Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:28:17 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Robert Kraft
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Print
Author Topic: Robert Kraft  (Read 15631 times)
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2019, 05:24:52 pm »

And the illegal drug trade funds terrorist organizations.  By the logic of some here, smoking a joint is the same thing as masterminding 9/11. 

Kraft is charged with a misdemeanor with a maximum of 60 days. He was a john not a pimp.

Not really. Marijuana is not the same industry as other drugs anymore. That stuff is grown and produced locally and doesn't need smuggling.
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2019, 05:08:59 am »

Do you seriously believe that?   If the judge is a Dolphins fan, he'll throw the book at Kraft. 

I sure hope justice does not work like that in the USA, being a Dolphins fan should have absolutely nothing to do with it.

If a Judge is so biased because of such a relatively minor thing such as sporting allegiances, then the chance of a fair trial is fucked - and by extension the whole judicial system is then also fucked. That doesn't say much for the concept of genuine freedom in your country if such a situation can possibly exist...
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2019, 04:00:06 pm »

I sure hope justice does not work like that in the USA, being a Dolphins fan should have absolutely nothing to do with it.

OJ was found Not Guilty.  Anything can happen in the USA.   Grin
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2019, 04:03:49 pm »

^ Yeah, but not because Judge Ito was a Bills fan.

I drink your milkshake!
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2019, 04:24:40 pm »

^ Yeah, but not because Judge Ito was a Bills fan.

OJ was found Not Guilty.  Anything can happen in the USA.   Grin

Surprisingly, Judge Ito went to UCLA which is a rival of OJ's USC.   Judges don't find people guilty.  Juries do.   Judges simply pass sentences

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2019, 02:10:25 pm »

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/19/robert-kraft-receives-conditional-offer-to-drop-florida-charges/

Never heard of an offer to drop in exchange for admitting guilt.  Is that a Florida thing?

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2019, 02:29:25 pm »

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/19/robert-kraft-receives-conditional-offer-to-drop-florida-charges/

Never heard of an offer to drop in exchange for admitting guilt.  Is that a Florida thing?

Nope.   And I have a major problem with that in any criminal situation

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2019, 02:41:29 pm »

Never heard of an offer to drop in exchange for admitting guilt.  Is that a Florida thing?
It's more than that. It's more of an arbitration ... which is used in Florida. A relative just did something like this and had all charges dropped.  The criminal charges will go away if Kraft makes that admission, if he completes an education course about prostitution, if he performs 100 hours of community service, if he’s screened for STDs, and if he pays some of the court costs.  They weren't ever really going after the john's.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 02:43:03 pm by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2019, 04:14:03 pm »

Seems like a good way to handle it for the Johns.....they get punished but on a job application or if trying to adopt a child they can answer, “no” to “have you ever been convicted of a sex crime”. 

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2019, 08:28:03 am »

Seems like a good way to handle it for the Johns.....they get punished but on a job application or if trying to adopt a child they can answer, “no” to “have you ever been convicted of a sex crime”. 
They are saying Kraft won't accept the deal. I can't imagine he wants the video going public if it is as damaging as the police have reported. Outside of the 100 hours of community service ... I don't see what there is to complain about.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2019, 12:18:29 pm »

They are saying Kraft won't accept the deal. I can't imagine he wants the video going public if it is as damaging as the police have reported. Outside of the 100 hours of community service ... I don't see what there is to complain about.

Rarely does someone take the first offer.   That doesn’t mean they won’t eventually settle.  He wants a seal on the evidence.  If I am in his shoes.....counter offfer - drop charges, no admission of guilt, video sealed, $100,000 donation to a charity that aids victims of human trafficking.....and then I negotiate the donation upwards. And can anyone really say that Kraft doing 100 hours of community service would benefit the victims more than a 6 or 7 figure check to a charity.   

stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2019, 12:35:47 pm »

Are you a Defense Atty?

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2019, 12:55:45 pm »

Are you a Defense Atty?

no.

I am just saying what I would do in his shoes.  The guy is already pretty generous to charities, including to organizations that fight human trafficking.  I am confident he thought he was exchanging cash with someone who was of her own free will providing the handjob.

So in his shoes that is what I would offer.  I would then donate considerably more than than the formal agreement and continue to provide significant financial support to those organizations for the rest of my life and in my will, to restore the image as a humanitarian.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2019, 01:49:00 pm »

I agree with you Hoodie but I could see where someone would think that's essentially letting him off.  If many of us had to pay a fine it would be worse than community service because we don't have a lot of extra money. He's in almost the exact opposite position.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2019, 02:04:53 pm »

I agree with you Hoodie but I could see where someone would think that's essentially letting him off.  If many of us had to pay a fine it would be worse than community service because we don't have a lot of extra money. He's in almost the exact opposite position.

Last year, 2 kids I know got busted for public urination, both got the same offer - $250 fine or 10 hours community service.  The one with a full time job as an accountant paid the fine, the one that works part time at McD did community service. 

There are elements that are going to be unsatisfied with anything short of the death penalty.  Agreeing to pay $250k to a charity for victims of human trafficking and then turning around and writing a check for a million will get him into the good graces with *most*.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray