Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:52:38 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Leveon Bell wants to play for the Dolphins
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Leveon Bell wants to play for the Dolphins  (Read 2128 times)
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« on: January 24, 2019, 08:09:59 pm »

https://fansided.com/2019/01/24/leveon-bell-free-agency-rumors-miami-dolphins/

Cool, but will want too much money.
suck for luck
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2019, 09:13:02 pm »

Quick, check him for cte.

“The atmospheric conditions as well as the true equilibrium of the ball is critical to the measurement.” — Belichick
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2019, 09:56:29 pm »

No thanks. 
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2019, 09:47:26 am »

It would be pretty cool to have Kyler Murray, Leveon Bell, Wilson, Stills and Grant all on the same team, but unrealistic.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2019, 09:56:47 am »

If I were you guys, I'd go for Kareem Hunt.   He's younger than Bell, has more upside, and because of the DV situation, he will take a lot less money to get.   I'm actually hoping the same thing for my Bucs. 

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2019, 10:22:28 am »

^Kareem Hunt will be interesting.  His video wasn't Ray Rice bad, but still pretty bad.  Court of public opinion is going to rip him all next year.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2019, 10:39:41 am »

^Kareem Hunt will be interesting.  His video wasn't Ray Rice bad, but still pretty bad.  Court of public opinion is going to rip him all next year.

Word is, the NFL has completed their investigation and the news isn't all that bad.   He's looking at anywhere from a 3-6 game hiatus.  It really all depends on how he explains himself in front of the commish.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2019, 12:27:47 pm »

Hunt is a smart move, he is going to be relatively cheap for his potential due to the suspension.  And basically lets you start the season with 54 players.  Somebody is going to go on IR in the first 4 weeks.  Hunt takes his spot.  You get him in camp and preseason and as long as he stays in shape during the suspension you now have the freshest RB in the league. 

Hunt strikes me as one of those guys that can stay clean if he is in prove it mode, but if you sign him to a multi year deal he will find a way to fuck up.  So sign him to a 2 year prove it deal, then let him walk in FA, collect the 3rd round compensatory pick and let him get booted out of the league off his new team.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2019, 09:27:03 pm »

No.  Miami is set at RB.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2019, 08:55:33 am »

^are we? Drake and Ballage is good enough for you?
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2019, 02:46:34 pm »

I wouldn't mind having Gore back for another year if a deal can be made. I read a while back that he wants another year in Miami if it's feasible.

Seafort

Email
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2019, 02:07:07 pm »

NOOOOO!

I don't want any talented running back who's 26 or older on this team, at this point. Miami needs to lose 15 games next year, and Bell would:

1) Destroy salary cap flexibility
2) Help us win unnecessary games
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2019, 02:06:54 pm »

Yes they are.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2019, 02:20:12 pm »

I'm not saying Bell is the answer, but I don't think just Drake and Ballage are either...Drake is a playmaker, but lacks in the small things like blocking consistently.  Ballage didn't really show much, but he's still young.  I wouldn't mind bringing in someone to compete or drafting a 3rd RB late in the draft.
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2019, 07:09:14 am »

If I were you guys, I'd go for Kareem Hunt.   He's younger than Bell, has more upside, and because of the DV situation, he will take a lot less money to get.   I'm actually hoping the same thing for my Bucs. 

Kareem Hunt could be a really, really good get for most teams - depending on his legal situation. Regardless of how far they got, KC took a massive hit when they cut him, I would go so far to argue that was very possibly the difference between them making the Superbowl this year and falling one step short...

There would have to be close to 31 teams interested in his services next year if he gets his mess sorted out. I am not sure if there would be anything like that for Leveon Bell, his actions has pissed off way too many owners. Players too for that matter.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray