Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:13:35 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  New coach discussion thread
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Print
Author Topic: New coach discussion thread  (Read 16190 times)
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« on: December 31, 2018, 10:23:12 am »

Now that Gase is out, who would you like as the new head coach?

Jim Caldwell
Mike McCarthy
Jim Harbaugh
Up and coming coordinator
Other?

I'm hooking my wagon to the Jim Harbaugh train.  Choo choo!
BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

watch me lose my mind, live and in full color.

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2018, 10:31:57 am »

Absolutely none of those. 

A new coach better realize you have to play three other cold weather teams in your own division and your last game will often be on the road because of the Orange Bowl.

A new coach better understand that no matter who's playing quarterback he's going to turn into another David Carr if you can't put an offensive line in front of him.

A new coach better realize that you have to get in front of teams in conference play if you can't win the division and still expect to make the playoffs.

A new coach better put a team on a field that has some level of pride and heart so that it doesn't lose to half ass teams the last two games of the year every year.

A new coach better not put together a defense that gives up 30 points a game every game. 

Hey... what's in the bowl bitch?
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2018, 10:56:21 am »

I'd take Harbaugh in a heartbeat but Ross will never ask him to leave his precious alma mater, despite never beating the Buckeyes.

No more up and coming coordinators, that has been our last 5 coaches I think. Give me a retread who wore out his welcome over a lengthy tenure. We need professional coaching now, no learning on the job.
BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

watch me lose my mind, live and in full color.

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2018, 11:04:09 am »

One possible caveat... stay away from Mike McCarthy.   You essentially had McCarthy with Philbin I'm not sure the result would be any better.

Hey... what's in the bowl bitch?
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2018, 11:48:50 am »

I see a lot of no's with no solutions lol.
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2018, 11:57:54 am »

BigDaddyFin gets it.

Your team has to take on the persona of your coach and his direction for the best team possible.  It's not easy, and there a only a couple of really options out there.

I would take a Harbaugh in a heartbeat......albeit John, not Jim.  I would try my damnest to make a trade with BAL for John.  His team is hard-nosed, physical and plays with passion.  I want that guy.

And this might another option, though not a popular one.  Rex Ryan.  Yes, he can be loudmouth, a bastard, etc.  but his players love him and they play hard for him.  There's a fine line to walk when you're this type of coach.  When you're wining, all if forgotten, but when you lose, and it can blow up in your face.

The Dolphins need a new identity/cultural, cause the one that's been parked in South Beach for the better part of 2 decades isn't working.

I'd rather be lucky than good.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2018, 01:22:48 pm »

BigDaddyFin gets it.

Your team has to take on the persona of your coach and his direction for the best team possible.  It's not easy, and there a only a couple of really options out there.

I would take a Harbaugh in a heartbeat......albeit John, not Jim.  I would try my damnest to make a trade with BAL for John.  His team is hard-nosed, physical and plays with passion.  I want that guy.

And this might another option, though not a popular one.  Rex Ryan.  Yes, he can be loudmouth, a bastard, etc.  but his players love him and they play hard for him.  There's a fine line to walk when you're this type of coach.  When you're wining, all if forgotten, but when you lose, and it can blow up in your face.

The Dolphins need a new identity/cultural, cause the one that's been parked in South Beach for the better part of 2 decades isn't working.

I doubt either of the Harbaugh's are going anywhere.  I would second a vote for Rex Ryan (as long as he doesn't hire his brother), but he would need to get an offensive guru to call plays and lead the offense.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2018, 02:05:02 pm »

Bruce Arians.

hordman
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2018, 02:20:19 pm »

Bruce Arians.

I would agree with this as well, but he's got his eye on TB (from reports I've seen) and I'm guessing he might be able to help Winston move along with his game.

I'd rather be lucky than good.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2018, 02:57:13 pm »

Yahoo's Terez A. Paylor reports the Bucs, Dolphins and Jets have all requested head-coaching interviews with Chiefs OC Eric Bieniemy
NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports the Cardinals have also requested an interview. The Jets' interest was previously reported by Ian Rapoport. Teams interviewing Bieniemy will be looking to cash in on the Andy Reid coaching tree that has become even more of a goldmine in recent years.
Source: Terez A. Paylor on Twitter
Dec 31 - 2:41 PM

I don't want us to hire another "up and coming coordinator" as HC, but the Reid tree has seemed pretty fruitful and I guess we can do worse if this is the route we insist on. Better than everyone's best friend, Rex Ryan.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2018, 08:56:53 pm »

Bruce Arians.
I’m leaning towards him too. I think the biggest issue Miami will have is there are so many better options out there. They probably aren’t even in the top 5. Cleveland, Green Bay, Jets, Arizona and Cincinnati are probably better to most people.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2018, 09:18:28 pm »

Arizona and Cincy are a disaster due to ownership, so we probably have them beat when you factor in Miami is a nicer place to live than Cincinnati.

Green Bay is a nice spot with Rodgers and the Jets have all that cap room, but it's a brutal media market too. I live here, every week the sky is falling or you won the Superbowl. Not every coach wants to even experience that nonsense.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2019, 01:30:31 am »

CLE and GB are definitely prime landing spots.  I wouldn't say NYJ is any better than MIA (basically, personal preference).  ARI and CIN are pretty clearly worse IMO.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2019, 08:03:54 am »

USA Today wrote today that it’s Packers, Browns, Jets, Broncos, Bucs and then Dolphins. Wow ... hard to believe I forgot the Bucs as I agree. They are in much better shape.

Washington Post has virtually same list but Arizona at 6 and Dolphins at 7.

Either way doesn’t appear we offer much in the way of luring the top candidates.  

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2019, 09:20:04 am »

What makes you think the Bucs are in better shape? They're a dumpster fire from top to bottom.  Bruce Arryans will end up there I think.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray