Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:13:20 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Are you ready for some football?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Print
Author Topic: Are you ready for some football?  (Read 17539 times)
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« on: February 07, 2019, 10:52:34 am »

AAF launches this weekend.  Anyone planning on watching?  Thoughs.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2019, 10:57:06 am »

Yes, I hope it's good.  Probably not, but I can hope.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2019, 10:58:43 am »

The old Ball Coach is coaching here in Orlando ... they are playing at UCF.  We are thinking bout going out to watch but haven't committed.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2019, 11:04:57 am »

At this point, I'm too busy doing player valuations for the NFL Draft to pay much attention to the AAF. Once (if) they start pipelining players to the NFL...that's when I'll probably start watching.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2019, 06:10:54 pm »

The old Ball Coach is coaching here in Orlando ... they are playing at UCF.  We are thinking bout going out to watch but haven't committed.

I'm going.   I've got my tickets.    I'll be able to say that I went to their inaugural game.  

I'm glad that for once, football season is not over

At this point, I'm too busy doing player valuations for the NFL Draft to pay much attention to the AAF. Once (if) they start pipelining players to the NFL...that's when I'll probably start watching.

Looking at the Apollos roster, I see a lot of former UF and FSU players that didn't make the NFL.   I'm guessing this league will be for the never weres and never will bes

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2019, 08:49:02 am »

I'm going.   I've got my tickets.    I'll be able to say that I went to their inaugural game.  

I'm glad that for once, football season is not over

Looking at the Apollos roster, I see a lot of former UF and FSU players that didn't make the NFL.   I'm guessing this league will be for the never weres and never will bes
Tickets are expensive! They certainly think they are professional football. hahaha

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2019, 11:51:39 am »

Tickets are expensive! They certainly think they are professional football. hahaha

$30 per seat.  High level at the 30 yard line.   $10 for a parking pass.   That's way below Bucs/Dolphins games.    My pastor and I are going (he's a diehard Seahawks fan from Whitby Island, WA).  

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2019, 01:46:29 pm »

$30 per seat.  High level at the 30 yard line.   $10 for a parking pass.   That's way below Bucs/Dolphins games.    My pastor and I are going (he's a diehard Seahawks fan from Whitby Island, WA).  
Sideline seats are going for over $200 and barely sideline for $100. That's crazy for this kind of football.

BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2019, 02:22:44 pm »

Sideline seats are going for over $200 and barely sideline for $100. That's crazy for this kind of football.

You must be referring to the lower level then.   I did see those prices on the lower level

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2019, 02:29:44 pm »

You must be referring to the lower level then.   I did see those prices on the lower level
Exactly. I pay $120 for lower level Dolphin tickets so that's what I was comparing. While the Dolphins may just be an average NFL team they are 100 times better than that product will be.

BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2019, 03:44:19 pm »

Exactly. I pay $120 for lower level Dolphin tickets so that's what I was comparing. While the Dolphins may just be an average NFL team they are 100 times better than that product will be.

True, but technically this is professional football.    Like minor league baseball is professional baseball.   These guys are getting paid somewhere in the neighborhood of $200k a year.   

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2019, 03:48:26 pm »

True, but technically this is professional football.    Like minor league baseball is professional baseball.   These guys are getting paid somewhere in the neighborhood of $200k a year.   
That's for a three year contract from what I read. They are between 70 -100k a season.

BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2019, 05:26:53 pm »

That's for a three year contract from what I read. They are between 70 -100k a season.

Not exactly NFL money but way better than bagging groceries or flipping burgers.   

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2019, 07:27:22 pm »

Not exactly NFL money but way better than bagging groceries or flipping burgers.   
Hopefully their college education gets them more than that .. hahaha

BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2019, 07:59:04 pm »

Hopefully their college education gets them more than that .. hahaha

A lot of the guys on the Apollos roster went pro early and either didn't get drafted or got drafted late and didn't survive NFL camps. 

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray