Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:59:19 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Assuming Tannehill is cut, who would like to see Miami sign or draft?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12 Print
Author Topic: Assuming Tannehill is cut, who would like to see Miami sign or draft?  (Read 34754 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #105 on: February 27, 2019, 03:40:05 pm »

They don’t want to lose games.  That is a fan theory, not supported by the statements of the gm, coach or owner.
So you think they would tell you if they were planning on losing? I know you are smarter than that. It's more than a fan theory BTW. Those who have inside connections have said it too. We all know that whatever we hear is a filtered version of the truth. I laugh because Joe Rose had to back up after almost revealing something from his conversion with Marino earlier this morning. He even stated ... I have to be careful about some of the things I repeat.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #106 on: February 27, 2019, 03:50:57 pm »

Just read an article from Armando about "tanking". Here's portion of him calling them out ...LOL.

The Dolphins say they’re definitely not tanking. "I think everyone kind of took Steve’s words the [December 31] press conference out of context because you’ve been around Steve. He is a volatile, very competitive person,” Grier said. “So we’re not trying to lose games. We’re going to do what’s best. We’re going to build like we’ve talked about building right, going through the process to do what’s best for the Dolphins.

“But, no, we’re not trying to tank or lose every game. But we’re going to build it right and see how it plays out.”

So this is how the Dolphins want to play it?

They’re blaming “everyone” for taking Ross out of context?

Like when Ross was asked why he ultimately fired coach Adam Gase and his response was, ““I think Adam wants to win and win now?”

So this whole idea of a reset and rebuild is a false narrative concocted by reporters who didn’t understand what Ross was saying?

Speaking for myself, I guess I also misunderstood what multiple sources told me when they said the word “tanking” was actually used and the idea was discussed in at least one coach interview last month.

And I misunderstood when I was told by team sources who said what is coming is a rebuild that will flush some significant talent for the sake of getting in position to draft a great quarterback in 2020 or 2021 such as Alabama’s Tua Tagovailoa (in ‘20) or Clemson’s Trevor Lawrence (in ‘21)?

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article226862204.html

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #107 on: February 27, 2019, 05:01:20 pm »

Just because they are not trying to lose doesn't mean they are trying to win. I think it's pretty obvious what they are trying to do is rebuild, whatever that means. If it means going 2-14 in 2019, so be it. That's what I take from all of this. If they keep Tannehill, make a legit offer to Foles or draft a QB in the first round then I'll believe they are trying to win games in 2019. Otherwise they are not interested in winning in 2019.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 05:05:25 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #108 on: February 27, 2019, 06:59:20 pm »

Signing Foles to a two year deal would be counterproductive both to Foles and the Dolphins desires and needs.  Signing Foles to a 6 or 7 year deal could be in both's best interest assuming the Dolphins feel Foles has the skills to be a franchise QB and not just a back up/place holder and Foles likes the long term prospects of the Dolphins.   

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #109 on: February 27, 2019, 07:21:33 pm »

I think I've said this before in this thread, but this draft isn't really a good QB draft, so why not play Tannehill next season, and draft this year like they're preparing to make the team a contender next season and beyond, then draft one of the hot QBs coming out in next year's draft. I know it won't happen, especially since he knows that he's not wanted, and wouldn't want to be in Miami next season because of that.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #110 on: February 28, 2019, 01:19:13 pm »

Think about what you just outlined Stink It is a pipe dream. Keep the QB good enough to keep you at 8-8 and still grab a QB so highly thought of  that people are planning for them one or two years ahead. If rosters could ony be as easily manipulated  as I see suggested so many times
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #111 on: February 28, 2019, 01:23:39 pm »

Yes, but....but..... the situation just sucks.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #112 on: February 28, 2019, 03:32:56 pm »

Yes, but....but..... the situation just sucks.

Still.  8-8 is no man's land.   Not good enough to make the playoffs but not bad enough to get you a top five draft choice

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #113 on: March 11, 2019, 07:02:20 pm »

Cross Foles off the list.  But Bortles is now available.

Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #114 on: March 12, 2019, 08:32:45 am »

Well, if they want to tank this year, Bortles would be the guy to go to.  To call him horrible is an insult to all things that are horrible.  Good physical tools, but he is one of the worst decision makers at QB the league has seen in the last 10 years.  If they sign him, please let it be for only a couple years.  NOTHING long term. 
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #115 on: March 12, 2019, 10:12:28 am »

Rumor is Miami is going after Tyrod Taylor.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1105467857427673090

I'd rather they go after Fitzpatrick if they are going veteran QB, but there are worse choices.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #116 on: March 12, 2019, 12:19:33 pm »

Odd that Bidgewater choosing to be a backuo for less money in NOLA than a starter in Miami.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #117 on: March 12, 2019, 01:54:44 pm »

Odd that Bidgewater choosing to be a backuo for less money in NOLA than a starter in Miami.
Other reports say the Dolphins didn't offer. Either way ... I'm good with him not coming here.

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #118 on: March 12, 2019, 04:13:16 pm »

Well he has a shot at getting a SB ring with NO. Plus he can really extend his career by holding a clipboard, and make more money in the long run.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #119 on: March 12, 2019, 04:42:40 pm »

Well he has a shot at getting a SB ring with NO. Plus he can really extend his career by holding a clipboard, and make more money in the long run.

I was going to say the same thing about getting a SB ring. 
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray