Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 08:04:06 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Brian Flores and a New Beginning
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Brian Flores and a New Beginning  (Read 4161 times)
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« on: February 04, 2019, 07:53:32 am »

Finally now that Super Bowl LIII is over, Brian Flores can be brought in and announced as the Miami Dolphins 13th Head Coach

Seeing what he his defensive unit has done for the last 3 weeks of the playoffs & SB has been encouraging and exciting to think he may be bringing this philosophy to the Dolphins, shutting down the LA Rams (2nd ranked Off), stifling the Chiefs (1st ranked Off) for the 1st half and blasting the LA Chargers (11th ranked Off)

Overall, NE was 5th in the league in total Defense, though their pts given up per game was high (27), their defense was pretty stout in the Redzone.

I'm excited more so than I have ever been since probably Jimmy Johnson was hired (though I was wrong about him, but that's another story & for another thread)

It looks like the front office has finally (FINALLY!!!) realized that putting band-aid upon band-aid on a mortal wound isn't working and they've decided to put the patient in a self-induced coma and take their time getting what they need to perform the surgery correctly and bring the patient along slowly and back to health in due time

Yes, there will be struggles early on, growing pains, and things will look bad at times, but I think getting the right personnel and getting young talent excited to play the game and do what they've been coached to do, will pay dividends in a 2-3 years.

This course has been needed for the last decade, but bringing in aging Vets and high-priced players has not paid off and actually made things worse.

I can't wait for the 2019 NFL draft and the culture they want to instill in this team, everyone from the GM down to the asst. coaches and HC Flores.

Hopefully this will be the turning point all Dolphins fans have been waiting for

Let's Go Phins!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://twitter.com/flasportsbuzz/status/1092272116290985984
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 01:45:11 pm by hordman » Logged

I'd rather be lucky than good.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2019, 10:00:15 am »

4 pm.  I guess he won’t be at tomorrow’s parade.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2019, 11:30:02 am »

Defensive minded is a nice change for us, although we all should understand that we are just trying to develop young talent this year, no big signings. So, I'm fine with 3-13. Hell, I prefer 1-15.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2019, 11:36:06 am »

I'll believe it when I see it. Seems there's a lot of brilliant coaches when they coach under Belichick. Not so much when they leave and get out on their own.

As far as the philosophy people act like the Dolphins haven't drafted anyone in 10 years and have been doing nothing but signing FA's. Yeah right. I don't think it's been the draft picks as much as it has been a failure to get them to produce. That's partly on the players and partly on the coaching staff. I love how everyone is seeing this as a huge win for the Dolphins. Let's see how they feel in a couple years. I would love for it to work out but I don't hold out much hope.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 01:59:06 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2019, 11:54:07 am »

I'll believe it when I see it. Seems there's a lot of brilliant coaches when they coach under Belichick. Not so much when they leave and get out on their own.

Very true.  From what I understand is BB often likes to take the play calling duties away from his coordinators and call the the plays himself.  But with Flores, BB let Flores call the shots. 

There is a difference between Patrica implementing BB's plan and BB trust Flores to do it on his own. 

No guarantee things will be different.  Actually my biggest reservation about Flores development is he  has only served under one HC, I think you need a range of experiences. 

I would say the *KEY* to Flores success is if he is able to draw on Cadwell's experience as effectively as McVay has with Philips.   

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2019, 01:03:34 pm »

The more I hear about him the more I'm excited about Flores. He will bring a level of discipline and respect this team hasn't seen in a while. The turnaround he made with the NE defense this year was what you look for in a coach. He is a leader no doubt.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2019, 03:15:01 pm »

Formally hired Flores...

https://twitter.com/AdamHBeasley/status/1092512773576318976

Getting hyped

pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2019, 05:36:14 pm »

Not very impressed by his press conference. Bumbling, studdering, deer in the headlights. Hopefully things workout better than the last few. I won't hold my breath though...

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2019, 05:40:55 pm »

Not very impressed by his press conference. Bumbling, studdering, deer in the headlights. Hopefully things workout better than the last few. I won't hold my breath though...

Guy has probably had 2 hours of sleep in the last 36 hours. 

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2019, 05:51:12 pm »

+1

I thought he did well, lots of "um"'s, hopefully he is the answer to our woes.
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2019, 05:57:27 pm »

In my opinion, he looks in over his head. I think after the past 20 years of shitty play in Miami, I'll let him prove himself before I buy in. There's really no other way to look at it as far as I'm concerned.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2019, 06:21:28 pm »

I don't mind you stealing our linebackers coach and our wide receivers coach but did you have to steal our assistant QB coach as well.   Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2019, 06:52:18 pm »

Looking forward to the next Romeo Crennel/Charlie Weis/Josh McDaniels/Bill O'Brien/Matt Patricia from the illustrious Bill Belichick coaching tree.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2019, 07:13:21 pm »

Looking forward to the next Romeo Crennel/Charlie Weis/Josh McDaniels/Bill O'Brien/Matt Patricia from the illustrious Bill Belichick coaching tree.

You forgot Eric Mangini

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2019, 10:54:54 pm »

that guy too

I think we will find out very quickly whether Flores is any good, pretty much before the season starts.  If he treats players like disposable baby wipes, immediately ships out MIA's best talent, and regards the media as poisonous vipers who should be dealt with only when necessary, he will be a complete failure (like everyone else from the House of Belichick).
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 10:57:12 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray