Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:09:00 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Super Bowl 53
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Print
Author Topic: Super Bowl 53  (Read 14498 times)
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2019, 10:24:59 am »

Superbowl should be KC vs NO, both teams got screwed.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2019, 10:27:51 am »

I saw a plan for them to play each other in NO for a Gumbo Bowl. I think it would be a huge hit although I'm pretty sure the NFL would never allow it. hahaha

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2019, 11:52:06 am »

Preach Brotha! I've been saying that to coworkers today. Can't get a patsies fan to see it that way. Everyone is going on about the obvious problem with the Rams winning, but gee, it's all crickets around here about the other gift win in the AFC contest.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2019, 02:22:46 pm »

Looking ahead to SB #54 - back in the somewhat glory years I used to get excited when the SB was scheduled for Miami, hoping perhaps that the Dolphins would have a home game for the SB.  Sadly, I don't see any chance of that happening next year unless Brady & Belicheat retire this February, and Miami miraculously drafts the QB of the future.
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2019, 02:46:47 pm »

Preach Brotha! I've been saying that to coworkers today. Can't get a patsies fan to see it that way. Everyone is going on about the obvious problem with the Rams winning, but gee, it's all crickets around here about the other gift win in the AFC contest.
There is absolutely no problem with the Rams winning. Yeah, they missed the call. However, they missed several calls against the Saints that would have benefited the Rams and could have indeed changed the course of the game. Just because the Saints had a missed call at the very end of regulation doesn't mean that they got robbed or should have won. Those other missed calls could have very easily gave the Rams enough points to render the last missed call moot. Bad calls and no calls happen every week, you have to play through them. Brees and the Saints had plenty of opportunities to win the game during regulation AND got the ball 1st in overtime. Then what happened? Brees chokes and throws one of his world famous interceptions. Just the Saints being the Saints and shitting the bed at the finish line. Just like last year when they played the Vikings. Or maybe the Saints last 2 playoff losses is some type of cosmic karma for Bountygate and what they did to Farve.

Anyhow, Saints fans know that Brees has almost reached his expiration date. And once he's gone, unless they hit lightning in a bottle at QB. They will revert into the Saints of old. Just like the Dolphins have been for 20 years.

BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2019, 03:00:03 pm »

Bob Sutton (Chiefs DC) has been given the boot.   Rex Ryan is the leading candidate for the new DC in KC

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2019, 03:30:25 pm »

Bob Sutton (Chiefs DC) has been given the boot.   Rex Ryan is the leading candidate for the new DC in KC
Guess we know who the Superbowl favorites for next year are.  He's great as a coordinator.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2019, 02:03:51 am »

This thread is going way off track. 

Dave:  Why do you think the Dolphins would not have gotten that call overturned against the Patriots?  The video CLEARLY shows the ball did not touch either of Edelman's thumbs.  The Patriots got one call in that game, and that was the roughing the passer call.  And that happened on second down.  Even if that was not called, the Patriots still likely score anyway. 

Tenshot:  Twice in this thread you have stated the Patriots got robbed, but have not stated how except for one roughing the passer call, which you misrepresented anyway.  I checked the play by play.  The Patriots never had an completion to Edelman that was overturned.  They had one to Hogan which was challenged and correctly allowed to stand.

Spider: Yes, the ball did not go to that receiver, but if he wasn't held it might have.  Dee Ford's play was just pure stupidity

It's one thing to hate a team, but you shouldn't let your hate get in the way of your objectivity.  Getting the calls means that the calls have to be incorrect.       

It was actually the Chiefs who got the calls the rest of the way:

1) No call next play on Gronkowski
2) No call on the pick play that set up the Watkins play.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2019, 06:08:55 am »

Just admit you're a Patriots fan and move on.

I'll answer Dave's question:  you're crazy if you think that was clear, calls don't get closer than that.  When calls are that close, refs don't overturn the call 10/10.

I stated KC got robbed, because they did.  Edelman or Hogan had a catch that should have been overturned to an incompletion ball was moving clearly when he hit the ground, but I'll admit it was close.  That wasn't as close as the muffed fumble, yet they overturned that one.  

It's one thing for you to love your team the Patriots, but you shouldn't let your love for them get in the way of your objectivity.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 09:21:04 am by Tenshot13 » Logged
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2019, 03:49:12 pm »

SB 53 trivia

Number of Superbowls Tom Brady has played in: 8
Number of Superbowls the entire roster of the Rams as played in : 5

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2019, 07:55:48 pm »

The Chiefs had the game won, but a stupid offsides penalty gave the trophy to NE.

It's one thing to hate a team, but you shouldn't let your hate get in the way of your objectivity.  Getting the calls means that the calls have to be incorrect.

OK, then:
https://twitter.com/MikeMedhurst/status/1087797403254706182

The offsides penalty was correct.  KC lost because they deserved to lose.

Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2019, 08:18:15 pm »

OK, then:
https://twitter.com/MikeMedhurst/status/1087797403254706182

The offsides penalty was correct.  KC lost because they deserved to lose.

Agreed.  Calls typically at least somewhat even out in the long run.  If we are going to talk about a game where the a ref's call literally changed the winner of a game, we would be talking about the Rams/Saints game.  Not the Patriots/Chiefs game.  And even in the Saints game, they played lousy in the second half and never should have put them in a position where a ref's call lost them the game.  In almost every game, for each bad referee call, you can find at least a dozen bad plays (dropped ball, stupid penalty, etc.) that affected the outcome of the game.  Blaming the ref is typically just a lazy way to find an excuse for losing a game.  Except in the Saints game.  Grin
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2019, 04:03:36 am »

Agreed.  Calls typically at least somewhat even out in the long run.  If we are going to talk about a game where the a ref's call literally changed the winner of a game, we would be talking about the Rams/Saints game.  Not the Patriots/Chiefs game.  And even in the Saints game, they played lousy in the second half and never should have put them in a position where a ref's call lost them the game.  In almost every game, for each bad referee call, you can find at least a dozen bad plays (dropped ball, stupid penalty, etc.) that affected the outcome of the game.  Blaming the ref is typically just a lazy way to find an excuse for losing a game.  Except in the Saints game.  Grin
Nope, even in the Saints game it's a lazy excuse.

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2019, 10:27:22 am »

Dave:  Why do you think the Dolphins would not have gotten that call overturned against the Patriots?  The video CLEARLY shows the ball did not touch either of Edelman's thumbs. 

I disagree wholeheartedly.  There is no indisputable video evidence to change that call.  You would have to have an angle that shows space between the football and thumb and there is none.

I mean...I think it probably touched his thumb, but I can't say definitively.  You have to go with the call on the field. 

And in my opinion, that kind of call is worse than the missed Saints call.  There, you have to make a judgment call in the moment with the angle you have.  Whereas with the Pats, you have as much time as you need AND you can always fall back on lack of evidence to not change a call.

There's no way the Dolphins get the benefit of the doubt on that kind of thing.

I drink your milkshake!
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2019, 12:49:46 pm »

This super bowl either the record for oldest head coach to win a super bowl or youngest head coach to win a super bowl will fall...

At 66 Bill Belichick can break Tom Caughlins record of 65.  Or at 33 McVay can break Tomlin’s record of 36. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray