Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:25:53 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Kyler Murray for QB?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Kyler Murray for QB?  (Read 8470 times)
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2019, 12:43:05 pm »

I am not risking a first on him because of his size and risk he won’t sign.

I am not risking a second because I will be offering him half as much money as the As, (due to rookie cap) so while I am risking only a second the chances the pick is a waste is higher than it was in round 1.

In the third thru six, it is almost guaranteed he will play baseball so I draft someone who can actually help my team.

If he is still hanging around in the 7th (or maybe late 6) I roll the dice on the chance he was serious about football, because if he isn’t it didn’t cost me much.  And maybe in 1 or 2 years he can replace the starter or if not he can go play baseball. 

I think that is a very logical approach.  I don't think there is any way he lasts through the 2nd round, but I think I would approach him the same way you outlined. 
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2019, 02:37:31 pm »

I think that is a very logical approach.  I don't think there is any way he lasts through the 2nd round, but I think I would approach him the same way you outlined. 
What does logic have to do with the NFL draft?  Evil

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2019, 03:39:19 pm »

Exhibit A:  Tim Tebow being drafted in the first round.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2019, 03:47:12 pm »

I don't think we need to worry about the Dolphins drafting him, unless they want to move up the draft order to get him.  The Jags or Giants will draft him if he shows up to draft day wanting to play in the NFL.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2019, 04:23:32 pm »

Exhibit A:  Tim Tebow being drafted in the first round.

You just proved what happens when logic goes out the window

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2019, 05:44:34 pm »

Folks think he is gonna be a fin https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/02/12/betting-odds-have-dolphins-as-the-favorites-to-draft-kyler-murray/

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2019, 09:01:46 pm »

Probably the same people that had Baker Mayfield going to the Dolphins last year.  I don't see Miami trading up to get him, and he will be gone before Miami picks.

Other rumor is that the Cardinals trade Rosen to the Patriots, and draft Murray.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2019, 10:12:29 am »

I wouldn't believe a single thing that any football organization says between now and the draft.  It is officially smokescreen and diversion season. 
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2019, 12:20:34 pm »

I hate that I keep seeing that "experts" are picking him

Would love to know the percentage that folks like Mel Kiper and Todd McShay are correct with their pre-draft picks every year (personally I like McShaw, Kiper is an asshat)

Don't know if they ever go back and do this, but can't believe these nos. would be quite high, may 40-45% of the time IMO

As for the Dolphins picking 13th and taking him, I don't believe they will and go on record now saying I hate this pick and will be definitely disappointed in this team/org if they make this selection.

Nothing against the guy, great college player and of course Heisman winner, but I'm not building my team around someone 5'9 (yes, 69" high) and starting the winning tradition & culture with a pick of such short stature (see what I did there?)

MIA will go into with the selection with needing help along two fronts, DL and OL.  Period

I'd rather be lucky than good.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2019, 12:27:01 pm »

Would love to know the percentage that folks like Mel Kiper and Todd McShay are correct with their pre-draft picks every year (personally I like McShaw, Kiper is an asshat)

Don't know if they ever go back and do this, but can't believe these nos. would be quite high, may 40-45% of the time IMO

As for the Dolphins picking 13th and taking him, I don't believe they will and go on record now saying I hate this pick and will be definitely disappointed in this team/org if they make this selection.

Nothing against the guy, great college player and of course Heisman winner, but I'm not building my team around someone 5'9 (yes, 69" high) and starting the winning tradition & culture with a pick of such short stature (see what I did there?)

MIA will go into with the selection with needing help along two fronts, DL and OL.  Period

"Before the season, our strength staff measured him at 5-9 7/8 in socks."  He's closer to 5'10"

https://twitter.com/mhouckOU/status/1084938177956233216?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1084938177956233216&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fftw.usatoday.com%2F2019%2F01%2Fkyler-murray-nfl-draft-height-tall-oklahoma-football-baseball-size-oakland-a
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2019, 12:59:41 pm »

^^^ Well he's 6'4" with the afro.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2019, 01:19:55 pm »

Other rumor is that the Cardinals trade Rosen to the Patriots, and draft Murray.

Don’t see that happening.  Tom would throw a fit.  Patriots will draft a QB in round 3 to 6 with the hope that they strike gold with another late bloomer.  Using a 1st or 2nd either in draft or trade this year will disrupt team chemistry and BB wants to win LIV.

Tom’s ego is going to force the Patriots to be without a quality QB the season after he is done. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2019, 04:26:41 pm »

Don’t see that happening.  Tom would throw a fit.  Patriots will draft a QB in round 3 to 6 with the hope that they strike gold with another late bloomer.  Using a 1st or 2nd either in draft or trade this year will disrupt team chemistry and BB wants to win LIV.

Tom’s ego is going to force the Patriots to be without a quality QB the season after he is done. 

With the magic touch that the Patriots seem to have, they probably WILL strike gold with a mid round QB draft pick that ends up lighting it up. 
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2019, 04:40:29 pm »

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/02/11/as-not-giving-up-on-kyler-murray-which-could-complicate-his-nfl-prospects/

Even if his heart is in football, if the As offer more money than the team that drafts him, he could go back to listening to his parents.

Kyler Murray will be a first round pick, and baseball isn't going to outbid the NFL on a young QB.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Seafort

Email
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2019, 05:24:32 pm »

Absolutely not. Miami honestly needs to devote as many draft resources as possible to getting more offensive linemen (or perhaps a top rookie wide receiver if available). The focus in 2019 is not about winning.

It's about losing while simultaneously beginning to build a core of support for the quarterback that they should draft in 2020. Or even 2021.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray