Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:27:00 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Any NBA Fans?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Any NBA Fans?  (Read 6268 times)
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« on: February 02, 2019, 10:07:14 am »

Are there any other NBA fans on this board, particularly Lakers fans? I don’t like what I’m reading about how much the Lakers are wiling to give up for Davis before the trade deadline. I don’t think the Lakers should do anything right now. Honestly, finish the season with the team that you have and then sign whatever big time free agent wants to sign with them. That way you keep your nucleus and add a big star to it.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2019, 10:28:45 am »

I don’t really pay attention much to the NBA, beyond if the Celtics are in the finals. 

For me

Football NFL
Basketball College

But a Celtics Lakers final plus a Bruins Kings would be cool.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2019, 02:50:38 pm »

I like the HEAT.  I watch occasionally.  They are mid grade with little consistency.  They aren’t a doormat but can’t hang with the big dogs.   ...probably going to make playoffs and exit early.

I drink your milkshake!
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2019, 01:32:16 pm »

I am a Lakers fan but I pay a lot less attention now. I haven't read up on it because I don't really expect it to happen.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2019, 03:09:57 pm »

Are there any other NBA fans on this board, particularly Lakers fans? I don’t like what I’m reading about how much the Lakers are wiling to give up for Davis before the trade deadline. I don’t think the Lakers should do anything right now. Honestly, finish the season with the team that you have and then sign whatever big time free agent wants to sign with them. That way you keep your nucleus and add a big star to it.

I'm a Celtics fan, and as much as I'd love the Celtics to get Davis, I would be alright with the Lakers trading away all their young talent for Davis.
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2019, 05:40:46 pm »

^ Hush your mouth. Wink I can’t believe how much the Lakers are willing to give up for Davis. Is he really that good? Kuzma, in my opinion, is non negotiable.

Bibamus, moriendum est

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2019, 05:52:58 pm »

^ Hush your mouth. Wink I can’t believe how much the Lakers are willing to give up for Davis. Is he really that good? Kuzma, in my opinion, is non negotiable.

Yeah it's crazy how much they were willing to give up, if it's true.  I could see getting rid of Lonzo, and another player or two, but all of their young talent is crazy.
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2019, 06:08:17 pm »

I don’t think the Lakers need to do anything. Maybe sign Carmelo just to have a body. Some veteran to come off the bench? But just wait until free agency.

Bibamus, moriendum est

stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2019, 09:27:56 pm »

Lakers get the 4th pick in the draft lottery. Let’s Go!

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2019, 10:22:05 am »

My beloved Suns got hosed...bumped all the way down to #6.

I am completely unamused.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2019, 11:39:32 am »

Milwaukee prevented Boston from the chance to be the first city to win all 4 championships in a single season. But the Bruins are 5 wins from making Boston the first city to get 3 in a single season.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2019, 12:32:09 pm »

My beloved Suns got hosed...bumped all the way down to #6.

I am completely unamused.

Have the Suns been relevant since Barkely's playing days?  Roll Eyes
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2019, 12:40:56 pm »

Milwaukee prevented Boston from the chance to be the first city to win all 4 championships in a single season. But the Bruins are 5 wins from making Boston the first city to get 3 in a single season.

I don't think it was Milwaukee that prevented the Celtics, it was Kyrie Irving.  Good riddance to him, hope he enjoys playing for Dolan.

I'd love to see the Celtics acquire Durant; or trade two or three of their first round picks to get Zion.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2019, 12:44:52 pm »

This year is just another example of how the NBA draft lottery is rigged.  NO, which is losing Bigger Baby Davis who demanded a trade, miraculously acquired the first pick, though they only had a 65 chance of doing so.  It's almost as bad as horse harness racing at the end of the season in the north; if a certain farm hasn't won much money all season the other jockeys let a long shot horse from that farm win a race so they have feed money for the winter.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2019, 01:39:09 pm »

the draft lottery isn't rigged .. new orleans is the 2nd smallest market in the NBA .. they aren't rigging shit for that town... if it was rigged, you'd see NY with the #1 pick .. and they'd hype hype hype the crap out of it forever.

you wanna see rigging .. check out this study:
http://pricetheory.uchicago.edu/levitt/Papers/DugganLevitt2002.pdf

they basically found that in sumo wrestling, if a fighter in the last match was 7-7 he won a disproportionate amount of the time, and 95% of the next match those two fighters fought (in the next tournament) they one that needed the win would lose in the 2nd match
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray