Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 11:49:57 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  New coach discussion thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Print
Author Topic: New coach discussion thread  (Read 16390 times)
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2019, 02:59:38 pm »

I think looking for a new coach is more about luck than skill. Frank Reich was only hired after Josh McDaniels screwed the Colts over and now they look like a genius ... although literally Luck had a lot to do with it. hahaha

Interesting and sad that Dan Campbell wasn't interested in coming back to Miami according to Armando Salguero

And this: Campbell, highly respected and already scheduled for three head coach interviews, was not interested in Miami, according to a league source

I don't blame him.  I wouldn't want to be the Conductor on this train wreck either.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #46 on: January 04, 2019, 04:30:07 pm »

You don't know if he had bad blood leaving the organization, plus it's a tough place for his first head coaching gig. No franchise QB or massive cap space.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2019, 10:49:02 am »

Some tweets on the Dolphins coaching search ....

Armando ... The Dolphins did early research on Bears coach Vic Fangio and requested permission to talk to him but never scheduled an interview. He won’t be interviewed.

Armando ... The Dolphins will not be doing any head coach interviews today.

Barry Jackson ... Though the sides originally hoped to schedule Darren Rizzi's Dolphins interview today, it will instead be later this week, per a source. Dolphins have interviewed 4 so far - Bryan Flores, Eric Bieniemy, Dennis Allen, Kris Richard.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 10:56:38 am by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #48 on: January 07, 2019, 10:54:08 am »

How short are these freaking interviews? Seems like I've had longer interviews for my jobs.

Armando tweeted:

3 teams interviewed Kris Richard today.

5:50 PM Bucs tweet interview over.
8:03 PM Jets tweet interview over.
8:31 PM Miami tweets interview over.

Not saying Dolphins took 28 minutes. Doubt that is the case. But timing of these don’t suggest 4-5 hour interviews.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2019, 12:54:54 pm »

Look for the Dolphins to sign Hue Jackson by the end of the week!! #TankforTua
🤣😂🤣

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #50 on: January 07, 2019, 01:40:36 pm »

How short are these freaking interviews? Seems like I've had longer interviews for my jobs.

Armando tweeted:

3 teams interviewed Kris Richard today.

5:50 PM Bucs tweet interview over.
8:03 PM Jets tweet interview over.
8:31 PM Miami tweets interview over.

Not saying Dolphins took 28 minutes. Doubt that is the case. But timing of these don’t suggest 4-5 hour interviews.

Two possibilities: 

1. How long does it take to interview someone you don’t intend to hire, but are just checking the Rooney rule box?

2,  Kris:  “Thanks for considering me, but I agreeed to take the Bucs job, I didn’t want to be rude and no show on you.  The announcement will be coming on Tuesday”

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #51 on: January 07, 2019, 01:49:38 pm »

Two possibilities: 

1. How long does it take to interview someone you don’t intend to hire, but are just checking the Rooney rule box?

2,  Kris:  “Thanks for considering me, but I agreeed to take the Bucs job, I didn’t want to be rude and no show on you.  The announcement will be coming on Tuesday”
I don't think he was only a Rooney interview. Hes quickly becoming one of the most sought after guys out there. 

Alwaysdullfan

« Reply #52 on: January 08, 2019, 03:17:52 am »

I think Miami should go after someone with prior HC exp. and Id def go DEF minded coach. Chiefs OC is way overrated still for e. Its too soon. Dough Peterson had been with Andy Reid for years!! even played for him. And Naggy was there longer also. So Bienemy would be a reach in my opinion. I wouldnt mind Rizzi I guess but then we'd still need OC and DC. So far Dennis Allen is my top choice. Cuz Vic Fangio didnt interview right??
But my biggest question is whats up with Chuck Pagano, Marvin Lewis, Lovie Smith, Mike Smith, maybe Greg Williams? Are they not interested in Miami or Miami didnt even ask for them?, anyone knows?!?
I'd also go after Jim Shwartz, Jack del Rio, Gus Bradley, but def not the Patriots guy or the other I think from Cowboys. Patriots guy is not even a DC, hes jus calling plays. Everyone knows its Bellich callin the shots. But like I mentioned, there are alot of coaches no one is talking about. I'd reach out to Mike Shannahan maybe, Rex Ryan....both guys made their teams much better when they were coaches. If Rizzi gets the HC job, then Todd Bowels makes perfect sense for DC if interested.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #53 on: January 08, 2019, 03:32:02 pm »

According to Armando and a few others ... the powers that be who convinced Ross to reboot also thought Gase would be involved. It was Adam's reluctance to do just that which got him fired. Consequently ... the next coaching hire will be a young first timer who probably doesn't see three years unless he somehow shows out. At that point the team hopes to be in position to attract a proven coach. 

Alwaysdullfan

« Reply #54 on: January 08, 2019, 11:19:47 pm »

...damn im starting to get lil worried. Couple spots already filled. I cant believe Bruce Arians is back but good for him. Now Todd Bowels will rejoin Arians at Tampa. Im suprised Packers passed on Josh McDaniels and Adam Gase (our so called QB guru), now its starting to look like Gase might be a Jets HC and that would suck. I dunno why Miami withdrew from interviewing Vic Fangio, and like I mentioned before, whats going on with all these former HC like, Jack del Rio, Chuck Pagano, Mike Smith, Lovie Smith, they're not interviewing anywhere so are they declining offers or what?
Miami must have a person in mind since they're staying quiet...I HOPE. Dennis  Allen is the only one Miami interviewed and no one else. So now im confused. They'll either go after Chiefs OC, who's prolly overrated, or they'll give the job to Rizzi, but then we'll still need OC and DC asap!
...kinda sux cuz its starting to look like who ever becomes the HC, they wont lat long and Miami may be looking for one again soon after. They still have alot of good young players but by the time they find the staff they like, most will be gone and then its really gonna be a rebuild! I dont think Jets, Cardinals, Browns are much better than Miami if at all. Only diff is the QB, which can be fixed in the first week of Free Agency, and still add a rookie later on or one of current youngsters.
Alwaysdullfan

« Reply #55 on: January 09, 2019, 01:53:59 pm »

...wow, more coaching positions filled. Broncos hired Vic Fangio and the Browns promote Fredie Kitchens!
Thats kinda crazy....chances are very high Gase may end up with the Jets since all the teams pretty much passed him up.
Miami shoud make a decision quick. Mike Munchak was considered for Broncos job, if im Miami im going after him. We need help on O-line as much as D-line if not more. Munchak having O-line background would benefit Miami well. And he's been a coach few years ago.
...so now its either Eric Bienemy, DEF cord. Richards from the Cowboys, or Patriots defensive play caller Flores.

Looks like they dont like the coaches that were on the market or that they interviewed, otherwise they'd offer them a job same day maybe. But now with Munchak in the mix...who knows. Its a low risk hire and knowing he'll make sure the O-line is as good as it can be would DEF help Miami. Just think back this season, how many times they could have used some help on o-line. Creating running lanes and protecting the QB.

...Anyway, its starting to look like the Dolphins have a plan and coach in mind, I HOPE. They are just not telling anyone. Its very possible one of those coaches they want is still in the playoffs. So to prevent distraction and let them finish up the season makes perfect sense. ...threfore, who might they be going after then? I havent heard anything about Jim Shwartz, Gus Bradley, Chuck Pagano, Jack del Rio etc...And just in case they dont get their #1 option, I think they'll just promote Darren Rizzi, and help him bring in Def. cord. and Off. cord. that he likes and fits the team. Most important thing is; You wanna hire a coach that wants to be in Miami, long term if necessary. Not just hire one that no one else wanted and bribe him to come to Miami. (Rizzi wants to be there! and prolly knows the team better than any other coach they bring in)

...im not positive, but so far, the coaches they interviewed were mostly if not all defensive minded coaches right??
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #56 on: January 09, 2019, 02:57:32 pm »

https://twitter.com/alexmarvez/status/1083055095061852161

A lot of people think Richard will be our next coach.  It'll be him, the guy from KC, the guy from NO, the guy from NE or Rizzi. One of these will be a Dolphin.  Outside chance of a Harbaugh, but I doubt it.

I would be happy with any of these, but if I had to order them:

1.  Richard
1a.  A Harbaugh (not likely)
2.  Rizzi
3.  Bieniemy
4.  Allen
5.  Flores (don't really want him)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 03:29:10 pm by Tenshot13 » Logged
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #57 on: January 09, 2019, 03:06:50 pm »

Two possibilities: 

Bucs hired Bruce Arians as head coach and Todd Bowles as D-Coordinator.  Bowles will be bringing Kacy Rogers with him to coach the D-Line.  Sound familiar Dolphins fans?

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #58 on: January 09, 2019, 03:26:00 pm »

Arians will turn the Bucs around and retire in 4 or 5 years, then he'll hand it over to Bowles like Cowher did with Tomlin.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #59 on: January 09, 2019, 03:26:20 pm »

that didn't work so well for us .. good luck
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray