Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:02:59 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Per ESPN: Tank for Tua In Effect
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: Per ESPN: Tank for Tua In Effect  (Read 7107 times)
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2019, 12:49:00 pm »

It actually wouldn’t be that hard.  If you are in a situation where you would even consider tanking odds are you are gonna lose most of your games anyway.  The difference between going 5-11 vs going 2-14 can be done in literally 3 badly designed plays.  Going 0-16 would be harder, but I am assuming any team weak enough to consider tanking is going to be up by two scores late in the fourth at most in two games.  Really wouldn’t be hard to tank in the NFL and just have it attributed to bad decision making.

Yeah, I guess you are right.  I think I'm probably just having a hard time personally differentiating between "could you do it" and "should you do it".    But I get what you are saying. 
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2019, 04:11:19 pm »

Yeah, I guess you are right.  I think I'm probably just having a hard time personally differentiating between "could you do it" and "should you do it".    But I get what you are saying. 

I am not a fan of tanking.  I am okay with placing a higher priority on future success than present success.  I am okay with trading a great player on the last year of his contract that will be cost prohibitive to tag for a rookie that won't help you that much this year but has the potential to help you a lot over the next few season.  I am okay with trading this years 3rd round pick for next year's 2nd round pick.  And I am okay with playing younger players to get them experience.  For me you cross the line into tanking when your motivation becomes how do we improve our draft spot.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray