Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:15:10 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Good guy with a gun...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Good guy with a gun...  (Read 1429 times)
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« on: February 06, 2019, 03:43:48 pm »

... gets shot and killed by police with no repercussions.

The fatal police shooting of an armed Alabama man after he was mistaken for a mall shooter in November was “justified and not criminal,” authorities said Tuesday.

Alabama Attorney General Steve Marshall decided that the Hoover, Alabama, officer who fatally shot 21-year-old Emantic “EJ” F. Bradford Jr. will not be criminally charged in the Thanksgiving night shooting.

The officer, who was not identified, mistakenly targeted Bradford after he was seen running toward one of the shooting victims while holding a handgun.
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/no-charges-in-emantic-bradford-death_us_5c5ae4a5e4b09293b20a3512
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2019, 03:58:27 pm »

HuffPo is garbage left-propaganda.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2019, 03:59:23 pm »

Good white guy with a gun.....black man with a gun is automatically a danger. I am sure the NRA will be just as outraged about this injustice as they were about Philando Castile.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2019, 05:21:10 pm »

the FBI also reviewed the case and, from his understanding, found no evidence to initiate a case against the officer for civil rights violations.

And then there's that. But then again I guess we could let the lefty lynch mob @ TDMMC determine the outcome. Yeah, that sounds like a fabulous idea. I feel all warm and fuzzy now.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2019, 07:08:07 pm »

Good white guy with a gun.....black man with a gun is automatically a danger. I am sure the NRA will be just as outraged about this injustice as they were about Philando Castile.

My BIL and SIL live in Birmingham and told me over Christmas this wasn't going to go anywhere. They are part of a motorcycle club that has police, fire etc.  The "veteran" , who did not even complete basic training, brandished a weapon and was running through the mall. He didn't stop when confronted. Since it was an active shooter situation the officer followed procedure and took him out. The situation sucks but the officer did as he was taught. The guy running with his weapon out and refusing to stop when ordered makes this a very unfortunate, but legal, act. I don't know what the shoe argument was about but I know it wasn't worth it.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2019, 10:21:07 pm »

i'm not blaming the cop at all, i think the whole concept of a "good guy with a gun" is what the problem is .. if you're running around with a gun don't be surprised if the cops end up shooting you on accident.
Cathal
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2019, 09:46:07 am »

i'm not blaming the cop at all, i think the whole concept of a "good guy with a gun" is what the problem is .. if you're running around with a gun don't be surprised if the cops end up shooting you on accident.

Yeah, even if you're wearing a security uniform and everyone around you is yelling at the other cops that he is security and he stopped the criminal, you should still expect to be shot by arriving cops.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2019, 12:13:45 pm »

Under most conditions ...  having a gun will not get you shot. Failure to comply with officers while having said gun just might. This country has developed a huge problem in complying with officers and it only endangers both the officer and us citizens.

One of my daughter's was recently "mistakenly" arrested at work. She had no idea in hell what was going on and yet she complied as we have taught them. She broke down but did everything told to her.  Charges were quickly dropped and now we move on. Outside of her being terrorized for a few hours she survived. The whole situation really sucked but could have been much worse if she fought to prove her innocence at that moment. Not the time or place. 

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2019, 04:07:59 pm »

armed while black

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray