Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 06:59:56 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  New coach discussion thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Print
Author Topic: New coach discussion thread  (Read 16361 times)
BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

watch me lose my mind, live and in full color.

« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2019, 09:40:42 am »

I don't want Rex Ryan anywhere near this football team. 

Hey... what's in the bowl bitch?
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2019, 09:14:26 pm »

I don't want Rex Ryan anywhere near this football team. 

Me neither.

I drink your milkshake!
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2019, 10:00:49 pm »

What makes you think the Bucs are in better shape? They're a dumpster fire from top to bottom.  Bruce Arryans will end up there I think.
They put up a lot of points and have a lot of good offensive players. Fix that defense and control Winston and they could turn around very quickly

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2019, 08:39:26 am »

Jason La Canfora was on the Joe Rose show and some of the points made were

- team roster is bad they are starting over and not looking to win now
- Ross was given numerous reasons why things failed. Everyone blamed each other.
- contrary to fan belief ... Miami is not an attractive job and no established coach will want to take it. It will have to be a coach willing to work it Chris Gier’s way
- Miami might end up promoting Darren Rizzi to head coach as a result
- according to Jason ... Gase didn’t ever use his 53 man roster say
- Gase never lost the locker room
- Gase didn’t think the situation in Miami was worth fighting for and thought his chances are better elsewhere
- Ultimately is was all the decision maker’s fault it went bad

« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 08:42:17 am by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2019, 11:57:56 am »

USA Today wrote today that it’s Packers, Browns, Jets, Broncos, Bucs and then Dolphins. Wow ... hard to believe I forgot the Bucs as I agree. They are in much better shape.

Washington Post has virtually same list but Arizona at 6 and Dolphins at 7.

Either way doesn’t appear we offer much in the way of luring the top candidates.  

Florio has you at 7 as welll.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/01/02/ranking-the-2018-coaching-vacancies/

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2019, 12:05:46 pm »

They put up a lot of points and have a lot of good offensive players. Fix that defense and control Winston and they could turn around very quickly

This seems very reasonable to me as well. They have some good talent on that team and if the next HC could reign in Winston and some of dumb plays and tendencies, this team could be a 10-11 win team IMO

I'd rather be lucky than good.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2019, 12:22:44 pm »

This seems very reasonable to me as well. They have some good talent on that team and if the next HC could reign in Winston and some of dumb plays and tendencies, this team could be a 10-11 win team IMO
If Miami didn't have the injuries it had this season, it could've also be 10-11 win team this past year.  Y'all think Miami's defense is bad, the Bucs defense is worse.  Acting like all they have to do is fix their defense isn't some small task.  Also, no one is convinced Winston is the guy, in fact most of Tampa Bay want him out.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2019, 05:01:25 pm »

USA Today wrote today that it’s Packers, Browns, Jets, Broncos, Bucs and then Dolphins. Wow ... hard to believe I forgot the Bucs as I agree. They are in much better shape.

Washington Post has virtually same list but Arizona at 6 and Dolphins at 7.

Either way doesn’t appear we offer much in the way of luring the top candidates.  

It mostly comes down to whether there is a QB in place, why else would the Jets or Browns be listed ahead of Miami?
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2019, 05:40:13 pm »

It mostly comes down to whether there is a QB in place, why else would the Jets or Browns be listed ahead of Miami?
not sure what you’re saying. Are you saying Miami needs to find a qb and then a coach?

Btw ... Cleveland has a pretty good young team on both sides of the ball. The Jets have 100 million and a promising QB .... none of which Miami has.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2019, 07:03:17 pm »

Dave Hyde put Miami at 8 out of the 8 teams.

8. Dolphins: You’re in a full rebuild. “Full,” in this case, means you not only don’t have a quarterback, but don’t have an obvious path to get one. And you have a rookie in Chris Grier heading the show, which is good or bad. Maybe both. The Dolphins have been been mediocre for a decade; they’re the only team to bounce between 6 and 10 wins in the past 11 seasons. Next year they won’t hit six wins. They might not even have their quarterback of the future, considering 2020 is the quarterback draft. Look at the Bills and Jets — you’re probably two years behind their rebuilds. How much suffering can you take in the hopes of being good?

Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2019, 12:41:48 am »

With Gase being moved a year early I am hoping it's because Ross has either Jim or John Harbaugh lined up, although unfortunately I realise that's very unlikely.

Love him or loath him, one thing Rex Ryan does have going for him is that he does seem to get teams to rally behind him, even ones lacking in roster talent. It's one of those moves that may work, or may backfire badly... with our recent history of poor discipline, team instability and looking at a complete rebuild, dunno if it's the right choice.

One guy surprisingly not mentioned anywhere is Wade Phillips, but maybe there's no chance anyway. I know he's getting old, but he did great work at Dallas, Denver and the Rams in both head coach and defensive coaching roles. I thought he could be a great mentor for at least the next couple of years, which will be the guts of this tough rebuild.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2019, 06:27:23 am »

I would agree with this as well, but he's got his eye on TB (from reports I've seen) and I'm guessing he might be able to help Winston move along with his game.

I'd love to have Arians as well.   But Harbaugh would be my first choice also.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2019, 07:51:45 am »

I don’t see either Harbaugh as an option.  Besides not being involved in the coaching search ... Ross wants Jim at Michigan and we’d have to give up picks to Baltimore for John. That goes directly against what we are trying to do.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2019, 10:18:27 am »

Both have significantly more cap space.  Both are younger, with players that are improving rather than guys that are post their prime.  Dolphins are in rebuilding mode without the most important tool needed to rebuild- cap space.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2019, 10:55:52 am »

Maybe we should commit fully to a rebuild instead of being perennially mediocre. All 8-8 does is keep you at 8-8. I would much rather be 0-16 next year knowing that we can start fresh in 2020 than go 7-9 again with the same shit cap situation.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray