinators, players, new playbooks, and everything is constantly changing every few years.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2019, 02:24:45 pm »

But we’ve never gutted our roster and then built it back up and that’s what a rebuild is. When the owner is warning of a possible 3-13 season you know winning next season isn’t a priority

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2019, 02:47:10 pm »

My one and only hope this offseason is that Miami "finally" takes the O-line seriously and invests some serious draft capital and/or FA dollars in improving the talent in the trench.

And we've done that every 4-3 years since Shula left...

Innocuous, but telling...  Wink

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray