Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:24:20 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Assuming Tannehill is cut, who would like to see Miami sign or draft?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12 Print
Author Topic: Assuming Tannehill is cut, who would like to see Miami sign or draft?  (Read 34095 times)
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2019, 12:41:41 pm »

Drafting Murry would be very risky. In the 13th slot you would be offering him less money than the A’s. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2019, 01:09:05 pm »

Except Tebow is 250 lbs and Wilson is 204 lbs, so that's a poor example.  Kyler Murray is 194lbs by the way, so 204-194=10.  He's 10 lbs lighter than Wilson.  You have some heavy exaggerations there not based on facts.  If we went on past archetypes, Wilson would have never been a star.  I'm not saying him being small isn't a con, I just don't see it as big a con as you do, seeing how high his ceiling can be.
Murray is not what his stats say he is. They are just press release numbers for his team.  Just wait for the combine when he actually gets measured.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2019, 02:08:49 pm »

Pure conjecture, I'll believe it when I see it, not make stuff up on heresay.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2019, 04:58:13 pm »

Kyler played high school here in the town where we live.  He is WAY too small framed to for the NFL.  Also, his dad is a douche and he is the one who calls the shots for his son.  He will go wherever the most money is in terms of which sport he will play.  I tend to think he knows that he is too small for the NFL and they are just trying to get more money out of the A's, but that is just speculation on my part. 
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2019, 05:16:29 pm »

Drafting Murry would be very risky. In the 13th slot you would be offering him less money than the A’s.  
I don't get the feeling that Murry is strictly looking at money. My understanding is that he would rather go to the NFL and be a possible star then be playing minor league baseball for a year or 2 before he makes it to the bigs (assuming he ever makes it). Most of his family I believe are pushing for him to go to MLB, so the very fact that he's still considering the NFL is relevant.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2019, 05:19:44 pm »

I tend to think he knows that he is too small for the NFL and they are just trying to get more money out of the A's, but that is just speculation on my part.  
I think that's a nice side benefit. I think he really is considering the NFL. Not saying he will go that route, but my understanding is that is where Murray's heart is. His head may be telling him otherwise.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2019, 05:42:18 pm »

I don't get the feeling that Murry is strictly looking at money. My understanding is that he would rather go to the NFL and be a possible star then be playing minor league baseball for a year or 2 before he makes it to the bigs (assuming he ever makes it). Most of his family I believe are pushing for him to go to MLB, so the very fact that he's still considering the NFL is relevant.

Okay maybe money isn’t the only factor...but he is still a big risk.  Once drafted might decide he doesn’t want to play for the team that drafted him and he has the leverage to say “trade me to team X or I will play baseball”.

BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2019, 05:59:25 pm »

Anyone who drafts Murray in the first three rounds is a fool. 

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2019, 06:24:11 pm »

Anyone who drafts Murray in the first three rounds is a fool. 

in any round.  If he is drafted in round 2 to 7 it is pretty much guaranteed he will play baseball.  It is risky to take him early due to his size and lack of commitment, but as he falls the chances of him playing baseball goes up.  So using a late round draft pick is just wasting a pick.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2019, 10:03:39 am »

Murray definitely thinks he is a top NFL pick. He told the As he'd play baseball if they guaranteed him 15 million which they did not.

According to Mike Leslie of WFAA, Murray wants a $15 million contract from the A’s. Otherwise, Murray will enter the NFL draft.

That’s a risky position for Murray. If the A’s say yes, he gets the money. If the A’s say no, does that really close the door on the A’s changing their mind later? That’s the dilemma any NFL team that drafts Murray would face.

If $15 million is Murray’s financial goal, that would peg his NFL floor in the range of pick No. 11 or 12, based on the 2018 contracts given to first-round picks. If a team takes Murray below that spot, will the A’s step up and match or beat the slotted contract value that Murray would get from his NFL team

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/01/13/report-kyler-murray-wants-15-million-to-commit-to-baseball/

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2019, 10:52:21 am »

I am kinda hoping the risk of drafting him and him playing baseball scares everyone off and he gets drafted 256.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2019, 10:56:53 am »

^^^ I really don't care for him playing one against the other ... but I guess that's his right. It just puts both teams at a real disadvantage.

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2019, 12:03:29 pm »

Murray definitely thinks he is a top NFL pick. He told the As he'd play baseball if they guaranteed him 15 million which they did not.
To me this just solidifies the idea that Murray would rather play Football. There's no way the A's are gonna pay him 15 million right now. My understanding is that Murray doesn't really have to choose until after the NFL draft. He could report to the A's and still change his mind after the draft depending upon if and where he's chosen. He could also choose not to report to the A's in the hopes doing so would raise his stock in the draft and if not then go to the A's. Anyone think differently?

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2019, 01:17:14 pm »

My understanding is that Murray doesn't really have to choose until after the NFL draft. He could report to the A's and still change his mind after the draft depending upon if and where he's chosen. He could also choose not to report to the A's in the hopes doing so would raise his stock in the draft and if not then go to the A's. Anyone think differently?

I don’t know what he is going to do.  Neither do you.  Nor the As.  Nor NFL GMs.  I am not even sure if Murray has a concrete plan.  All of which makes using a draft pick on him highly risky. If a team uses a pick on him, they might have a player, they might not.  The only potential draftees more risky would be someone who sustained injuries in a car crash while driving drunk to the combine.

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2019, 02:19:52 pm »

I hope they don't draft Murray.  I don't want to see a David Overstreet repeat.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray