Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:44:10 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Super Bowl live blog
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Super Bowl live blog  (Read 6053 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: February 03, 2019, 02:37:58 pm »

I will be at work for most of the game.

I will say I don't hold out much hope for the Rams, which sucks because I will have to listen to all the Patriots fans in my area, and this ridiculous allegation that Brady is the GOAT.   

I hope nobody has BCS about this game.  Patriots fans did last year against the Eagles. (Both of those touchdown calls were correct).  People on this board did two years ago against the Falcons.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2019, 04:26:41 pm »

ridiculous allegation that Brady is the GOAT.   

Patriots doesn’t need to win this game for Brady to be the greatest of all time.  Brady could throw 7 interceptions and he will still be the greatest QB ever.  He has literally two hall of fame careers.  Before he was injured in 2008 he was already a 1st ballot hall of famer.  And if you just take what he has done since 2009, he is in the HOF. 

Debate is over, NE can lose 83 to nothing and Brady is still the greatest QB of all time and Belichick is still the greatest coach of all time. 

Could someone surpass them someday?  Possible, but unlikely it is a pretty high hurdle.  But then again I didn’t think anyone could ever challenge Micheel Jordon for GOAT until LeBron mounted a challenge.  But if McVay out coaches BB in this game BB is still the GOAT.  But in 20 years —- maybe someone will have done more.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2019, 05:25:28 pm »

Patriots doesn’t need to win this game for Brady to be the greatest of all time.  Brady could throw 7 interceptions and he will still be the greatest QB ever.  He has literally two hall of fame careers.  Before he was injured in 2008 he was already a 1st ballot hall of famer.  And if you just take what he has done since 2009, he is in the HOF.  

Debate is over, NE can lose 83 to nothing and Brady is still the greatest QB of all time and Belichick is still the greatest coach of all time.  

Could someone surpass them someday?  Possible, but unlikely it is a pretty high hurdle.  But then again I didn’t think anyone could ever challenge Micheel Jordon for GOAT until LeBron mounted a challenge.  But if McVay out coaches BB in this game BB is still the GOAT.  But in 20 years —- maybe someone will have done more.

Brady is the the luckiest quarterback of all time.  That is different from the greatest.  Maybe someday somebody will be luckier than he is, but that seems unlikely.  I have watched all his playoff games.  I can go into details, but of course, if you do that on this board, nobody listens.

BB is even luckier.  Don't forget he cost the Patriots the Super Bowl last year.  He has made so many bad decisions but because he opponents decided to be even stupider he has not had to pay for them.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 05:28:06 pm by dolphins4life » Logged

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2019, 05:46:36 pm »

Brady is the the luckiest quarterback of all time.  That is different from the greatest.  Maybe someday somebody will be luckier than he is, but that seems unlikely.  I have watched all his playoff games.  I can go into details, but of course, if you do that on this board, nobody listens.

BB is even luckier.  Don't forget he cost the Patriots the Super Bowl last year.  He has made so many bad decisions but because he opponents decided to be even stupider he has not had to pay for them.

For every bit of luck, I can find an example of Brady being unlucky.

The single luckiest play in the history of the NFL cost the Patriots and Brady an undefeated season.  (or are you going to claim luck was not involved in the helmet catch)

The philadelphia special only worked because the refs missed an offsides. 

I can go on.....but  I am not a big fan of this type of whinnying and blaming outcome on luck or refs, which is why I rarely post it even when the Patriots are on the losing side of it.  I would rather just say the Giants were the better team on that day, then say they were lucky.  But if you are going to attribute all his success to luck, then attribute his very few failures to that as well.

Brady has had moments of good luck and bad luck. You can win one or two games on luck.  But luck has a tendency to even itself out.  Sustained success is not the product of luck.

Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2019, 06:05:50 pm »

Peyton Manning & John Malkovic in the kick off show opening... bizarre and kinda hilarious!
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2019, 06:34:26 pm »

Patriots doesn’t need to win this game for Brady to be the greatest of all time.  Brady could throw 7 interceptions and he will still be the greatest QB ever.  He has literally two hall of fame careers.  Before he was injured in 2008 he was already a 1st ballot hall of famer.  And if you just take what he has done since 2009, he is in the HOF. 

Could someone surpass them someday?  Possible, but unlikely it is a pretty high hurdle.  But then again I didn’t think anyone could ever challenge Micheel Jordon for GOAT until LeBron mounted a challenge.  But if McVay out coaches BB in this game BB is still the GOAT.  But in 20 years —- maybe someone will have done more.

I agree with you that a loss today will not affect Brady & BB's legacy, they are definitely first ballot HOFers, no question greatest of their era and GOAT contenders, however....

Without trying to sound like a broken record, there is absolutely no way you can compare QBs of different eras. The games were different, the rules were different - no question I put Brady way ahead of Manning, Brees, Rothleisberger, etc who played basically under the same rules that protect QBs and receivers. What guys like Staubach, Fouts, Montana, Elway, Marino, Kelly, Young & Aikman had to deal with was vastly different, QBs were brutalized and receivers were cannon fodder, even in the 80s & 90s when the Mel Blount rule was in effect receivers were still made to pay a massive price within a heartbeat of touching the ball. Head hunting was not only legal, it was encouraged.
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2019, 06:37:36 pm »

Wow, Pats start off as I said running up the gut, the Brady throws a pick! Go Rams!
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2019, 06:39:12 pm »

Pats fans a lot louder than the Rams fans - no surprise there.
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2019, 06:50:01 pm »

Refs getting involved in the game early for the Pats... helmet to helmet contact on what was basically a clean tackle for a loss.

What the hell could the defender do when the receiver ducked into the tackle? Really bad call there.  Sad
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2019, 06:54:33 pm »

Pats have already burned two timeouts just on this drive. They got to get a TD from this to make it worthwhile...
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2019, 06:56:35 pm »

Pats have already burned two timeouts just on this drive. They got to get a TD from this to make it worthwhile...

Missed FG. Wow!  Shocked
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2019, 07:01:10 pm »

Missed FG. Wow!  Shocked

My reaction was damn!  BTW what time is it in Australia?

Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2019, 07:04:48 pm »

10.34am here right now.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2019, 07:08:12 pm »

10.34am here right now.

Football and breakfast.  Your prediction of low scoring game is going well. 

Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2019, 07:16:03 pm »

Football and breakfast.  Your prediction of low scoring game is going well. 

I think it will open up in the 2nd half.

At the moment Brady is having trouble picking when the Rams are in man coverage or zone, they are hiding it well and they are getting pressure.

But I don't think Talib is fit, he is playing very soft on the snap and seems slow in changing direction. As good as he is, I expect him to be targeted in the second half for a big gain, especially if he is in man coverage on Gronk or Edelman.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray