Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:26:56 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  I am incredibly demotivated.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: I am incredibly demotivated.  (Read 6219 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« on: January 02, 2019, 01:58:08 pm »

With the firing of Gase, I'm just in a bad place as a fan.

I can't see any situation where we hire someone who isn't cut from the same mold.  So, I liked Gase and wanted to keep him.  I can get firing him to move in a bold new direction, but I know we're not doing that.

The idea of starting a rebuild again is brutal.

I drink your milkshake!
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2019, 03:15:59 pm »

Well you have approximately 250 days to get excited for the next Dolphins regular season game.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

watch me lose my mind, live and in full color.

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2019, 06:11:53 pm »

Dave,

Don't get demotivated.  We really only need to re-tool a couple areas.  Gase should have been able to do more with what he had at least offensively. 

Hey... what's in the bowl bitch?
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2019, 07:07:00 pm »

I was pissed to begin with because it just seemed another same old same old crap. Now I'm kind of in a wait and see mode. Zero expectations for next season with a very tough schedule and no idea if we will even have the talent level, as bad as it was, we had this year on the team.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2019, 01:22:14 pm »

This thread doesn't need to be in anti-Fins.  It's real talk about a team not pulling it's collective s-t together in decades. 

My daughter asked me a couple days ago if Miami has ever won a SB.  I told her how they did, but it was when I was very little.  I added how they haven't even been in one since I was a teenager.  I'm 48.  If you're scoring at home - the last time Miami went to a Super Bowl was:
  • 33 years
  • 11 months
(18 days, but who's counting?)

Anyone who is 30 - 40 (or older) remembers how laughable, literally, it would be to think of New England, New Orleans, Tampa Bay being in the playoffs.  Yet, all have won Super Bowls. Miami, meanwhile, can't get the car out of reverse.

The Saints and Bucs have won Super Bowls.  Miami hasn't been BACK in 33 years.

Yeah, it's pretty hard being a fan.

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2019, 01:57:34 pm »

Anyone who is 30 - 40 (or older) remembers how laughable, literally, it would be to think of New England, New Orleans, Tampa Bay being in the playoffs. 

No kidding prior to 1985 NE had won exactly one play off game and had only one the division twice.

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2019, 04:13:38 pm »

No kidding prior to 1985 NE had won exactly one play off game and had only one the division twice.
When you find the next Don Shula or Bill Belichick, let me know. Those types of guys come along once in a generation.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2019, 06:46:47 pm »

When you find the next Don Shula or Bill Belichick, let me know. Those types of guys come along once in a generation.

I don’t know, but if you find that guy don’t be afraid to hire him even if he is under contract with another team. Both Mia and NE had to forfeit a 1st round pick for tampering and in both cases the best possible use of a pick.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2019, 10:06:03 pm »

I read an article today that said 80% of season tickets holders have committed to renewing. I was surprised given the news we wouldn't be very good. 

The remarkable resiliency of Miami Dolphins fans

A silver lining for Dolphins fans bracing for a rough 2019:

For the most part they will not be asked to shell out more for tickets.

While the price of some tickets will go up this coming season, most seats will stay flat or even decrease this coming year.

Season-ticket holders got that news in October when renewal requests went out.

In the five months since, more than 80 percent have decided to renew, a testament to the power of the NFL and the loyalty of Dolphins fans.

The organization has been upfront about its plans to rebuild this season, a process that even new coach Brian Flores acknowledged could be painful.

But the likelihood of a 19th consecutive season without a playoff win did not scare off the vast majority of the team’s season ticket base. The team’s renewal rate is particularly impressive, given the lack of obvious big draws on Miami’s home schedule in 2019. Beyond the three divisional teams, the Dolphins will host the Ravens, Bengals, Eagles, Redskins and Chargers.

lat pricing likely means the Dolphins will remain one of the NFL’s best values. They had the league’s 10th-cheapest ticket in the league in 2018 (an average of $86.36) and the most affordable ticket in the AFC East, according to Statista.com.

The Dolphins ranked 20th in total attendance last year (65,560), but were third in capacity percentage (101.2).

The team has had no trouble filling Hard Rock Stadium since the half billion-dollar renovations, and the building’s total revenue — driven mostly by Dolphins games, soccer matches, mega concerts and rent from the University of Miami — was up 39.7 percent in the fiscal year that ended on March 31.

“The Miami Dolphins maintain a stable fan and corporate base and have played in Miami since 1966,” Fitch Ratings wrote in its annual credit assessment of Hard Rock Stadium. “Recent economic uncertainty and team performance have caused attendance and premium seating renewals to be uneven, though trending favorably in recent seasons.”

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2019, 09:29:27 am »

I've never seen the Dolphins in the Super bowl. The first Super bowl I watched was Super bowl XX one year after the Dolphins' last appearance. Naturally I cheered for Da Bears in Super bowl XX.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2019, 11:19:29 am »

I've never seen the Dolphins in the Super bowl. The first Super bowl I watched was Super bowl XX one year after the Dolphins' last appearance. Naturally I cheered for Da Bears in Super bowl XX.

Talk about bad timing to become a Dolphins fan.  The year after Mia last SB appearance and the year that NE went to its first of 11 (and counting). Should have picked the local team. 

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2019, 06:16:18 pm »

Talk about bad timing to become a Dolphins fan.  The year after Mia last SB appearance and the year that NE went to its first of 11 (and counting). Should have picked the local team. 

ok, ok, we get it, the Patriots have been to the SB lots.  No need to keep rubbing it in.  Roll Eyes
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2019, 06:20:05 pm »

I read an article today that said 80% of season tickets holders have committed to renewing. I was surprised given the news we wouldn't be very good. 

Having inexpensive ticket prices has a lot to do with it.  Buffalo has a high season ticket holder count as well, in spite of having terrible teams since the Jim Kelly era.  (BTW how come no one ever talks about all the QB's that came after Kelly, the way they do about Marino).

Teams can generate additional income by raising the price of beer, soda, & food in the stadium.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2019, 04:32:12 pm »

20% turnover for season ticket holders seems kinda high.  And it isn’t like there is a profound change in the Dolphins prospects.  I doubt there were many buyers of tickets in 2018 that though the Dolphins would be hosting the AFCCG that are now thinking that the dolphins window has closed.  If anything the Dolphins are one year closer to having a legitimate shot at winning the AFCE.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2019, 06:06:36 pm »

Having inexpensive ticket prices has a lot to do with it.  Buffalo has a high season ticket holder count as well, in spite of having terrible teams since the Jim Kelly era.  (BTW how come no one ever talks about all the QB's that came after Kelly, the way they do about Marino).
They do.  You would notice it more if you were a Bills fan.

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/picture-gallery/sports/football/nfl/bills/2019/01/04/buffalo-bills-quarterbacks-since-jim-kelly/2485654002/
https://buffalonews.com/2018/10/18/gallery3518/
https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2017/01/20_years_since_jim_kelly_a_list_of_buffalo_bills_quarterbacks.html

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray