Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:38:34 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Chicago FG changed to 'blocked' vs 'missed'
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Chicago FG changed to 'blocked' vs 'missed'  (Read 1947 times)
VidKid
YJFF Member
Uber Member

« on: January 08, 2019, 09:07:02 am »

Do you think this matters?

The guy and his family are getting death threats, he already had a season of missed FGs and hitting the uprights. Maybe it eases some of the brunt he took / has taken for blowing it, but it's still gonna suck being him for quite some time.

Enjoy your reign while you may, Superman. For as surely as night follows day...there comes a time when even gods must die. - Lex Luthor
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2019, 09:18:55 am »

Do you think this matters?

The guy and his family are getting death threats, he already had a season of missed FGs and hitting the uprights. Maybe it eases some of the brunt he took / has taken for blowing it, but it's still gonna suck being him for quite some time.
Yes it will. You'd think that media would help things to get better for someone who has been chosen to be the scapegoat but it only makes things worse.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2019, 10:42:36 am »

It will make a difference in coaches, GMs and intelligent followers of football judge him.  Missing a critical field goal is different than having one blocked.

It won’t change the death threat crowd, the type of person that makes a death threat over a missed FG, is unlikely to have enough introspection to re-evaluate their position.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2019, 10:49:30 am »

It won’t change the death threat crowd, the type of person that makes a death threat over a missed FG, is unlikely to have enough introspection to re-evaluate their position.
Yep ... anyone who takes sports as life and death has pretty much lost all sense of rhyme or reason. Sadly no team is without these nutcases.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2019, 03:47:52 pm »

Yep ... anyone who takes sports as life and death has pretty much lost all sense of rhyme or reason. Sadly no team is without these nutcases.

I think you mentioned such a nutcase in another forum. 

pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2019, 03:48:47 pm »

I have these wackos at work that argue about sports shit all day long. Who the hell argues over a child's game? Belligerent/obnoxious/cocky/asshole fans, that's who. That's why I'm glad Alabama lost. That's why I hope the Saints lose. That's why I hope the Jets lose every game they ever play from this day forward. All teams have those fans, but some teams fanbase is loaded down with them.

Oh yeah, fuck LeBron and his obnoxious/cocky/asshole fans too.

BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

watch me lose my mind, live and in full color.

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2019, 12:31:54 pm »

It sounds dumb but it's mostly for statistics.  The fact that the ball made it past the line of scrimmage to the goal post makes it a miss, in spite of the fact that it was deflected.  Had the ball been kicked and blocked and rolled backwards or never got anywhere close to the goal post, then it would have stayed as "blocked" and not counted as an attempted kick.

Hey... what's in the bowl bitch?
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2019, 05:58:37 pm »

What the fans think about the change is completely irrelevant.  The only opinions about it that should matter are the players and coaches and the only  person from that group who MIGHT care is the Bears kicker.  Nobody else in the entire world should give a crap whether it was ruled "blocked" vs. "missed".   People who care to argue about that are on the same level as the people who argue about whether Superman or Batman would win in a fight. 
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2019, 01:26:50 pm »

^^^I am pretty sure Batman carries around some Kryptonite just in case.  Evil
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2019, 08:22:45 pm »

^^^I am pretty sure Batman carries around some Kryptonite just in case.  Evil

LULZ.  Well played.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2019, 12:23:57 pm »

Bears cut him.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
VidKid
YJFF Member
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2019, 09:58:19 am »

Enjoy your reign while you may, Superman. For as surely as night follows day...there comes a time when even gods must die. - Lex Luthor
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray