Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:01:43 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Assuming Tannehill is cut, who would like to see Miami sign or draft?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12 Print
Author Topic: Assuming Tannehill is cut, who would like to see Miami sign or draft?  (Read 34891 times)
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #75 on: February 05, 2019, 09:28:54 pm »

What about signing two quarterbacks and varying them so the opponents don't know who to game plan for?

why not just play both of them at the same time in a A-11 offense scheme!!!
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #76 on: February 06, 2019, 10:02:11 am »

What about signing two quarterbacks and varying them so the opponents don't know who to game plan for?

When you have two QBs, you don't have any.   

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #77 on: February 06, 2019, 10:39:12 am »

False:  Joe Montana/Steve Young...Brett Favre/Aaron Rodgers...Drew Brees (GOAT)/Philip Rivers
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #78 on: February 06, 2019, 12:11:28 pm »

False:  Joe Montana/Steve Young...Brett Favre/Aaron Rodgers...Drew Brees (GOAT)/Philip Rivers

Bledsoe/Brady(GOAT) ....Wenz/Foles

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #79 on: February 06, 2019, 12:33:12 pm »

I don't recall those guys playing a rotation though. One of them was the guy the other a backup
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #80 on: February 06, 2019, 07:03:35 pm »

Best odds are that Foles goes to Miami or Jacksonville

https://www.pennlive.com/philadelphiaeagles/2019/02/miami-dolphins-jacksonville-jaguars-have-best-odds-to-land-philadelphia-eagles-backup-nick-foles.html
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #81 on: February 06, 2019, 07:10:31 pm »

Anyone who is writing that Miami is after Foles has no clue as to what they are talking about. They are only looking at the obvious from the outside point of view.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #82 on: February 06, 2019, 07:35:21 pm »

Anyone who is writing that Miami is after Foles has no clue as to what they are talking about. They are only looking at the obvious from the outside point of view.

Those are Vegas odds playa, pretty sure you didn't click on the link. 
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #83 on: February 06, 2019, 07:46:39 pm »

LOL ... No I didn't. Like I said ... anyone thinking Foles will be in Miami has not been paying attention so I wouldn't care what else they said. I thought Vegas was better than that.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #84 on: February 07, 2019, 10:55:12 am »

LOL ... No I didn't. Like I said ... anyone thinking Foles will be in Miami has not been paying attention so I wouldn't care what else they said. I thought Vegas was better than that.

Then bet other side on the line and make yourself some coin.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #85 on: February 07, 2019, 10:57:31 am »

Then bet other side on the line and make yourself some coin.
I don't think he'll go to Jax either seeing as how they are drafting pretty high. Hard to say at this point where he'll end up. I hear Philly is thinking of resigning him and trading so they can control were he goes. They don't want the giants to get him.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #86 on: February 07, 2019, 11:31:19 am »

^Also mentioned in that article about Philly franchising and trading him, and how there are rules that they can't really do that.  You should really read it lol.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #87 on: February 07, 2019, 12:04:01 pm »

^Also mentioned in that article about Philly franchising and trading him, and how there are rules that they can't really do that.  You should really read it lol.
Just cause I'm bored ... I looked and don't see it saying anything about "how there are rules that they can't really do that."

That means Foles will either hit free agency unencumbered, or the Eagles will attempt to place the franchise tag on him — a move that could come at a hefty price — and then move him to get some immediate compensation.

There’s still a couple weeks for that to play out. But the one thing that seems like a virtual certainty is that Foles won’t be back in Philadelphia next season. So then the question becomes much simpler: Where will Nick Foles play football next season?

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #88 on: February 07, 2019, 12:58:12 pm »

Article 4, Section 8, subsection (b) of the Collective Bargaining Agreement states as follows: “A Club extending a Required Tender must, for so long as that Tender is extended, have a good faith intention to employ the player receiving the Tender at the Tender compensation level during the upcoming season.”

So Foles could argue if he is traded that no good faith intention existed and thus the tag is void. 

Brings up obvious question....didn’t Patriots do that with Cassel.  Yup, and I am pretty sure if he had fought it, he would have won in arbitration.  But MC was okay with playing for KC so he didn’t fight it.  If Foles is okay  with the new team and what they are offering he might not fight it either.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #89 on: February 07, 2019, 02:05:58 pm »

Just cause I'm bored ... I looked and don't see it saying anything about "how there are rules that they can't really do that."

That means Foles will either hit free agency unencumbered, or the Eagles will attempt to place the franchise tag on him — a move that could come at a hefty price — and then move him to get some immediate compensation.

There’s still a couple weeks for that to play out. But the one thing that seems like a virtual certainty is that Foles won’t be back in Philadelphia next season. So then the question becomes much simpler: Where will Nick Foles play football next season?

You're right, my bad.  It was another article I saw that on that I was reading around the same time as the one I posted.  Hoodie got the gist of it.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray