Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:58:13 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  January Weight Loss Plan
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: January Weight Loss Plan  (Read 7769 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« on: January 02, 2019, 01:03:05 pm »

I'm going to do 31 days of this:

1) Zero Calories via Beverages (not including alcohol)
2) Make healthier choices, in general (mustard instead of mayonaise, low calorie dressings, dipping dressing instead of pouring, etc)
3) Reduce carbs (smaller portions of carbs or half-servings of bread)
4) No sweets
5) No junk snacks between meals (if you're going to eat between meals, it has to be good caloric value)
6) Reduce the amount of food on your plate (if eating out, box up half immediately -- if at home, plate a smaller portion to start)
7) No snacks after dinner.

Anyone else interested?

I drink your milkshake!
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2019, 01:12:23 pm »

I go back on my diet this week. From the middle of October til now I’ve been hit or miss and gained almost 20lbs. The last couple of years we’ve done this due to vacations and holidays. Basically we diet 5-6 days a week for about 9 months or so.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2019, 01:53:50 pm »

i'm not a after dinner snacker personally .. but i read a good tip for this .. instead of brushing your teeth before bed .. brush them after dinner so that you have to think twice about snacking after dinner.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2019, 01:56:46 pm »

^ I like that tip.

I drink your milkshake!
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2019, 02:12:43 pm »

I keep a lot of fruit around, so if I want a snack after dinner, I'll grab an orange, or some grapes instead.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2019, 03:11:13 pm »

Number 1 tip.  Eat slowly and when you are no longer hungry stop eating.  You cleaning your plate will have zero impact on the number of kids starving in Africa, regardless of what your mom might have told you.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2019, 04:32:42 pm »

^ I'm kinda doing this with #6.  I'm just putting less in front of me.

I find that I don't really stop getting hungry until I'm well finished eating, either way.

I drink your milkshake!
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2019, 11:43:56 pm »

I am doing a dry January - no booze for 4 weeks. Some people do dry July, but January is too freaking hot in South Australia for red wine so this is my month off.

You would be amazed how many calories there are in alcohol after your liver processes it (not to mention the unhealthy munchies that often accompany it). If you want to lose weight, it should be near the top of any drinker's list.
VidKid
YJFF Member
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2019, 09:03:32 am »

I don't usually adjust my diet for weight loss. I adjust for performance based on what I'm doing at the time. This season I played some flag football on top of the usual sports so I'm going to make some adjustments geared towards that.

Enjoy your reign while you may, Superman. For as surely as night follows day...there comes a time when even gods must die. - Lex Luthor
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2019, 01:00:45 pm »

I'm going to do 31 days of this:

1) Zero Calories via Beverages (not including alcohol)
2) Make healthier choices, in general (mustard instead of mayonaise, low calorie dressings, dipping dressing instead of pouring, etc)
3) Reduce carbs (smaller portions of carbs or half-servings of bread)
4) No sweets
5) No junk snacks between meals (if you're going to eat between meals, it has to be good caloric value)
6) Reduce the amount of food on your plate (if eating out, box up half immediately -- if at home, plate a smaller portion to start)
7) No snacks after dinner.

Anyone else interested?
Try keto and intermittent fasting for a couple months. Last spring I lost around 30 lbs in 3 months with about 85% compliance.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2019, 03:54:56 pm »

Try keto and intermittent fasting for a couple months. Last spring I lost around 30 lbs in 3 months with about 85% compliance.
My wife struggles to lose weight and is very carb sensitive. Even strict diet and Crossfit didn't make it easier. Once she started the intermittent fasting she not only lost weight but can cheat on weekends. It has worked well for her. I'd try it but we work out at 5 am so I have to eat something then and am not stopping eating at lunch.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2019, 04:25:11 pm »

My wife struggles to lose weight and is very carb sensitive. Even strict diet and Crossfit didn't make it easier. Once she started the intermittent fasting she not only lost weight but can cheat on weekends. It has worked well for her. I'd try it but we work out at 5 am so I have to eat something then and am not stopping eating at lunch.
You could always go keto without IF. Works best in combination, but my 1st month was keto only and it worked great. I added IF in later down the road. However, I stopped because due to lack of carbs and glycogen my weight lifting suffered and I always looked flat. I still had strength but when you lift for aesthetic reasons, the lack of carbs and glycogen is counterproductive. At my age it's so hard to keep a 6 pack and fullness in my muscles. I try to keep a happy medium at around 14-15% body fat. But shit, with it being winter right now I'm probably closer to 18-19%. Hahaha, oh well, when the middle of February hits I'll start cutting again.....

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2019, 05:17:29 pm »

You could always go keto without IF. Works best in combination, but my 1st month was keto only and it worked great. I added IF in later down the road. However, I stopped because due to lack of carbs and glycogen my weight lifting suffered and I always looked flat. I still had strength but when you lift for aesthetic reasons, the lack of carbs and glycogen is counterproductive. At my age it's so hard to keep a 6 pack and fullness in my muscles. I try to keep a happy medium at around 14-15% body fat. But shit, with it being winter right now I'm probably closer to 18-19%. Hahaha, oh well, when the middle of February hits I'll start cutting again.....
She actually does a form of Keto with IF and that's what is working. She did Keto with Crossfit and it was still a slow process. It's funny but exercise, and Crossfit is serious exercise, doesn't seem to affect her weight loss.

pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2019, 06:26:28 pm »

She actually does a form of Keto with IF and that's what is working. She did Keto with Crossfit and it was still a slow process. It's funny but exercise, and Crossfit is serious exercise, doesn't seem to affect her weight loss.
Yeah, I learned a long time ago. Losing weight is 90% diet. You can instantly create a consistent calorie deficit by manipulating your diet. On the other hand, you can only exercise so much of a calorie deficit before reaching a point of diminishing returns and burning out. I tried Crossfit a few times and didn't like it. It was sort of "CULT" like from what I remember. I'll stick to working out alone at home or hit the gym with a buddy a couple times a week. To each his own though...

TonyB0D
Uber Member

Crank it up!!

Email
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2019, 10:39:34 pm »

KETO!!

lost 50 lbs in under a year with zero exercise and got to eat like a king!  it's super healthy for you too and i can't really say enough about it.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray