Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:58:16 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Assuming Tannehill is cut, who would like to see Miami sign or draft?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12 Print
Author Topic: Assuming Tannehill is cut, who would like to see Miami sign or draft?  (Read 34957 times)
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #60 on: February 04, 2019, 11:22:00 am »

I saw this comment on  pft about Flores upcoming presser.

After Brian Flores explains to Ross how easy it was to game plan against Ryan Tannehill there will be a 4:30 press conference announcing Ryan’s release.

Got me thinking not just for Tannehill but all the players that would be a great way to rate them.  Flores game planned against the Dolphins a few times, some guys posed a huge headache others were a bit easier.  The players that kept the Patriots DC awake at night are the players the Dolphins HC should want to extend, the players that didn't pose much of a challenge should be cut. 

I recall BB saying the reason he trade for Wes Welker is he was very difficult to game plan against. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #61 on: February 04, 2019, 01:05:05 pm »

I saw this comment on  pft about Flores upcoming presser.

Got me thinking not just for Tannehill but all the players that would be a great way to rate them.  Flores game planned against the Dolphins a few times, some guys posed a huge headache others were a bit easier.  The players that kept the Patriots DC awake at night are the players the Dolphins HC should want to extend, the players that didn't pose much of a challenge should be cut. 

I recall BB saying the reason he trade for Wes Welker is he was very difficult to game plan against. 
hahaha ... I think that's part QB and part coach. For the most part ... our offense was pretty vanilla screens.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #62 on: February 05, 2019, 11:38:07 am »

I got a sneaky suspicion that whomever it is there will be some people that will miss having Tannehill around next year. I for one am sad to see him go. One of the most likeable QB's the Dolphins have had in my humble opinion.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #63 on: February 05, 2019, 11:40:11 am »

I got a sneaky suspicion that whomever it is there will be some people that will miss having Tannehill around next year. I for one am sad to see him go. One of the most likeable QB's the Dolphins have had in my humble opinion.
I like him too but I understand the deal. He needs a new start somewhere else anyway so it might end up being a win-win before it's all over.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #64 on: February 05, 2019, 12:03:33 pm »

Tannehill is extremely likeable.  He just isn't very great at football, slightly above average.
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #65 on: February 05, 2019, 02:22:50 pm »

Tannehill is extremely likeable.  He just isn't very great at football, slightly above average.
He could have had a much better career. He was done a huge disservice by being picked by Miami.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #66 on: February 05, 2019, 02:47:13 pm »

Bit off topic, but close......assuming Tannehill is cut what happens to him......

Does he go on to be a franchise QB somewhere else...ala Drew Brees?

Does he become a journey man stop gaping teams who need a year or part of a season to get a rookie ready?

Does he get regulated to a backup role?

Does he retire?  And if so coaching?  Broadcasting?  Other?  
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 03:15:46 pm by MyGodWearsAHoodie » Logged

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #67 on: February 05, 2019, 02:52:53 pm »

I say he'll be a journeyman stopgap who need to prepare a rookie QB, and ultimately the best backup QB in the league later on.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #68 on: February 05, 2019, 03:16:07 pm »

Bit off topic, but close......assuming Tannehill what happens to him......

Does he go on to be a franchise QB somewhere else...ala Drew Brees?

Does he become a journey man stop gaping teams who need a year or part of a season to get a rookie ready?

Does he get regulated to a backup role?

Does he retire?  And if so coaching?  Broadcasting?  Other? 
Depends on where he ends up. He could be a back up and live out a peaceful career just like Chad Henne is doing in KC. 

BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #69 on: February 05, 2019, 03:43:14 pm »

He could have had a much better career. He was done a huge disservice by being picked by Miami.

Because they didn't provide him with a line to protect him and also allowed him to try an alternative to surgery when he tore his knee up the first time.   I would've told him, "You're having the surgery or you're going to another team"

pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #70 on: February 05, 2019, 03:50:30 pm »

Because they didn't provide him with a line to protect him and also allowed him to try an alternative to surgery when he tore his knee up the first time.   I would've told him, "You're having the surgery or you're going to another team"
I guess we could pick specific reasons. However, I think "being picked by Miami" pretty much says all you need to know, LMAO.....

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #71 on: February 05, 2019, 03:54:46 pm »

That is an extremely vagrant violation of the CBA.  Very well could have resulted in the Dolphins being forced to pay the rest of his contract and allow him to become FA with no offset. 

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #72 on: February 05, 2019, 04:16:14 pm »

Does he retire?  And if so coaching?  Broadcasting?  Other?  
I don't see him broadcasting but you never know. I didn't think Aikman or Romo would make good broadcasters and at least Aikman is very good and Romo I think will be on par one day.

I think he could retire as I think his wife could still be a model. She's had a couple of kids, but I think she stays in pretty good shape. Maybe Ryan could be a good stay at home dad.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #73 on: February 05, 2019, 08:44:50 pm »

Aikmen is terrible.  Romo is great.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 07:29:58 am by Tenshot13 » Logged
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #74 on: February 05, 2019, 09:11:14 pm »

What about signing two quarterbacks and varying them so the opponents don't know who to game plan for?

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray