Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:20:43 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Movie Review: Free Solo (2018)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Poll
Question: What did you think of Free Solo?
*****   -0 (0%)
****   -1 (33.3%)
***   -0 (0%)
**   -0 (0%)
*   -0 (0%)
I'd like to see it.   -0 (0%)
I'm not interested.   -2 (66.7%)
Total Voters: 3

Author Topic: Movie Review: Free Solo (2018)  (Read 1344 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« on: February 19, 2019, 12:14:26 pm »

Free Solo (2018)

Premise: A documentary about the sport of rock climbing without any safety equipment, the kind of mind that chooses to give their life for it, and one man's dream of scaling Yosemite's El Capitan while juggling a terrifying relationship.

Rating: Horrifying and eye-opening.

This has been my favorite documentary this year.  Like the great ones, it is more about the people behind the premise, rather than the premise itself.  What kind of brain would choose something that's basically going to kill you eventually?  It's not what you think.  Who would want to be in a relationship with that person?  And do the film-makers have a moral culpability simply by covering this?

I have some acrophobia and this movie made me physically sick in some parts.  I had to play solitaire on my phone in parts just to have something to fiddle with.  I'm not even being facetious when I say that I could no longer use my phone because my hands were so wet with sweat that the screen wasn't accepting my fingers as input.

It was worth it, though.  I definitely recommend it.

I drink your milkshake!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray