Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 15, 2019, 01:42:49 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Are you ready for some football?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Are you ready for some football?  (Read 276 times)
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2019, 10:05:35 pm »

they do that in rugby replays, you hear the refs discuss with the VAR,
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2019, 10:14:34 pm »

The AAF championship is April  27th. I don't see the NFL throwing any guaranteed money because they will be done in plenty of time to go to camp.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2019, 10:44:19 am »

The AAF championship is April  27th. I don't see the NFL throwing any guaranteed money because they will be done in plenty of time to go to camp.

That is true.  But lets say after 6 weeks you know you want player X.  You know two other teams are looking at him as well.  Rather than wait and risk them offering him something first you spend 50k to get him now.

I am not thinking this is going to happen to dozens of players, but a handful of players could have such a breakout season that people scratch their heads and say, why is he in the AAF and not the NFL. 

I doubt their is a wide receiver of Randy Moss caliber in the AAF, but their might be one of the Wes Welker/Julian Edelman level. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2019, 12:10:26 pm »

I'm going to try and catch some of the games this weekend. I hope I like it, and am not too disappointed with the play. I think I'd be more excited about this if I had a local team. I think the closest team to Boston is in Memphis? Maybe I'll be an Orlando fan. I like Steve Spurrier.  I hate to say it, and I'm embarrassed to, but I think my AAF team ofchoice may come down to what team's uniforms I like best. I have no idea. But saying go Iron, or yay hotshots doesn't quite feel right.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2019, 06:15:56 pm »

That's the weekend of the NFL Draft.  Teams could then sign AAF players along with the UDFAs. 

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2019, 06:44:07 pm »

That's the weekend of the NFL Draft.  Teams could then sign AAF players along with the UDFAs. 
AAF players are under 3 year contracts. I'm not sure what the contracts actually say but it may not allow for them to move to another league without some sort of buyout. The heads that put this league together are very NFL experienced so I can't see them screwing themselves from the get go. .

Itís hard to win an argument with a smart person, but itís damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person - Bill Murray
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2019, 06:53:37 pm »

AAF players are under 3 year contracts. I'm not sure what the contracts actually say but it may not allow for them to move to another league without some sort of buyout. The heads that put this league together are very NFL experienced so I can't see them screwing themselves from the get go. .

They are branding themselves as a development league.  If the do anything to inhibit players going to the NFL they will have trouble attracting players.  These guys primary goal is to get noticed by an NFL team.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2019, 07:37:14 pm »

They have three year contracts, but if they get an offer from an NFL team, they are allowed to break the contract. 

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2019, 09:53:06 pm »

They have three year contracts, but if they get an offer from an NFL team, they are allowed to break the contract. 
Yes ... I read that after I made that post. Their goal is to work with the NFL so it makes sense.

Players can leave the league, which is set to kick off Feb. 9, to go to the NFL. Polian said it's currently unclear whether a player's rights will revert back to the AAF after a three-year period expires or if the clock stops ticking on a team's three-year rights when a player gets "called up" to the big time.

Salaries will be in line with AAF competitor the XFL, which has said it will pay players an average of $75,000 per season. That league launches in 2020.

Polian said a contract will include state-of-the-industry health insurance

Itís hard to win an argument with a smart person, but itís damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person - Bill Murray
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray