Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 08:59:31 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Kyler Murray for QB?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: Kyler Murray for QB?  (Read 8687 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2019, 11:01:11 am »

Absolutely not. Miami honestly needs to devote as many draft resources as possible to getting more offensive linemen (or perhaps a top rookie wide receiver if available). The focus in 2019 is not about winning.

It's about losing while simultaneously beginning to build a core of support for the quarterback that they should draft in 2020. Or even 2021.
That's the story coming out of Dolphin land but it doesn't sell papers. Interesting to see if they stick to that script.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2019, 12:50:08 pm »

I want Sunshine for the next QB
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2019, 09:10:44 am »

I'm a little too old to help this team, though if they need a designated nachos-eater, I'm up for the challenge.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2019, 09:29:56 am »

I'm a little too old to help this team, though if they need a designated nachos-eater, I'm up for the challenge.

Sunshine not Sunstroke.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2019, 11:18:01 am »

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1101127892346568711?s=21

Oklahoma QB Kyler Murray measures in at 5-foot-10.1, 207 pounds.--Adam Schefter

1/2 an inch shorter and three pounds heavier than Russell Wilson when he was drafted.

Here's another article about it:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2019-nfl-combine-kyler-murray-surprises-with-height-weight-and-hand-size-reportedly-wont-throw/

Draft him, put it all on double zero!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 11:25:15 am by Tenshot13 » Logged
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2019, 11:24:31 am »

4/8 .. isn't that one half ?
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2019, 11:25:01 am »

Fixed, I'm typing fast, give me a break!  lol
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2019, 02:31:44 pm »

Well you can forget about the Dolphins drafting Murray at 13 now. He won't make it that far. Dolphins would have to move up to get him. Maybe the Dolphins should think about trading their pick(s) for Josh Rosen?

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2019, 02:35:21 pm »

I wouldn't want them to move up for him, only if he drops to them.  I'll pass on Rosen.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2019, 02:37:02 pm »

I wouldn't want them to move up for him, only if he drops to them.  I'll pass on Rosen.
If I could get Rosen for the 13th pick and maybe a late round pick or something, I'd do it in a heartbeat. He's a better prospect then Murray in my humble opinion, just didn't have much to work with last year and his stock is low right now. Buy low. Might have your franchise QB right there.

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2019, 02:58:13 pm »

I read on Reddit that the Patriots are thinking about acquiring Rosen from the Cardinals now. Beat them to the punch.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2019, 03:09:34 pm »

I read on Reddit that the Patriots are thinking about acquiring Rosen from the Cardinals now. Beat them to the punch.

Would not be hard for Dollphins to out bid the Patriots.  13 vs 32.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2019, 07:04:13 pm »

The Dolphins don't want Rosen. He's the one QB they didn't bring in for a visit.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2019, 07:25:36 pm »

The Dolphins don't want Rosen. He's the one QB they didn't bring in for a visit.

So the head coach of the Jets doesn’t like Rosen.  Flores and O’Shea read a different scouting report.  And Patriots are discussing trade for him.  So obviously the scouting report they read is quite favorable.

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2019, 11:30:23 am »

So the head coach of the Jets doesn’t like Rosen.  Flores and O’Shea read a different scouting report.  And Patriots are discussing trade for him.  So obviously the scouting report they read is quite favorable.
In addition to what Hoodie said, that can be a smoke screen. Sometimes you don't bring in a guy because you're already convinced and don't need to see anything more and don't want anyone else to know you are interested or perhaps don't believe he'll be available when you draft. Everything I read prior to him being drafted was favorable and I've read that if Rosen were drafted this year rather than last year, he'd be the top rated QB. The only thing working against Rosen is a a below average year for a rookie QB on a bad team. Didn't hurt Troy Aikman or Drew Brees to get off to a bad start. Now I'm not saying that Rosen will turn into one of those guys, I'm just saying that he might be easier to obtain then the top QB's in this years draft because his stock is low right now and the Dolphins are looking for a QB but don't want to overpay. The circumstances match up favorably. Doesn't mean it will pay off, but I say it's worth the risk.

As an aside, I personally don't think the Cardinals are going to trade Rosen nor do I think they are gonna pick Murray with the 1st pick because I'd rather have Rosen then Murray, but that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 11:55:12 am by Pappy13 » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray