Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:43:01 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Should ‘ISIS brides’ be allowed to return home?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Should ‘ISIS brides’ be allowed to return home?  (Read 5036 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« on: February 27, 2019, 04:00:54 pm »

Tell me what you think or how you feel. I would think this should be pretty easy but somehow I know it's not.  Grin

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2019, 04:03:02 pm »

No
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2019, 04:12:46 pm »

I'm not familiar with the term.  Is an ISIS bride in this case would be an American citizen that went and married an ISIS fighter, and now wants to return home to America?

I drink your milkshake!
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2019, 04:18:20 pm »

The short answer is "No"

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2019, 04:19:18 pm »

Nope, she shouldn't be allowed to enter the country ever again. She made her choice and it didn't work out for her. Too bad for her.

BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2019, 04:52:06 pm »

Not a chance

I'm not familiar with the term.  Is an ISIS bride in this case would be an American citizen that went and married an ISIS fighter, and now wants to return home to America?

That's exactly what an ISIS bride is

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2019, 05:03:00 pm »

This might be unpopular, but I don't know what grounds you'd deny entrance.  We have a Constitution that protects things like this for a reason, even if they're inconvenient.  I imagine she'd have to be let in, arrested at the border, and given due process rights, had she committed a crime.

I drink your milkshake!
BeanCounter

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2019, 05:56:58 pm »

The ISIS bride, Hoda Muthana, should be allowed back in the US.  Once on US soil, she should be arrested and charged with treason.   If found guilty of treason, she should be sentenced to death where she can be re-united with her 3 ex-scum-bags of husbands.
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2019, 06:40:25 pm »

The ISIS bride, Hoda Muthana, should be allowed back in the US.  Once on US soil, she should be arrested and charged with treason.   If found guilty of treason, she should be sentenced to death where she can be re-united with her 3 ex-scum-bags of husbands.
I was going to just say no, but this instead. Well said.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2019, 06:48:25 pm »

I don't know what grounds exist to deny her entry.  If she has committed any crimes (such as treason), then charge her, give her the opportunity to a jury trial and if convicted she can be sentenced.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2019, 07:15:18 pm »

I think the argument is is that she isn't even a US citizen? Is that still part of the trouble, or has that changed?

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2019, 07:23:10 pm »

I think the argument is is that she isn't even a US citizen? Is that still part of the trouble, or has that changed?

That is the claim of Trump.  However, like much of what Trump claims it is not based on facts, but his alternative reality.  She was born in the USA and has birthright citizenship. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2019, 09:20:53 pm »

if she's a US citizen i don't see how she can legally be denied entry. Government can't strip citizenship of natural born citizens. The supreme court has already ruled that the rights the 14th amendment provide can't be denied by legislation unless there's an explicit intent to renounce citizenship.

not that i think any of this (law, truth, facts) matters to trump or his lackeys .. they'll just refuse to let her in unless specifically ordered by the supreme court and even then they'll slow walk it until trump is out of office.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 09:25:33 pm by Fau Teixeira » Logged
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2019, 10:53:21 pm »

If she has committed a crime, admit her and charge her with said crime.*
If you think her citizenship should be revoked, there are mechanisms to do so.
If she is still a legal US citizen, she has the right to enter the country.

The pro-Constitution guys are pretty quick to throw it in the trash any time someone says the word "terrorist."

*Our standard operating procedure with accused terrorists is to throw them in a prison indefinitely with no trial, so I'm not sure why this is even an issue.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 11:02:58 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2019, 09:19:06 am »

Sounds like a plan to me.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray