Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:42:30 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  New coach discussion thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Print
Author Topic: New coach discussion thread  (Read 16379 times)
Alwaysdullfan

« Reply #60 on: January 09, 2019, 04:49:30 pm »

Im still surprised no one is talking about Jack del Rio, Chuck Pagano, Jim Shwartz, Gus Bradley. I think Miami wants to go defensive minded Head Coach which makes perfect sense. Last 3 coaches hired were all rookie head coaches. All offensive minded and Tony Sparano has been the best one in my opinion. Things were all good when Bill Parcells ran the show but o well. I wonder if the guys I mentioned are looking for jobs or what? Todd Bowls stayed quiet for a good reason, cuz Bruce Arians was gonna take the HC job and needed a DEF cord. Miami doesnt have much to choose from but I'd def prefer a HC that has been a HC at some point. Only rookie coach, id go with is Richard i guess.
But if they can bring in Mike Munchak, Steelers o-line coach, that might be a good fit. Miami needs help on o-line, and d-line esp. and of course a QB. But still...id prefer good defensive minded coach, but if we had to go offensive, then Munchak or Chiefs re only ones left. But I think Bienemy is overrated, i wouldnt hire him....

Miami has alot of talent on defense and offense, they just need the right coach. Add few pieces here and there and you def gotta good team! (Best WRs, RBs, TE's combined in the entire AFC East)
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #61 on: January 09, 2019, 07:58:56 pm »

Breaking: Adam Gase becoming the Jets head coach. This won't end well.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #62 on: January 09, 2019, 08:02:52 pm »

Breaking: Adam Gase becoming the Jets head coach. This won't end well.

Dolphins should hire Todd Bowles.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #63 on: January 09, 2019, 08:03:43 pm »

Todd Bowles is now the Bucs defensive coordinator.
Seafort

Email
« Reply #64 on: January 09, 2019, 08:14:14 pm »

How about Mike Shula?
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #65 on: January 11, 2019, 10:42:03 am »

Dolphins to interview current Dolphins Offensive Coordinator Dowell Loggains for head coaching job.

Seems to me that the Dolphins are looking at the Jets hiring of Gase and then saying "Hold My Beer" . So sad. Waiting for the announcement that they've also added Matt Burke to the list.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #66 on: January 11, 2019, 10:48:16 am »

How about Mike Shula?
He had two interviews but we hired Cam Cameron. He was ranked the top offensive coordinator in 2015 by PFF. We could do worse than him for sure. The name alone appeases half the fan base at a time when most are already upset.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #67 on: January 11, 2019, 11:03:11 am »

He had two interviews but we hired Cam Cameron. He was ranked the top offensive coordinator in 2015 by PFF. We could do worse than him for sure. The name alone appeases half the fan base at a time when most are already upset.

Would be a tough gig.  The non-stop comparisons, expectations etc. But I agree Dolphins could do worse.  We know he has an excellent resource to call if he has questions.  Most HC don’t have that cause often most of their mentors are employed by a competitor.

Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #68 on: January 11, 2019, 11:06:21 am »

realistically does it even matter who we hire as a coach .. if they don't win the superbowl within 15 seconds we'll see people calling for them to get fired and for us to "clean house"  ..and tank for picks.  then we'll be in this position in 4 years.

When will people realize that the most long term success happens when you have long term consistency at the coaching positions.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #69 on: January 11, 2019, 11:55:14 am »

realistically does it even matter who we hire as a coach .. if they don't win the superbowl within 15 seconds we'll see people calling for them to get fired and for us to "clean house"  ..and tank for picks.  then we'll be in this position in 4 years.

When will people realize that the most long term success happens when you have long term consistency at the coaching positions.

I know what you're saying but I think this time is different. We typically try to rebuild and win at the same time. This causes us to reach for free agents, make bad decisions, and overspend. We are not going to reach for anything in order to win this time. Could be the same results but at least we are taking a different approach.

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #70 on: January 11, 2019, 02:17:51 pm »

With the average player career less than 4 years, if you haven't made the team a playoff contender within four years then you have failed.  Gase would still be here if he was willing to give up some of the control he had, so I don't blame Ross for the coaching change.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #71 on: January 11, 2019, 05:02:15 pm »

https://mobile.twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1083844001780940802

I hope this isn't true....

As much as I've seen his name, I'm supposed Hoodie hasn't had an opinion on him

Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #72 on: January 11, 2019, 05:21:37 pm »

so .. for sure we'll be looking for a new coach in a few years .. uuuuuuugh
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #73 on: January 11, 2019, 05:51:20 pm »

https://mobile.twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1083844001780940802

I hope this isn't true....

As much as I've seen his name, I'm supposed Hoodie hasn't had an opinion on him

I think his resume is a little thin to be a HC.  He has only worked for one team/HC his entire career.  Granted he learned from the best, but he doesn’t have the range of experiences to know what the different approaches are.  Likewise he doesn’t have a huge network to draw on, having contacts on only one team.  He has only two years as a coordinator (and not even full fledge coordinator)

Miami snagging him as a coordinator (which technically would be a promotion) would be a coup for the Dolphins.  As HC i think he will be over his head.

I can’t think of any successful coach that is only in one coaches tree, the successful ones saw how multiple coaches opperated than took the parts they thought were best from each. 

Name a single BB assistant that has been successful as a HC.

BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #74 on: January 11, 2019, 06:23:06 pm »

He isn't even a coordinator.   Wow.   

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray