Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:30:21 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Robert Kraft
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Print
Author Topic: Robert Kraft  (Read 15618 times)
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2019, 02:09:16 pm »

Seems like a good way to handle it for the Johns.....they get punished but on a job application or if trying to adopt a child they can answer, “no” to “have you ever been convicted of a sex crime”. 

I think where your plan goes afield is that you think that the word "convicted" will be the verbiage choice on that questionnaire. Wink

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2019, 02:32:09 pm »

I think where your plan goes afield is that you think that the word "convicted" will be the verbiage choice on that questionnaire. Wink

Nope, you can’t ask if someone was arrested, charged, accused or punished only convicted. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2019, 09:21:41 am »

Does this get classified as a sex crime? I just think of other things when I hear that
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2019, 10:50:37 am »

Does this get classified as a sex crime? I just think of other things when I hear that
Absolutely. It's illicit sexual activity. It won't make him a sexual predator but it is a sex crime.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2019, 11:16:23 am »

Robert Kraft's lawyers say he is innocent but they don't want the video evidence released to the public. hahahahaha 

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2019, 11:09:15 am »

While none of this excuses Bob Kraft’s conduct, things are unraveling for the prosecution. 

What was originally billed as human trafficking has not resulted in any charges of human trafficking.  The police vastly exceeded terms of the warrant, so they probably won’t have any evidence against any of the Johns. And you have to wonder why Boston sports reporters in Florida to cover the Red Sox knew to be at the initial press conference, if in fact this was about human trafficking and not embarrassing one particular John.

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2019, 01:27:48 pm »

^^^ come on Hoodie, that isn't hard to explain. The media is alerted ahead of time for a press conference otherwise no one would show and it would need to be renamed.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2019, 01:37:34 pm »

^^^ come on Hoodie, that isn't hard to explain. The media is alerted ahead of time for a press conference otherwise no one would show and it would need to be renamed.

True.  But unless someone went specifically out their way Boston sports media doesn’t show up for a local police matter, Florida local crime beat shows up, not Red Sox beat reporters.  Ergo, this wasn’t about a sting on a human trafficking operation, cops were more interested in getting their name in the paper than crime fighting.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #53 on: April 17, 2019, 01:28:00 pm »

It's going to be a train wreck. No one wants to see it but everyone will have to look!! hahahaha

Prosecutors in Florida said Wednesday that they plan to release surveillance video of Patriots owner Robert Kraft allegedly paying for sex at a massage parlor in January.

Via John R. Ellement of the Boston Globe, court papers submitted by Palm Beach County State Attorney Dave Aronberg indicate a belief that the prosecution “is obligated under Florida law to provide the video to the public” in connection with the criminal case against the two women who are accused of owning and operating a prostitution ring.

The prosecution claims that, “as the custodian of the records, [it] cannot delay the release of records to allow a person to raise a constitutional challenge to the release of the documents,” adding that

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #54 on: April 17, 2019, 02:27:40 pm »

^^^^^. In case anyone wasn’t sure if this was about fighting human trafficking or embarrassing one particular person.

I can’t think of a single incident where the prosecutor released video like this.  You are literally proactively taking steps to disqualify large segments of the jury pool.  While it is doubtful to cost him any votes, it is a serious violation of this ethical standards.  Any release prior to trial or resolution undermines a fair trial.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #55 on: April 17, 2019, 02:34:00 pm »

^^^^^. In case anyone wasn’t sure if this was about fighting human trafficking or embarrassing one particular person.

I can’t think of a single incident where the prosecutor released video like this.  You are literally proactively taking steps to disqualify large segments of the jury pool.  While it is doubtful to cost him any votes, it is a serious violation of this ethical standards.  Any release prior to trial or resolution undermines a fair trial.
I don't buy it. I think they are more going against people with money who think they are above the law. I'm pretty sure no one forced Kraft to break the law and definitely didn't tell him not to accept a plea bargain. The truth is he thinks he is bigger than the situation and it looks like he is not.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #56 on: April 17, 2019, 02:50:10 pm »

I don't buy it. I think they are more going against people with money who think they are above the law. I'm pretty sure no one forced Kraft to break the law and definitely didn't tell him not to accept a plea bargain. The truth is he thinks he is bigger than the situation and it looks like he is not.

What he did was unquestionably wrong.  Kraft doesn’t have my sympathies.

But the DA is not acting in good faith.  Exceeds the plain language of the warrant.  Tips off Red Sox beat reporters to maximize coverage, claims human trafficking despite having no evidence to increase coverage, now he is saying he plans to publicly release the video before the judge determines if is admissible.  He isn’t seeking justice he is trying to secure an advance on a tell all book.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #57 on: April 17, 2019, 03:01:44 pm »

As much as I hate the the Patriots, I really don't care about this story.  If I'm an old, single rich guy, I'm probably doing the same thing.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #58 on: April 17, 2019, 03:51:48 pm »

As much as I hate the the Patriots, I really don't care about this story.  If I'm an old, single rich guy, I'm probably doing the same thing.
I don't necessarily disagree although I do find it interesting the DA isn't just rolling over after they rejected the plea deal.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #59 on: April 17, 2019, 05:21:37 pm »

Judge has ruled blocking the release. 

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray