Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:31:56 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Sports Illustrated ranks Dolphins quarterback situation worst in NFL
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print
Author Topic: Sports Illustrated ranks Dolphins quarterback situation worst in NFL  (Read 12311 times)
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #60 on: April 26, 2019, 10:35:48 pm »

There is no downside here. Every NFL team NEEDS 2 QB's. The Dolphins had 1, now they have 2. This was NEEDED. One of them will start and the other will back him up and play if the starter is hurt which with our OL is a good possibility. All this does is give them more options for next year. If Rosen turns out to be something great then you saved your 1st round pick next year for another position, if not then take your shot again next year, you have lost NOTHING. We got Rosen for essentially nothing. This was a brilliant move. The Dolphins are having one of the best drafts in the NFL for a change.

They lost the possibility of being able to use their 2nd round pick this year on any of the large number of guys still on the board who could have been difference makers on the team.  Specifically the Center that the Saints took with the Fins 2nd round pick.  He is going to be an outstanding Center in the NFL and the Fins could have really used him.  And now the Dolphins have a mediocre veteran QB and a 2nd year guy who will join the long list of 1st round QB busts throughout history. 
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #61 on: April 26, 2019, 10:56:16 pm »

I think the consensus is that if Rosen doesn't work out then this was a really terrible trade. However, if he bcomes a legit franchise QB then it is the steal of the century.

No middle ground here, a HR or strike out to end the World Series.
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #62 on: April 26, 2019, 11:02:57 pm »

So who starts the season at QB? And what are they going to do next year if they’re in position to draft Tua?

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #63 on: April 26, 2019, 11:15:37 pm »

So who starts the season at QB? And what are they going to do next year if they’re in position to draft Tua?

This is why I didn't want to do this trade. Rosen obviously starts, that's not even a question. He doesn't need to hold a clipboard, he started last year so he has to start this year. Fitzpatrick is just a journeyman, he can't block anyone and we aren't winning anything in 2019.

The problem is how can you accurately evaluate a QB in a lost season with no talent around him? And you need to have a definitive answer too because if we can draft Tua in 2020, you better make sure you are right if you draft or pass up on him.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #64 on: April 27, 2019, 08:22:42 am »

I think the consensus is that if Rosen doesn't work out then this was a really terrible trade. However, if he bcomes a legit franchise QB then it is the steal of the century.
Nah, the consensus is that this was a smart move regardless if Rosen works out or not. It's a low risk, high reward move and those are always the right thing to do especially when you are rebuilding.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/top-takeaways-from-day-2-of-the-2019-nfl-draft/ar-BBWl8ax?li=BBnb7Kz

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2019/story/_/id/26611021/josh-rosen-traded-miami-barnwell-explains-why-a-steal
« Last Edit: April 27, 2019, 08:47:15 am by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #65 on: April 27, 2019, 08:45:24 am »

You're crazy if you don't think Fitz starts the season.  He's here so whatever QB we have can sit and watch for a year.  That's not to say a QB switch won't happen later in the year, but to start it'll be Fitz.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2019, 08:47:48 am by Tenshot13 » Logged
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #66 on: April 27, 2019, 09:51:58 am »

Now 3 AFCE teams have QBs drafted top ten in 2018.  For perspective they were toddlers when Brady was drafted.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #67 on: April 27, 2019, 10:59:42 am »

Word on the street is that he unfollowed the Cards on Instagram when they drafted the new guy.  I find that a sign of immaturity.

Yeah, totally immature only a little boy would react by unfriending the team on facebook.  He needs to act like a real man, like Ryan Griffin and punch a hotel window. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/04/27/reports-texans-ryan-griffin-arrested-near-nfl-draft/

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #68 on: April 27, 2019, 11:57:48 am »

Maybe Tnk for Tua just became suck it for Sunshine? 2021 baby!!

The truth is none of us know how this will work out. Hell ... most of us nearly had a stroke when we passed on Brady Quinn and we know how that turned out. I don’t like the trade for a few reasons but am willing to wait it out before bitching too much. For that matter it’s really hard to make a decision because none of us know what the plan is with him to begin with.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #69 on: April 27, 2019, 02:19:52 pm »

You're crazy if you don't think Fitz starts the season.  He's here so whatever QB we have can sit and watch for a year.  That's not to say a QB switch won't happen later in the year, but to start it'll be Fitz.

That's only in place if we just drafted a QB, Rosen is not a rookie. He started all last season and can't learn anything by sitting out. We didn't trade for him to have him backup a 36 year old, he is here to start and see if he is the franchise QB. Not saying he won't be replaced by Ryan at some point if he is garbage but he is the starter Week 1 guaranteed.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #70 on: April 27, 2019, 05:01:58 pm »

I think the best way to handle it is to say "Thanks to the Arizona Cardinals and all of the fans.  I wish them the best and am excited for my new opportunity."  ...even though it's bullshit, it's just way less drama to deal with.

Does this meet your minimum requirements?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwxXNb-g8Wr/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=b4kfa40475f3
« Last Edit: April 27, 2019, 05:16:27 pm by MyGodWearsAHoodie » Logged

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #71 on: April 27, 2019, 05:12:44 pm »

That's only in place if we just drafted a QB, Rosen is not a rookie. He started all last season and can't learn anything by sitting out. We didn't trade for him to have him backup a 36 year old, he is here to start and see if he is the franchise QB. Not saying he won't be replaced by Ryan at some point if he is garbage but he is the starter Week 1 guaranteed.
He's 21-22 years old and played some games at the biggest dumpster fire in the NFL.  If you don't think there's a possibility he's sitting, and the benefits of that, I have to question your football knowledge.  
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #72 on: April 27, 2019, 05:26:49 pm »

Trade Fitz? 

Cutting him makes no sense as it will just result in 7 million in dead money.  But trading him will result in saving 1.5 million with 4 million dead money.  And while he doesn’t have huge trade value being he would only cost the new team $1.5 million he could be a decent deal for a cash strapped team. 

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #73 on: April 28, 2019, 12:21:19 pm »

More proof that Josh Rosen is unprofessional for unfollowing AZ.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/04/28/josh-rosen-gets-standing-ovation-at-larry-fitzgeralds-softball-game/

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray