Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 02:04:48 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Harder for me to watch sports since Netflix
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Harder for me to watch sports since Netflix  (Read 2674 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« on: June 06, 2019, 12:09:11 pm »

I cut the cord.  I basically watch zero network TV.  Very, very occasionally I'll watch news or sports live, and when I do, I find it hard to stay interested.

I'm just not used to commercials.  ...and I'm not used to watching something in 8 minute increments with constant breaks.  I find myself switching to something else or browsing on my phone and losing interest. 

I wonder if sports/news will adapt.  I don't know that I can go back to the old model.

I drink your milkshake!
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2019, 01:17:01 pm »

Do what my friend does.   He records the games so he can fast forward through the commercials.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2019, 01:40:44 pm »

What will you do when football season is back?  I too cut the cord and hate commercials, but I play on my phone to pass the time.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2019, 01:44:07 pm »

I don't have recording anymore, so that's out.  I did that back in the day, but usually that only worked for a while, unless I wanted to start a game at half-time.

For football season, I very rarely watch anything by myself, so it's a party atmosphere with friends and food.  The commercials don't really matter, in that situation.

I drink your milkshake!
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2019, 01:48:48 pm »

I haven't watched much tv for years, but my wife got SLING a couple months ago and since I'm too stupid to figure it out and have too short of an attention span to take the time to figure it out, I have pretty stopped watching tv.   Oddly, it has had the unexpected benefit that I just stay a little longer at the gym every night and go to bed a little earlier.  So by essentially not watching tv, I get more sleep and a fuller workout every day.  Of course this will be an issue for me when football season starts.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2019, 02:08:35 pm »

I just deal with the commercials...usually by either flipping to an alternate program for a couple of minutes or by using that time to grab a beverage or snack, use the can, text someone I was "just thinking about...," etc.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2019, 02:14:12 pm »

I have Sling, it's pretty easy.  I'm usually streaming something online, Netflix or Amazon Prime Video though.
Cathal
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2019, 09:22:47 am »

I cut the cord as well, probably close to a year ago. I just find a stream for whatever game I want to watch and put it on my computer or on the TV.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2019, 12:30:45 pm »

Hypothetically, if I couldn't watch a football game I wanted, and if I were to google "NFL/CFB Streams Reddit", I would probably be happy.  Hint...Hint...
« Last Edit: June 07, 2019, 12:35:34 pm by Tenshot13 » Logged
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2019, 12:34:04 pm »

I watch most of my sports at the bar. There is little hope of the format changing. A lot of sports have natural breks in the flow.  Tv and advertisers are going to make use of that.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2019, 01:37:26 pm »

I watch most of my sports at the bar. There is little hope of the format changing. A lot of sports have natural breks in the flow.  Tv and advertisers are going to make use of that.

Same here.  Living in Texas, we get nothing but the rare nationally televised game if I want to see the Dolphins.  So most weeks I go to a bar and watch them.  They certainly aren't good enough to warrant my selling a kidney to pay for the Sunday Ticket every year. 
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray