Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:30:07 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Fake mugging of Empire Star
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Print
Author Topic: Fake mugging of Empire Star  (Read 18276 times)
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #90 on: March 29, 2019, 09:02:11 am »

Topically, the mayor of Chicago is attempting to cash in on Jussie.  He says he owes $130k, the amount for the detectives to investigate his false claim.
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #91 on: March 29, 2019, 09:47:39 am »

He definitely needs to reimburse Chicago for all of the man hours that law enforcement spent on this farce. Any idea if he is still on the hook for the Federal crime of sending himself hate mail?

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #92 on: March 29, 2019, 10:00:42 am »

He definitely needs to reimburse Chicago for all of the man hours that law enforcement spent on this farce. Any idea if he is still on the hook for the Federal crime of sending himself hate mail?
They are reviewing the case just as they did the extremists who were let go in New Mexico. Hopefully they are as successful in being able to charge him.

In other news the NAACP just nominated him for an award and host Anthony Anderson said he hopes he wins. “I hope he wins," Anderson added. "I’m happy for him that the system worked for him in his favor because the system isn’t always fair, especially for people of color. So I’m glad it worked out for him." Considering Anderson previously had a rape charge against him dropped by a judge I'd say the system seemed to work for him too.  Angry

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #93 on: March 29, 2019, 10:54:30 am »

In other news the NAACP just nominated him for an award

This sounds dubious.  Is there more to this?

I drink your milkshake!
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #94 on: March 29, 2019, 10:57:21 am »

OK.  I just looked into it.

He is nominated for a supporting acting award for 2018, which he was also nominated for for the previous 3 years.

This isn't a big deal.  I thought it was some kind of award related to his crime and was like WTF.

I drink your milkshake!
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #95 on: March 29, 2019, 11:20:20 am »

You guys can go meow yourselves.

I saw this on Reddit after lol.

https://www.reddit.com/r/funny/comments/b6xz3u/how_to_clean_your_cats_litter_box/
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #96 on: March 29, 2019, 11:47:33 am »

That's fantastic. Also not too far from the truth on some occasions. LOL. Cats are for bitches

Bibamus, moriendum est

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #97 on: March 29, 2019, 01:31:52 pm »

The Illinois Prosecutors Bar Association issued a statement on this case today. They represent over 1000 prosecutors in the state.
 http://www.ilpba.org/resources/Documents/IPBA%20letter_Smollett.pdf

Among some of their gripes ...

------The public has the right to know the truth, and we set out to do that here.
When an elected State’s Attorney recuses herself from a prosecution, Illinois law provides that
the court shall appoint a special prosecutor. See 55 ILCS 5/3-9008(a-15). Typically, the special
prosecutor is a neighboring State’s Attorney, the Attorney General, or the State Appellate
Prosecutor. Here, the State’s Attorney kept the case within her office and thus never actually
recused herself as a matter of law.

----the Cook County State’s Attorney’s office falsely informed the public that the uncontested sealing of the criminal court case was “mandatory” under Illinois law.  This statement is not accurate.  To the extent the case was even eligible for an immediate seal, that action was discretionary, not mandatory, and only upon the proper filing of a petition to seal.

-----The appearance of impropriety here is compounded by the fact that this case was not on the
regularly scheduled court call, the public had no reasonable notice or opportunity to view these
proceedings, and the dismissal was done abruptly at what has been called an “emergency”
hearing.

-----the State’s Attorney has claimed this arrangement is “available to all defendants” and
“not a new or unusual practice.” There has even been an implication it was done in accordance
with a statutory diversion program. These statements are plainly misleading and inaccurate.
This action was highly unusual, not a statutory diversion program, and not in accordance with
well accepted practices of State’s Attorney initiated diversionary programs. The IPBA supports
diversion programs, and recognizes the many benefits they provide to the community, the
defendant and to the prosecuting agency. Central to any diversion program, however, is that the
defendant must accept responsibility. To be clear here, this simply was not a deferred
prosecution.

----Prosecutors must be held to the highest standard of legal ethics in the pursuit of justice. The
actions of the Cook County State’s Attorney have fallen woefully short of this expectation.
Through the repeated misleading and deceptive statements to the public on Illinois law and
circumstances surrounding the Smollett dismissal, the State’s Attorney has failed in her most
fundamental ethical obligations to the public. The IPBA condemns these actions.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #98 on: March 29, 2019, 01:47:33 pm »

I like this. Bravo! Sounds like the IPBA thinks that there's some shenanigans going on there too.

Bibamus, moriendum est

pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #99 on: March 29, 2019, 04:26:51 pm »

I don't think this thing is over yet. Too many people coming out against it. Hopefully they'll file federal charges or something.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #100 on: April 01, 2019, 11:50:06 am »

Smollett did not attend the NAACP awards and but he didn't win anyway. Host Chris Rock called him out but said he wasn't supposed to.  

"They said 'No Jussie Smollett jokes,' " said Rock, who was there to present Outstanding Comedy Series. But that didn't stop him. "What a waste of light skin," Rock cracked. "Do you know what I could do with that light skin? That curly hair? My career would be out of here! I'd be running Hollywood."

"What the hell was he thinking? You're 'Jessie' from now on," Rock continued, as cameras showed Trevor Noah cracking up in the crowd. "You don't get the 'u' no more. That 'u' was respect. You ain't getting no respect from me!"
« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 11:56:40 am by CF DolFan » Logged

SCFinfan
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #101 on: April 01, 2019, 12:20:53 pm »

Man, this is a really bad look for that chief DA, Kim Foxx. Still, if Marilyn Mosby still has a job after making a total ass of herself, Kim will be fine, I'm sure. No point in getting mad over this kind of stuff - it happens, it'll always happen, and that's just the way it is.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #102 on: April 01, 2019, 12:53:33 pm »

What's the underlying issue here?  I'm still not really understanding.  Is there suggestion that someone is on the take or that there is cronyism involved somehow?

I drink your milkshake!
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #103 on: April 01, 2019, 01:00:00 pm »

Chicago PD seems to think that there's something political going on there.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #104 on: April 01, 2019, 01:52:27 pm »

It's strange.  There's so much stink on this actor right now I'm not sure why you'd want to align yourself with him. 

I drink your milkshake!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray