Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:17:56 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Fake mugging of Empire Star
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Print
Author Topic: Fake mugging of Empire Star  (Read 18299 times)
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2019, 12:54:00 pm »

The D focus on Trump is comparable to the R’s focus on Obama when Obama was in office.  The POTUS is part the news cycle and has been a staple of late night TV for eons.

Definitely true.  And due to the very real concept of "recency bias", whoever is the president at any given time, is considered "the best president this country ever had" or "the worst president this country ever had", depending on which side you ask. 
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2019, 01:06:32 pm »

Republicans probably think about Hilary way more than they should, but it pales in comparison to the left and Trump.  You really can't compare the two.

One is a political candidate that used her email incorrectly. The other is the sitting President, a chronic liar, racist, POS conman.

You're right...you really can't compare the two.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2019, 01:26:43 pm »

The D focus on Trump is comparable to the R’s focus on Obama when Obama was in office.  The POTUS is part the news cycle and has been a staple of late night TV for eons.

OTOH the R’s focus on Hillary two years after the election is unprecedented.  Romney, McCain, Kerry, Gore, Dole, etc were rarely mentioned by the POTUS after the election and when mentioned it was either complementary or neutral. 
I disagree. No one was going around and assaulting people for wearing Obama or Hillary hats. I also don't think most of us are even thinking of Hillary except for when she comes up in the news. Lol .... they certainly aren't bitching about her while accepting awards for things that have absolutely no relation to politics. Trump comes up in almost every liberal avenue.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2019, 01:30:39 pm »

Definitely true.  And due to the very real concept of "recency bias", whoever is the president at any given time, is considered "the best president this country ever had" or "the worst president this country ever had", depending on which side you ask. 

That is not true.  At least not with me at no time either during or after did I consider Carter, Reagan, Bush I, Clinton, Bush II, or Obama either the best or worst president of all time.  I do consider Trump the worst president we have had.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2019, 01:34:20 pm »

I disagree. No one was going around and assaulting people for wearing Obama or Hillary hats. I also don't think most of us are even thinking of Hillary except for when she comes up in the news. Lol .... they certainly aren't bitching about her while accepting awards for things that have absolutely no relation to politics. Trump comes up in almost every liberal avenue.

There has been very little violence against people wearing maga hats in comparison to the violence committed by people wearing maga hats. 

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2019, 01:38:30 pm »

One is a political candidate that used her email incorrectly. The other is the sitting President, a chronic liar, racist, POS conman.

You're right...you really can't compare the two.

That's how you view it.  I see them both as shitbags, and I'm not just talking about her not being able to use a computer.  Her and her husband have been neck deep in controversy their entire political careers.  I can't speak for you, but people that have your same beliefs compare them like it's good and evil.  No, they're both evil, I chose the evil that my political beliefs more aligned with, because those were my choices.  Southpark really had it right, it's a choice between a giant douche and a turd sandwich.  For some reason, you like the taste of turd sandwich and hate giant douches more than you should, but to each their own.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2019, 01:40:15 pm »

There has been very little violence against people wearing maga hats in comparison to the violence committed by people wearing maga hats.  
You are smoking crack. Almost every day there are stories of kids and adults being accosted for wearing MAGA hats. Other than a couple of stupid racist ralleys I haven't seen hardly anything being the other way. Well .. not many that turned out to be true.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 01:42:08 pm by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2019, 02:00:49 pm »

You are smoking crack. Almost every day there are stories of kids and adults being accosted for wearing MAGA hats. Other than a couple of stupid racist ralleys I haven't seen hardly anything being the other way. Well .. not many that turned out to be true.

Physically attacked?  Or being told the candidate they support is an asshole? The former hasn’t happened much, and the latter is just reported more because the Trump supports are snowflakes who cry everytime someone insults Trump.

Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2019, 02:25:19 pm »

That is not true.  At least not with me at no time either during or after did I consider Carter, Reagan, Bush I, Clinton, Bush II, or Obama either the best or worst president of all time.  I do consider Trump the worst president we have had.

I figured it would be obvious that I wasn't saying that 100% of the people in this country always consider the current president to be the best/worst of all time.  To clarify, I wasn't claiming to be able to read your mind as an individual person.  It was a (accurate) generalization. 
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2019, 02:51:31 pm »

That's how you view it.  I see them both as shitbags... 

If you can honestly say that you look at/listen to Trump and don't automatically see him for the whiny little weasel that he is, then I worry that your eyes and ears may not be working properly.

And, for what it's worth (nothing), I really have spent my entire adult life as a registered Republican...and seeing Trump hijack the GOP because the GOP was terrified of allowing another Democrat in the oval office is his most heinous offense.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2019, 02:56:18 pm »

I figured it would be obvious that I wasn't saying that 100% of the people in this country always consider the current president to be the best/worst of all time.  To clarify, I wasn't claiming to be able to read your mind as an individual person.  It was a (accurate) generalization. 

Piss poor generation.  You would have had a hard time finding during either Bush administration a repub that prefered Bush to Reagan or a dem that though Bush was worse than Nixon.  Likewise you would not have found a dem that prefered Clinton or Carter to JFK.  Even Clintons most ardent haters would not have said they prefer Carter.

You can find some that put Obama as the worse, but most of them are racist that didn’t like having a black be president.  The best/worst split has been seen since Nixon.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2019, 02:56:52 pm »

If you can honestly say that you look at/listen to Trump and don't automatically see him for the whiny little weasel that he is, then I worry that your eyes and ears may not be working properly.

And, for what it's worth (nothing), I really have spent my entire adult life as a registered Republican...and seeing Trump hijack the GOP because the GOP was terrified of allowing another Democrat in the oval office is his most heinous offense.

I made a point of calling him a shitbag, giant douche and evil.  I worry about your eyes and ears not working properly my friend.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2019, 03:43:39 pm »

Piss poor generation.  You would have had a hard time finding during either Bush administration a repub that prefered Bush to Reagan or a dem that though Bush was worse than Nixon.  Likewise you would not have found a dem that prefered Clinton or Carter to JFK.  Even Clintons most ardent haters would not have said they prefer Carter.

You can find some that put Obama as the worse, but most of them are racist that didn’t like having a black be president.  The best/worst split has been seen since Nixon.
I agreed with you until you brought up the racist card. While I'm sure that some are racist I completely believe they are the minority of the haters. The racist card is so overblown. I honestly can't think of anything used more wrong than that. Seems like the majority of the time someone claims racism they are wrong and just looking for an excuse.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2019, 03:47:29 pm »

^^^
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2019, 04:22:02 pm »

I made a point of calling him a shitbag, giant douche and evil. 

Then your eyes & ears aren't what I question...it's your judgement. To still support the guy when you understand how vile and evil he is says that you are ok with that sort of evil being in charge of our country.

I'm not OK with it. Trump makes me physically sick to my stomach every time I hear his voice.

~ Micah Leggat
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray