Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:12:44 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Assuming Tannehill is cut, who would like to see Miami sign or draft?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 Print
Author Topic: Assuming Tannehill is cut, who would like to see Miami sign or draft?  (Read 34731 times)
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #150 on: March 19, 2019, 10:34:57 am »

As best I can telll page 9 of ths thread was 1st mention of your next QB.  10shot gets the prize.
Nope, page 1 third post from Edge. He tried to to bury it, but I found it. LOL

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #151 on: March 20, 2019, 03:41:26 pm »

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2019-nfl-draft-comparing-brett-rypien-to-tom-brady-pfn-film-room/

Good write up on Brett Rypien, comparing him to Tom Brady when he was a prospect.  He would be a late round prospect rounds 5-7 likely. 
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #152 on: March 20, 2019, 04:04:33 pm »

That's a hell of a way to say, "This guy grades out as a sixth-rounder."

It's one thing to compare someone to Antonio Gates or Kurt Warner.  It's something else entirely to compare them to those players as prospects.  They were terrible prospects, which is why they went undrafted.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #153 on: March 20, 2019, 05:52:26 pm »

I don't understand your point.  The article is showing that Rypien isn't the best prospect because he's skinny and doesn't have an elite arm, just like Tom Brady the prospect, and that intangibles are harder to scout.  That and the writer believes Rypien has those same intangibles to some degree that Brady has, so it would be worth it to draft him in the later rounds.  

It's a fun article about a late draft pick talent.  I wouldn't really want them to spend a high draft pick on any QB this draft within our reach, so this makes sense.  
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #154 on: March 20, 2019, 06:00:57 pm »

^^^^ actually there is zero mention of the single most important intangible.  Brady being extremely coachable in comparison to other QBs.  That not him being scrawny at the combine is what allowed him to become great.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #155 on: March 20, 2019, 06:02:36 pm »

You'd have to be a fool to think he'll turn out like Brady but you'd be a fan to hope he does  Smiley
Seafort

Email
« Reply #156 on: March 20, 2019, 07:55:12 pm »

I wouldn't mind seeing Miami make a trade for Kyle Lauletta.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #157 on: March 21, 2019, 01:06:25 pm »

"One NFL scout in Morgantown, W.V., just texted that QB Will Grier “put on a show” for NFL Teams in attendance and predicted he’s “a riser.” The WVU QB is expected to meet with at least 10 teams before the draft, including the Giants, Redskins, Chargers, Pats and Saints."

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1108753450236551168?s=20

Currently a 3-5 round prospect.  Not sure why Scheft didn't include the Dolphins, you know they're one of those 3 teams.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #158 on: March 21, 2019, 01:07:56 pm »

Haskins to hold private workout with Dolphins

https://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/2019/03/21/dolphins-to-have-private-workout-with-osu-quarterback-haskins/

Likely a smoke screen.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #159 on: March 21, 2019, 02:14:45 pm »

I wouldn't mind seeing Miami make a trade for Kyle Lauletta.

I don't get your love for Kyle Lauletta.  He was drafted in the 4th round, barely used by the Giants last year, 0-5 on passes with an interception.  Comes from a small school, Richmond.  He's a project, not worth trading anything for, and if the Giants see something in him I can't see them letting him go; unless perhaps they do draft Haskins and want to keep Eli on for a final year.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #160 on: March 21, 2019, 04:14:18 pm »

I don't get your love for Kyle Lauletta.  He was drafted in the 4th round, barely used by the Giants last year, 0-5 on passes with an interception.  Comes from a small school, Richmond.  He's a project, not worth trading anything for, and if the Giants see something in him I can't see them letting him go; unless perhaps they do draft Haskins and want to keep Eli on for a final year.

That was pretty much my take on Lauletta too when he was coming out of college last year.  Didn't he also get arrested for some really dumbass stunt or am I thinking of some other young backup QB?
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #161 on: March 21, 2019, 04:24:41 pm »

"One NFL scout in Morgantown, W.V., just texted that QB Will Grier “put on a show” for NFL Teams in attendance and predicted he’s “a riser.” The WVU QB is expected to meet with at least 10 teams before the draft, including the Giants, Redskins, Chargers, Pats and Saints."

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1108753450236551168?s=20

Currently a 3-5 round prospect.  Not sure why Scheft didn't include the Dolphins, you know they're one of those 3 teams.
These are funny. If you can't show out at home with guys you've been playing with for some time now and no one defending then that would be news. Everyone looks good on their pro day and doesn't mean a whole lot to anyone.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #162 on: March 22, 2019, 11:03:53 am »

Dolphins dine with Drew Lock.  Making the rounds.

https://247sports.com/nfl/denver-broncos/Article/Drew-Lock-had-dinner-with-the-Miami-Dolphins-will-eat-with-New-York-Giants-130358323/
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #163 on: March 22, 2019, 11:09:00 am »

These are funny. If you can't show out at home with guys you've been playing with for some time now and no one defending then that would be news. Everyone looks good on their pro day and doesn't mean a whole lot to anyone.
Joe Rose said pretty much the same thing this morning. Said the media love playing it up but in reality no GM will be swayed by a performance against air vs tape against competition. Pro days are more of a meet and greet.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #164 on: March 22, 2019, 01:40:17 pm »

Joe Rose said pretty much the same thing this morning. Said the media love playing it up but in reality no GM will be swayed by a performance against air vs tape against competition. Pro days are more of a meet and greet.

Agree.  More about an opportunity to interview player, coaches and teammates than skill assessment.  However, a bad proday can hurt.  If a player can grip the smaller college ball but struggles with the proball the players stock will drop.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray