Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 05:40:05 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Super Bowl 53
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Print
Author Topic: Super Bowl 53  (Read 14473 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: January 20, 2019, 10:25:17 pm »

I don't know if I will watch this one.

Brady proves once again on Sunday that he is the luckiest person on the face of the Earth.  His team has won the toss in all three of his overtime playoff games.

The Chiefs had the game won, but a stupid offsides penalty gave the trophy to NE. 

The refs were fine in this game.  If anything they benefited KC.  It's just so difficult to watch.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 10:30:50 pm by dolphins4life » Logged

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Cathal
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2019, 10:44:30 pm »

Yeah, it'll probably be another Superbowl I won't watch.
DenverFinFan
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2019, 10:51:31 pm »

Sometimes you just have to wonder. That Saints game was messed up. NFL has a lot riding on LA teams succeeding, just saying.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2019, 11:22:02 pm »

Brady proves once again on Sunday that he is the luckiest person on the face of the Earth.  His team has won the toss in all three of his overtime playoff games.

The Chiefs had the game won, but a stupid offsides penalty gave the trophy to NE. 

The refs were fine in this game.  If anything they benefited KC.  It's just so difficult to watch.

No way they benefited KC.  They blew a bunch of calls in favor of NE. 

Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2019, 11:25:00 pm »

After today's events, the ref stealing a victory from the Saints and the Pats winning again, I have zero interest in watching the Super Bowl.  I give the Patriots their due, but I'm gonna pass on the game this year. 
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2019, 12:05:27 am »

So now I’m a Rams fan. I’m really running out of teams to cheer for. I’ll be watching the super bowl because, we’ll, it’s the SuperBowl. Come on people. It’s the freaking Super Bowl. How can you not watch?

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2019, 06:19:18 am »

The refs were fine in this game.  If anything they benefited KC.  It's just so difficult to watch.

1.  Roughing the passer against the Chiefs when he didn't hit Brady's helmet, kept their drive alive, otherwise KC wins with the lead.

2.  Edelmen clearly dropped a pass that was challenged, but they called it a catch.

3.  In the same breath that muffled punt fumble of Edelmen was way to close to say it didn't hit him.

4.  Pats holding on almost every play like they've always done, but it wasn't called.

We must have been watching different games.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 04:30:37 pm by Tenshot13 » Logged
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2019, 09:22:28 am »

That phantom roughing call for Brady was atrocious. Total game changer.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2019, 12:56:29 pm »

I'll be watching. It would take something major to keep me away from the Super Bowl
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2019, 04:01:05 pm »

I hope that Brady is ok after that vicious roughing the passer hit that he took. Actually, given the windchill, the breeze that the defender’s hand must have created as it went by Brady’s face could have caused a significant windburn injury to his beautiful face. I guess it was justified.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2019, 04:07:21 pm »

This happened after the game was already lost, but a stupid defensive holding penalty away from the ball reversed Kelce's fumble.

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2019, 08:39:50 pm »

Spider:  A defensive holding call is not insignificant, because it takes a receiver out of the play. 

Tenshot:  We watched the same game.  You just watch games with Patriots hater goggles.  You say the Patriots get away with holding after every game, like in the Super Bowl against the Falcons.  The replay CLEARLY showed that the ball did not make contact with either of Edelman's thumbs.  You are not alone.  For example, somebody after the Falcons Super Bowl, posted an article saying the Patriots got away with a facemask.  One problem:  The replay clearly shows the Falcons player grabbing the Patriots players facemask.  Or in the AFC title game against the Broncos when somebody said it was not clear if a backwards pass was backward, even though the replay clearly showed it was.

Stinkfish, that roughing the passer call was indeed bogus, but it would have been third down and seven for the Patriots.  They converted three third down and longs in their overtime drive, I think they would have converted that one too.

Ironically the missed call on the pick play may have hurt the Chiefs.  It may have forced them to score too quickly. 

In the past five seasons Tom Brady has had four multi-interception playoff games.  His teams are 3-1 in those games.   This is why I do not consider him the GOAT.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2019, 11:10:47 pm »

Spider:  A defensive holding call is not insignificant, because it takes a receiver out of the play.
The ball did not go to that receiver.

But I suppose your point is that a defender getting to line up on the offensive side of the ball doesn't matter?

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2019, 08:59:59 am »

I'll be watching. It would take something major to keep me away from the Super Bowl

Yep...exactly.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2019, 09:46:20 am »

The Patriots got several calls all in a row down the stretch.  The roughing call on Brady was awful.  But even the overturn of the muffed punt.  Do you think the Dolphins get that call OVERTURNED against the Patriots?  Not in a million years.

I drink your milkshake!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray