Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:59:59 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Keep Tannehill
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Keep Tannehill  (Read 1562 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: December 31, 2018, 07:02:18 pm »

The guy has posted a quarterback rating of 90 the last two years.

Brock Osweiler, the only quarterback on the roster with a playoff victory, posted a rating less than 80 when he took the Raiders to the postseason.

The problem is far greater defensively.

We don't have a playoff quality defense.  This is why when Tannehill does make a mistake, everybody notices.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
DenverFinFan
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2018, 08:43:22 pm »

Only if he takes a huge pay cut, he’s good enough with this team to win between 6 to 9 games but all that does is make it harder to build in the draft. Might be better just to have Osweiler play with low expectations or see if you can get Bridgewater for a reasonable price again with realistic expectations.
BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

watch me lose my mind, live and in full color.

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2019, 09:39:25 am »

It's not the worst thing in the world if they bring him back, but you better go out and get somebody who can block for him.

Hey... what's in the bowl bitch?
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2019, 10:26:13 am »

For QBs, his salary is not outrageous. I mean, if we dump him and sign some retread like Ryan Fitzpatrick, it will still cost like $16 Million. Might as well keep Tanny if that's the price.
BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

watch me lose my mind, live and in full color.

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2019, 10:29:53 am »

For QBs, his salary is not outrageous. I mean, if we dump him and sign some retread like Ryan Fitzpatrick, it will still cost like $16 Million. Might as well keep Tanny if that's the price.

That's just it...

1. if you dump him who is there on the open market that could be worth replacing him with?  Nick Foles?  Ok so after we make that trade what do we have left to draft with because this team needs a full rebuild IMO.

2. Who of this draft class is worth or even able to come in and start right away?  Do you really want to go with David Fales over 16 games? 

Hey... what's in the bowl bitch?
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2019, 12:53:31 pm »

Ryan Fitzpatrick made $3.3 million on a 1yr deal.  That's a far cry from $16 million.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2019, 04:02:31 pm »

That's all Fitz made? I'm surprised, figured he got a lot more.

Shit, I'll take Fitzmagic for $4 Million a year over Tanny if we draft a QB in the 1st round.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2019, 06:52:37 pm »

^I wouldn't be upset with Fitzpatrick and drafting Daniel Jones.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2019, 05:18:32 am »

In terms of cap space, keeping Tannehill or signing a decent caretaker on a 1 or 2 year deal would be a wash. Might as well keep Tannehill, regardless of what one thinks the future should look like behind center.

I was very high on Tannehill until his double knee injury. I don't think I've seen enough to say that he's back on his previous upwards trajectory. He's had some tough luck, but that's the way it goes and the Dolphins need to draft a young quarterback either this year or next year.

The offensive line does need some serious work, although not getting two starters injured in week 1 and week 4, respectively, would help. Spend some serious money / draft value on the offensive line and I would feel much better about a young quarterback's prospects. And if Tannehill just happens to benefit from it and perform really well, then that's just icing on the cake.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray