Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 01:39:11 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  How do you feel about Brady retiring?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: How do you feel about Brady retiring?  (Read 2463 times)
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2019, 04:35:32 pm »

You claim the Rams were never in it.  They weren’t out of it until very late in the 4th.
And yet they never really moved the ball either so they really never looked to be in the game either. The feeling I got was that even if the Rams would have scored, the Patriots would have done whatever was needed to take the lead again.

Part of what allowed TB not lose focus win IN Atlanta, came from the experience of having won over Atlanta 2 years earlier. Tannihill doesn’t have that experience and would have likely looked as lost as Goff.
That was a couple years ago. Sure with Tannehill they end up losing that game, but I don't see that as being the same thing as this year's game, not by a long shot.

I don’t think Tannihill has the poise to not get desperate after throwing an interception in the opening drive of the SB.  
Wouldn't have mattered. It's not like TB led them to scores on the next 3 drives or something. Basically New England's defense did such a job on the Rams, TB didn't have to do much other than hand the ball off and hit Edelman and Gronk a couple of times to keep the drives going. Maybe Tannehill doesn't do that and maybe he does. It didn't require much. I'm in no way saying that Tannehill is as good a QB as Brady, I'm saying the difference between Brady and Tannehill this year wasn't that big especially early on in the year. Tannehill looked a little lost only after both Jakeem Grant and Albert Wilson were lost for the year and he essentially had 1 WR in Kenny Stills, but before that he was having arguably his best year as a QB. DeVante Parker is a waste of space and Amendola had clearly lost a step and not the WR he was in his prime with New England.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 04:50:00 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray