Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 11:35:39 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  2020 Top Draft Target - Andrew Thomas, OT or Jerry Jeudy, WR?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 2020 Top Draft Target - Andrew Thomas, OT or Jerry Jeudy, WR?  (Read 1026 times)
Seafort

Email
« on: September 02, 2019, 07:40:41 pm »

First off, I think Miami will be swapping their likely Number One Overall pick and declining to draft a QB next year. It will shock a lot of people, but it will be in keeping with what Cleveland did in the 2016 and 2017 drafts as they worked to fill out the rest of the roster.

If so, I am presuming that the Dolphins would dedicate a high number of picks towards offensive line, but also with a potential move towards a top skill position player in the 2020 draft. If so, who do you think that they target?

Some possibilities:

Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia

Jerry Jeudy, WR , Alabama

Laviska Shenault Jr., WR , Colorado

Walker Little, OT , Stanford

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2019, 10:08:26 pm »

If so, I am presuming that the Dolphins would dedicate a high number of picks towards offensive line, but also with a potential move towards a top skill position player in the 2020 draft. If so, who do you think that they target?
I wouldn't count on Miami taking a bunch of offensive lineman in the next 2 Drafts. That's not the Belichick way. They'll draft some but they'll be mid round picks. The high draft choices will be on defensive players and skill positions on offense. I'm thinking WR's and maybe a running back or 2 and also a QB at some point, but not necessarily their 1st pick either draft. Throw in a TE for good measure. That sounds more like a Belichick draft.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 10:10:00 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2019, 08:55:20 am »

I wouldn't count on Miami taking a bunch of offensive lineman in the next 2 Drafts. That's not the Belichick way. They'll draft some but they'll be mid round picks. The high draft choices will be on defensive players and skill positions on offense. I'm thinking WR's and maybe a running back or 2 and also a QB at some point, but not necessarily their 1st pick either draft. Throw in a TE for good measure. That sounds more like a Belichick draft.

Belichick is not employed by the Dolphins. 

Plus the Belichick method is to draft the player that will best help the team, not some of formula about what round to draft specific players.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2019, 04:42:52 pm »

Belichick is not employed by the Dolphins.  

Plus the Belichick method is to draft the player that will best help the team, not some of formula about what round to draft specific players.
True, but you just have to look at his history and you can see what's typical for him. And yes I know he's not an employee of the Dolphins, but Flores is and he's a disciple of Belichick. Not that he will do things just like Belichick, but I'm sure he's learned a bit about what to favor from the guy in the draft. I'm sure he's taken a bit of that to heart.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2019, 05:11:58 pm »

True, but you just have to look at his history and you can see what's typical for him. And yes I know he's not an employee of the Dolphins, but Flores is and he's a disciple of Belichick. Not that he will do things just like Belichick, but I'm sure he's learned a bit about what to favor from the guy in the draft. I'm sure he's taken a bit of that to heart.

Yeah, but BB never drafts a WR the first round...until he did.  BB never trades up for X type player until he does.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray