Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 11:56:43 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Fake mugging of Empire Star
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Print
Author Topic: Fake mugging of Empire Star  (Read 18284 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« on: February 21, 2019, 11:26:50 am »

The story is all over.

Basically a dude on the show Empire claims to have been beaten up by racists in Trump hats, where it looks like it was all staged and he paid some guys to do it.

My question is: Why?

Is it some strange form of self-promotion?

I drink your milkshake!
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2019, 11:32:57 am »

^I was hesitant to post this story here.  From the Chicago police chief, it was a shameless self promotion to boost his career and put him in the limelight.  He also made a good point on how this story is overshadowing the real problem in Chicago, actual violent crime, and how we should have a narrative on that and not this fraud.  I'm sure the whole Hollywood mentality that "orangeman=bad" has something to do with it too.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2019, 11:47:47 am »

I'm sure the whole Hollywood mentality that "orangeman=bad" has something to do with it too.

I don't think so, actually.

I understand the self-promotion angle.  It's twisted, but I get the motive at least.  If he was trying to make a name for himself and get his face on TV a lot, he can get paid. 

It is counter-productive to use fake examples of racism to actually try to fight racism.  There are plenty of real-world examples that you don't need to do that.  I can't imagine that his drive has anything to do with the actual cause of fighting Trump or racism or whatever else like that.

I drink your milkshake!
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2019, 11:59:41 am »

I don't think it's a stretch Dave.  Trump says enough stuff to damn himself yet made up stories about him are still propped up as truth.  Kathy Griffin held up a severed Trump head, that's pretty deranged.  I don't think he expected to get caught.

But I'll agree, it probably had more to do with promoting his career
Cathal
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2019, 12:06:09 pm »

I haven't read all the details but yeah, I assume it had something to do with his job or some kind of spotlight on himself or a political statement. Pretty stupid.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2019, 10:24:30 pm »

I finally read some things about this yesterday, just because I knew nothing about it and had ignored the original stories, but curiosity finally got to me.  From what I read there are reports he wasn't happy with his salary from Fox and wanted to up his profile so he would get a raise.  Also, he purportedly paid his muggers with a check. SMH

I think this was just a dumb thing he did, but there are firemen that set fires so they can be the first to respond and put them out, and there are medical professionals that give people in hospitals heart attacks so they can be the hero and revive the patient...there are just some deranged people among us.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2019, 08:05:27 am »

It was completely a selfish act and strictly about self promotion. He sent a letter to himself and then when that didn't garner enough attention stepped it up.  I think the MAGA stuff was used because it is pretty convenient right now. Hating and berating the Trump world is "socially" acceptable and almost encouraged these days. I can't think of another time in history where wearing a hat, t-shirt or posting a sign in your yard supporting a president was justification for being attacked on American soil. It's gotten pretty crazy and is why most Trump supporters keep their opinions to themselves. Considering how that fake "hate crime" could have generated retaliation acts I think it should be considered a hate crime.

The craziest thing to me is how many people are still standing up for him. Smollett i told everyone on the set yesterday 'I wanted to say I’m sorry and, you know me, I would never do this to any of you, you are my family. I swear to God, I did not do this' and people are buying into it. Just crazy denial.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 08:17:07 am by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2019, 09:35:48 am »

The craziest thing to me is how many people are still standing up for him.

How many people did you find who are standing up for him? 1? 2? Yeah, that's pretty crazy.

I haven't seen anyone supporting what he did...and I've probably read a couple dozen articles about this ridiculous situation so far. Lying about anything is wrong, and lying about something like racism and a hate crime is pretty disappointing.

That said, I've read estimates that the Orange Nutjob himself makes around 15 false or misleading claims per day, so maybe Smollett was just following his President's disgusting example.   Huh

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2019, 09:57:14 am »

How many people did you find who are standing up for him? 1? 2? Yeah, that's pretty crazy.

I haven't seen anyone supporting what he did...and I've probably read a couple dozen articles about this ridiculous situation so far. Lying about anything is wrong, and lying about something like racism and a hate crime is pretty disappointing.

That said, I've read estimates that the Orange Nutjob himself makes around 15 false or misleading claims per day, so maybe Smollett was just following his President's disgusting example.   Huh

Sorry. I see today people backstepping but as late as last night many on CNN including Don Lemon, other cast mates and hollywierd people were saying he was being framed because of public opinion. Not sure how taking a jab at Trump makes you feel better about losing your narrative race baiter but good for you. hahaha

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2019, 10:12:06 am »

I haven't seen anyone supporting what he did...

Me neither.  I just see him getting trashed at every single outlet.

I drink your milkshake!
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2019, 10:33:57 am »

It's hindsight now, no one wants to hitch their wagon to Jussie.  At the time, it was a black gay man who was lynched.  Gotta jump all over that before all the facts come out.  Sounds familiar....like when a sad, proud Native American banged his drum in the face of racism!  Oh wait, that was fake too. (Btw, I hope Sandmann wins his 250 million dollar lawsuit, the media should be ashamed of itself on that one).  This is mass manipulation on the highest level, and I don't think people are falling for it any longer.  It's either that, or incredibly irresponsible journalism, time and time again.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 10:46:49 am by Tenshot13 » Logged
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2019, 11:46:35 am »

It's hindsight now, no one wants to hitch their wagon to Jussie.  

Looks like you're right.   Empire just dropped his sorry ass.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2019, 01:29:22 pm »

It's hindsight now, no one wants to hitch their wagon to Jussie.  At the time, it was a black gay man who was lynched.  Gotta jump all over that before all the facts come out.  Sounds familiar....like when a sad, proud Native American banged his drum in the face of racism!  Oh wait, that was fake too. (Btw, I hope Sandmann wins his 250 million dollar lawsuit, the media should be ashamed of itself on that one).  This is mass manipulation on the highest level, and I don't think people are falling for it any longer.  It's either that, or incredibly irresponsible journalism, time and time again.

If it fits the narrative it is national news for sure. There are no shortage of MAGA hat wearing people being punched, spit at or verbally abused but no one is jumping on that bandwagon.

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2019, 03:08:14 pm »

Not sure how taking a jab at Trump makes you feel better about losing your narrative race baiter but good for you. hahaha

Taking a jab at evil always makes me feel better about life in general...and Trump provides boundless opportunities for that sort of thing.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2019, 03:28:28 pm »

^They're all evil, his shit is just out there more.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray