Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:27:00 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  New coach discussion thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Print
Author Topic: New coach discussion thread  (Read 16199 times)
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #105 on: January 22, 2019, 02:16:48 pm »

In addition to it sucking having to watch the Patriots in another SB, this is really hurting the Dolphins for 2019 with their supposed next HC unavailable to start putting together a staff, and doing the many things that are necessary in the off season.  I hope Ross planned this as a throw away year because the Dolphins are going to be way behind every other NFL team.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #106 on: January 22, 2019, 05:58:47 pm »

We still have a pretty good delegation at the Senior bowl. Drew Lock raved about meeting Marino in his interview with our GM and his staff. 

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #107 on: January 23, 2019, 03:40:34 pm »

In addition to it sucking having to watch the Patriots in another SB, this is really hurting the Dolphins for 2019 with their supposed next HC unavailable to start putting together a staff, and doing the many things that are necessary in the off season.  I hope Ross planned this as a throw away year because the Dolphins are going to be way behind every other NFL team.

We are meeting with Flores today to discuss staffing and whatnot. He is the new coach, just can't make it official yet. I think everyone knows that 2019 is a wash, not just for the late start in preparing, but because we really need to get serious and rebuild.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #108 on: January 23, 2019, 05:43:19 pm »

On the plus side your next coach will have super bowl experience. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #109 on: January 24, 2019, 01:12:46 pm »

On the plus side your next coach will have super bowl experience. 

We have had that many times over. It has been fruitless so far
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #110 on: February 01, 2019, 05:22:13 pm »

In multiple threads there is a given that Flores is already our next HC, sorry but I'm not going along until I see him in a Miami Dolphins shirt in Miami.  I feel I have good reason to be skeptical until it is official: Saban said he was not leaving..then he's gone, Belichick was the Jets HC..then he wasn't, McDaniels was the new Colts HC...then he wasn't.  Let's just say the Patriots win the Super Bowl and Belichick retires immediately, what if Flores is offered the NE HC job, or a much improved position under McDaniels?  I could see him staying in NE.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #111 on: February 01, 2019, 07:44:38 pm »

Except that he has already started to choose his staff. Some have even been told they are staying, etc. You don't do that unless you have already made a verbal agreement. Now it's true that he could back out at the last minute, but it's not likely.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray