Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:45:36 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Super Bowl 53
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Print
Author Topic: Super Bowl 53  (Read 14502 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #90 on: February 05, 2019, 05:27:48 pm »

keep reading......

"Note: If there is any question whether player contact is incidental, the ruling should be no interference.

Article 3. Permissible Acts by both teams while the ball is in the air

Acts that are permissible by a player include, but are not limited to:

Incidental contact by an opponent’s hands, arms, or body when both players are competing for the ball, or neither player is looking for the ball.

If there is any question whether contact is incidental, the ruling shall be no interference.

Being the defender looked back, it is not PI. 

Off sides can occur for both offense or defense.  Or they could have called it as false start. 

He clearly is not playing the ball or competing for the ball.  He is beaten on the play and is trying to hold back the receiver.

If this is legal coverage, I hope Brian Flores calls the Dolphins secondary together for a meeting:

"Gentlemen, if you are beaten on a play, just grab the receiver's arm and turn back."

Hit the pause button at 18 seconds. 

I did watch the Philly Special.  I didn't see a false start.  I do remember a formation controversy on that play, however, the receiver did check with the ref before the play started, which makes it legal.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #91 on: February 05, 2019, 05:42:16 pm »

Not going to continue wasting my time with you.  You want to believe that Brady's success is all luck.  And others failures like your own are all bad luck. And you will ignore what you can clearly see to continue keep that view. 

But the reality is while luck is a factor, success does not come from luck, it come make the best of your good luck and preserving thru bad luck.     

I am sure it is easier for you to sleep with the thought that others successes come from good luck, and your lack of success comes from bad luck.  I won't convince you otherwise, because that would require more than you understanding football, it would require you to alter you own life view.   

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #92 on: February 05, 2019, 06:02:12 pm »

Not going to continue wasting my time with you.  You want to believe that Brady's success is all luck.  And others failures like your own are all bad luck. And you will ignore what you can clearly see to continue keep that view.  

But the reality is while luck is a factor, success does not come from luck, it come make the best of your good luck and preserving thru bad luck.    

I am sure it is easier for you to sleep with the thought that others successes come from good luck, and your lack of success comes from bad luck.  I won't convince you otherwise, because that would require more than you understanding football, it would require you to alter you own life view.    

I am discussing officiating in the Super Bowl, which has nothing to do with Brady.  It also has nothing to do with my football success or failure.  I only played at the high school level, so I guess you could say I failed to make the pros, which was entirely due to my lack of ability.

My belief is that while the calls were bad 1) The Rams could easily have overcome them  2) The Patriots have been robbed at least four times in the Brady Era, so it is actually kind of nice to see it even out somewhat.

When the Patriots have been on the wrong end of calls, their fans often say, "Good teams can overcome them.".  They rarely blame the refs for Patriot losses.  This is commendable, but until recently, the Patriots had never gotten any calls in playoffs, so it was kind of unfair.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 08:36:48 pm by dolphins4life » Logged

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #93 on: February 06, 2019, 03:42:02 pm »

Random thought.....

Everyone knows BB's game plan is to take away your best player.  For the Rams offense that is Gurley.  So no doubt NE spend plenty of  time and effort developing a plan to stop Gurley.  And the bread and butter of the Ram's offense is play action. 

So....McVay says....."if their game plan is designed to take away Gurley and stop play action, I won't play Gurley or use play action..... they won't have a game plan to defend against us and have to wing it."

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #94 on: February 07, 2019, 05:53:56 pm »

Random thought.....

Everyone knows BB's game plan is to take away your best player.  For the Rams offense that is Gurley.  So no doubt NE spend plenty of  time and effort developing a plan to stop Gurley.  And the bread and butter of the Ram's offense is play action. 

So....McVay says....."if their game plan is designed to take away Gurley and stop play action, I won't play Gurley or use play action..... they won't have a game plan to defend against us and have to wing it."

LOL, you may just be right.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #95 on: February 11, 2019, 04:56:06 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZufziHTQ2k

I was watching this.  @16:00 you hear the ref tell a Rams player to "be smart I almost threw a flag don't throw him to the ground like that"

I have to say that there is exactly the type of play were fans need to step back and relax and not jump up and down and claim every call that doesn't go exactly their way some sort of vast conspiracy.   When the same player does the exact same thing, that same player now get a flag. 

You get fans on one side claiming both should have been flags, and on the other side claiming neither should have been a flag.  But what really happened is both were right on the boarder and the first time it happened the ref gave a warning and the second time a flag and that is actually a pretty fair way to handle it. 

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray