Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:08:17 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Car Monitoring for Auto Insurance
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Car Monitoring for Auto Insurance  (Read 6976 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2019, 02:04:08 pm »

Allstate does not guarantee a 10 percent  discount. It is up to 10 percent. I'll give you one guess how many people get the full discount. No way I would ever install one of those things.

Incorrect.  It is up to 30% depending on quality of driving.  10% (or up to 10%) just for signing up.

I drink your milkshake!
suck for luck
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2019, 08:52:40 pm »

I think it`s a great idea. Be sure and use your Alexa to set it up.

“The atmospheric conditions as well as the true equilibrium of the ball is critical to the measurement.” — Belichick
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2019, 01:43:51 pm »

Incorrect.  It is up to 30% depending on quality of driving.  10% (or up to 10%) just for signing up.

You need to visit the website because their language says up to 10percent. I'm not making it up.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2019, 04:21:18 pm »

^ From their website:

Save up to 10% when you sign up
Save up to 30% every six months for your everyday safe driving

-------

I logged into the website portal and I got the full 10% for the signup part.  In six months, they'll evaluate and go based on that.  I'm only 4 days of data in.

I drink your milkshake!
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2019, 05:26:30 pm »

you don't keep it installed, you have it for about 3 weeks and then you ship it back to them

According to Dave they are going to re-evaluate in six months, so this must be a different program that what you are talking about.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2019, 05:33:27 pm »

I don't know about Florida Car Insurance, but up here in NYS you can save on your insurance by taking a Defensive Driving Course.  You save 10% off of liability coverage and 10% off of collision/comp coverage.  The classes last for 6 hours, usually two -  three hour classes, and the discount is good for 3 years, at which time you have to retake the class to continue the discount.  I haven't done it in awhile but I used to take them every three years to save money, it also took points off your license if you had had traffic tickets, which is why I first took them over 30 years ago.  If you want to save some money I'd do this before inviting Big Brother into my car.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray