Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:24:01 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Fake mugging of Empire Star
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Print
Author Topic: Fake mugging of Empire Star  (Read 18305 times)
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2019, 04:25:59 pm »

Trump makes me physically sick to my stomach every time I hear his voice.
That's one of the first symptoms of TDS. Pretty soon you'll be babbling and screaming incoherently to the sky, drooling, and attacking people that you disagree with. Sorry bud, there is no cure. You're headed for a padded cell and a Teddy bear to keep you company. Good luck

Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2019, 09:31:01 pm »

TDS seems oddly familiar to the general feeling that someone with a conscience reacts to a sociopath.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2019, 11:11:09 am »

I see TDS from right-wingers on Facebook and these other right-wing fringe sources.  They're just circlejerking each other with that term to dismiss criticism.  It's just name-calling.

I drink your milkshake!
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2019, 12:03:37 pm »

I see TDS from right-wingers on Facebook and these other right-wing fringe sources.  They're just circlejerking each other with that term to dismiss criticism.  It's just name-calling.
It's really not. Maybe not as much as the term gets used but there is certainly a percentage of liberals who's whole life is irrationally blown up by Trump. It's when you hate Trump so much that you abandon logic and reason and just act insane over every little issue.  I know tons of people who really disliked both Hilary and Obama yet I don't know very many that it seemed to affect their life. I have several experiences of people dumping Trumper friends, both on social media and in life, over the support of Trump. In one case it was life long friends whose families used to vacation together.   

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2019, 01:56:18 pm »

so .. since so so so many people take such an extreme position about trump that they didn't take either about hillary, obama or bush jr. that tells you that there's something wrong with everybody .. and not just a case of trump being so over the top horrible in every sense ? .. i guess it's a case of you seeing what you want to see rather than just accepting that people think that  trump isn't just a horrible president but a horrible human being without a moral or ethical leg to stand on. And this drives their reactions.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2019, 02:08:25 pm »

so .. since so so so many people take such an extreme position about trump that they didn't take either about hillary, obama or bush jr. that tells you that there's something wrong with everybody .. and not just a case of trump being so over the top horrible in every sense ? .. i guess it's a case of you seeing what you want to see rather than just accepting that people think that  trump isn't just a horrible president but a horrible human being without a moral or ethical leg to stand on. And this drives their reactions.
I didn't say everybody and I'm sorry but yes... If you quit being my friend solely because I support Trump then you are not only deranged but just plain goofy. You can pretend Trump is extreme about whatever but he is no different than many others who you support. In fact ... Trump was highly supported by liberals until he ran. If you compare him to Hitler as people with TDS do then it just shows you have no idea who Hitler was. 

I honesty think Hillary is a bit evil but I'd never unfriend someone over their support for her. A TV personality or product who supports her may not get my support if I have other options but I would never end a personal relationship. I can't think of any relationship that I have that even 10% of the time is spent talking politics so why would I get rid of the other 90%?

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2019, 02:42:45 pm »

It's really not. Maybe not as much as the term gets used but there is certainly a percentage of liberals who's whole life is irrationally blown up by Trump. It's when you hate Trump so much that you abandon logic and reason and just act insane over every little issue.  I know tons of people who really disliked both Hilary and Obama yet I don't know very many that it seemed to affect their life. I have several experiences of people dumping Trumper friends, both on social media and in life, over the support of Trump. In one case it was life long friends whose families used to vacation together.   
If someone makes you physically sick or emotional/sad/depressed/angry because you disagree with the things they do or say, you're a weak fruitcake. You need to work on your insecurity and self esteem issues.

If you let politicians, athletes, religious people, and/or famous people affect your life to the point that you spend huge amounts of time hating them, you have mental issues. You need to seek mental health attention and/or medication.

If you have a personal problem with someone to the point that you get into a verbal confrontation and/or want to assault/fight a person for wearing a hat, shirt, or other attire with a logo you disagree with, you're a fucking sicko and likely a criminal. You should be locked up.

Regardless of who triggers your emotional dysregulation. I don't care if you're Democrat or Republican. Christian or Atheist. Vegan or Bacon eater. Hate Trump, hate Obama, hate Jeb, or hate Hillary. If any of the above apply to you. You need to seek mental help ASAP.

Case in point, the subject of this thread. Jussie Smollett's TDS = fake hate crime = blame it on Trump.

Or this fine upstanding young man, who a week before election day, burned his own church to the ground and painted "vote Trump" on the wall.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/12/22/506558131/parishioner-arrested-for-november-arson-of-black-church-in-mississippi .

There are probably many many more fake hate crime cases blamed on Trump that haven't been and never will be solved. But let me guess, somehow it's all Trump's fault. The fuck outta here with that horseshit, LMAO.

Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #52 on: March 01, 2019, 03:22:30 pm »

I can see how people break off relationships over this. I personally haven't .. but i can see how people would.

I see it the same way as knowing someone that's all anti-vax. First off you assume their position is based on ignorance. Then you find out instead that they're spewing the anti-vax talking points and think doctors are in bed with big pharma and it's all a giant conspiracy. At that point I wouldn't want my kid to play with their kids .. cause i value my kid's health. It's a "personal decision" that affects me directly.

Looking at how that could apply to Trumpians, i can see how people could get really sore about their friends supporting trump. If someone had been a victim of sexual assault, i can see how they wouldn't tolerate their friends supporting a serial assaulter. I can see how an immigrant wouldn't tolerate a friend that supports someone so blatantly anti-immigrant. (yes yes i know .. trump said immigrants are great as long as they're from norway or sweeden and not from shithole brown countries).

So really don't see how you're surprised by this.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #53 on: March 01, 2019, 04:34:17 pm »

I can see how people break off relationships over this. I personally haven't .. but i can see how people would.

I see it the same way as knowing someone that's all anti-vax. First off you assume their position is based on ignorance. Then you find out instead that they're spewing the anti-vax talking points and think doctors are in bed with big pharma and it's all a giant conspiracy. At that point I wouldn't want my kid to play with their kids .. cause i value my kid's health. It's a "personal decision" that affects me directly.

Looking at how that could apply to Trumpians, i can see how people could get really sore about their friends supporting trump. If someone had been a victim of sexual assault, i can see how they wouldn't tolerate their friends supporting a serial assaulter. I can see how an immigrant wouldn't tolerate a friend that supports someone so blatantly anti-immigrant. (yes yes i know .. trump said immigrants are great as long as they're from norway or sweeden and not from shithole brown countries).

Trump is the same guy he was before the election when Spike Lee, Jesse, Al and even NBC loved him. He's never hid his personality so to pretend he offends you now is as hypocritical as not supporting border control. just because Trump is the one doing it.  I don't think it could be more obvious.

pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2019, 04:43:40 pm »

Apples and oranges. Anti-vax could affect someone physically. Political and Religious OPINIONS don't hurt anything but a snowflakes fellings.

That's why they always say that you shouldn't discuss politics or religions with people. However, if I don't discuss it with you, you'll never know who I support. Therefore we can be friends. But if I do discuss it with you. We'll disagree and you won't want to be friends anymore. But what's the difference? I'm still the same person.

The difference is that you're weak and can't handle someone who doesn't hold the same opinion as you do. If you're going to base your friendship on that, you were never a friend to begin with and I wouldn't need people like that in my life anyhow. Fuck that shit, bye bye I say.

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #55 on: March 01, 2019, 04:44:58 pm »

Political and Religious OPINIONS don't hurt anything but a snowflakes fellings.

Uhh.....bullshit.

I drink your milkshake!
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2019, 04:48:33 pm »

Uhh.....bullshit.
Words and opinions don't matter unless you're a weak minded fuck. As long as someone doesn't put their hands on me, we're good.

Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #57 on: March 01, 2019, 09:43:00 pm »

The difference is that you're weak and can't handle someone who doesn't hold the same opinion as you do. If you're going to base your friendship on that, you were never a friend to begin with and I wouldn't need people like that in my life anyhow. Fuck that shit, bye bye I say.

you could also phrase that the new knowledge of your political opinions exposes a deep character flaw on your part that some would rather not associate with.  .. kinda like if you found out that your friend ran a dog fighting ring
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #58 on: March 01, 2019, 11:44:23 pm »

If you quit being my friend solely because I support Trump then you are not only deranged but just plain goofy.
If you found out your friend supported David Duke, would you stop associating with them?
What if your friend supported Westboro Baptist?  Or ISIS?
These are sincere questions.  I am honestly interested in if there is a line you are unwilling to cross.

In fact ... Trump was highly supported by liberals until he ran.
I'm pretty sure Trump was not "highly supported by liberals" in 2012 when he was openly insisting that Obama was not an American citizen.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #59 on: March 01, 2019, 11:56:23 pm »

Anti-vax could affect someone physically. Political and Religious OPINIONS don't hurt anything but a snowflakes fellings.
"Anti-vax" IS a political opinion.

According to your logic, if my friend pushes anti-vax legislation through in our school district and my kid catches a preventable infection as a result, I have cause to be angry with them... but if the same friend voted for Trump and my father's application for asylum is rejected by the Trump Administration, I must dispassionately continue to treat them as a buddy.  This is absurd.

I mean, if you wanted to say that all politics must be left at the door, then fine...  at least that's an ethos.  But you're just saying that only the politics YOU find meaningful should be considered in rejecting friendships.  Have some consistency.

P.S. I can't help but notice the fundamental contradiction in conservatives complaining about being unfriended by snowflakes.  Doesn't it also make you a snowflake if you care about being unfriended?  Why is this even a discussion?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 12:00:15 am by Spider-Dan » Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray