Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:47:49 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Assuming Tannehill is cut, who would like to see Miami sign or draft?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 Print
Author Topic: Assuming Tannehill is cut, who would like to see Miami sign or draft?  (Read 34084 times)
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2019, 05:54:40 pm »

The Eagles also have a very solid O-Line and talented runners.   

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2019, 12:24:06 pm »

Jake Rudock

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2019, 09:19:38 pm »

I'm starting to l like Murray from Oklahoma more and more.
Garrett

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2019, 10:04:29 pm »

This is just as  rediculous conversation to discuss. Tannehill may not be an elite QB, but he is very good. Much better than most in the league. He's had a few bad games, but everyone does. The O-line was horrible after the injuries early in the year. He couldn't even complete a 3 step drop without getting plowed in the ground! They need to keep him. The problem with the team is O-LINE and linebacker on defense.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2019, 09:26:40 am »

This is just as  rediculous conversation to discuss.

It's just a hypothetical question and especially relevant when there is a chance Tannehill will be cut especially with a new coaching staff coming in. It's not unusual to bring in new players and QB is a key piece.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2019, 10:20:07 am »

Jake Rudock
Our Savior  Roll Eyes

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2019, 10:56:12 am »

Our Savior  Roll Eyes

The best game of his career was a preseason game vs NE.  Dolphins sign him after deciding to hire Flores.  Maybe your next HC thinks he is a diamond in the rough

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2019, 08:47:33 pm »

I'd like to draft Fromm from Georgia (sp)? next season, or wage a real war of attrition in sucking and wait a couple of years and draft what's his name from Clemson. Whatever.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2019, 10:52:15 am »

I'd like to draft Fromm from Georgia (sp)? next season, or wage a real war of attrition in sucking and wait a couple of years and draft what's his name from Clemson. Whatever.

Trevor Lawrence.   And if Jameis doesn't show any improvement, you'll have my boys to contend with for that. 

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2019, 10:58:12 am »

--get Foles
--draft Murray
Or
--wait until 2020 draft for qb
? ? ?
--Profit
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2019, 11:07:30 am »

--get Foles
--draft Murray
Or
--wait until 2020 draft for qb
? ? ?
--Profit
I pray they don't waste a pick on Murray. He's 5'9 and 185lbs (I know he's listed at 5"10 195lbs but several reports say that isn't true). While he has skill he will not last in the NFL. We need to build up both of our lines in this draft and play a QB that doesn't affect our salary cap. It doesn't really matter who that is as long as he isn't going to win 6 or more games.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2019, 11:20:00 am »

1.  We aren't going to purposefully tank, get off that tip already.  Whoever we bring in (Flores) will want to win right away.

2.  Foles has proven enough for me to want him on our team.  Once we gut the roster, we'll have room for him and other key pieces we need.

3.  Murray isn't just a rushing QB, he threw for 4k+ yards, 42 touchdowns, then also rushed for over 1k yards and 11 more tds... Runs a 4.3 forty.  He is 5'9 3/4", which is small, but he's worth the risk IMO.  Russell Wilson is 5'11", Drew Brees is only 6'.  Brock is 6'8" and he sucks.  
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2019, 11:26:22 am »

Count Chocula himself agrees with me.  I linked a reddit thread, Mel Kipers articles are hidden behind pay walls, scroll down a bit and you'll see someone copy pasted it in the comments section.

https://www.reddit.com/r/miamidolphins/comments/agyn1q/mel_kipers_first_mock_draft_has_the_miami/?utm_source=reddit-android
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2019, 12:04:45 pm »

1.  We aren't going to purposefully tank, get off that tip already.  Whoever we bring in (Flores) will want to win right away.

2.  Foles has proven enough for me to want him on our team.  Once we gut the roster, we'll have room for him and other key pieces we need.

3.  Murray isn't just a rushing QB, he threw for 4k+ yards, 42 touchdowns, then also rushed for over 1k yards and 11 more tds... Runs a 4.3 forty.  He is 5'9 3/4", which is small, but he's worth the risk IMO.  Russell Wilson is 5'11", Drew Brees is only 6'.  Brock is 6'8" and he sucks.  
Russel Wilson is 5"11 but is 210 of solid muscle. He's built more like Tebow. Brees is 6"0 and a solid 210. At 3" shorter and 25lbs lighter Murray will get killed. QBs on bad teams get hit blindsided all the time and that isn't something he will be able to take too much of. He's like a whole lot of other Heisman winning QBs in that with all his college skills it will not work out for him in the NFL.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2019, 12:14:33 pm »

Russel Wilson is 5"11 but is 210 of solid muscle. He's built more like Tebow. Brees is 6"0 and a solid 210. At 3" shorter and 25lbs lighter Murray will get killed. QBs on bad teams get hit blindsided all the time and that isn't something he will be able to take too much of. He's like a whole lot of other Heisman winning QBs in that with all his college skills it will not work out for him in the NFL.
Except Tebow is 250 lbs and Wilson is 204 lbs, so that's a poor example.  Kyler Murray is 194lbs by the way, so 204-194=10.  He's 10 lbs lighter than Wilson.  You have some heavy exaggerations there not based on facts.  If we went on past archetypes, Wilson would have never been a star.  I'm not saying him being small isn't a con, I just don't see it as big a con as you do, seeing how high his ceiling can be.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 12:21:31 pm by Tenshot13 » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray