Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 12:22:10 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Should ‘ISIS brides’ be allowed to return home?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Should ‘ISIS brides’ be allowed to return home?  (Read 5061 times)
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2019, 09:43:30 am »

I'm also cool with arresting her for treason.  Or don't let her back in at all.  Whichever.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2019, 11:45:11 am »

That is the claim of Trump.  However, like much of what Trump claims it is not based on facts, but his alternative reality.  She was born in the USA and has birthright citizenship.  

Birthright citizenship is a catch 22.   If her parents were not citizens but just happened to be here when she was born, that is what makes it such a debatable topic.   Same thing applies to children who were born here to illegals.

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2019, 11:54:52 am »

^ It's not a debateable topic.  If you're born on American soil, you're American.  The laws are very clear about this.

I drink your milkshake!
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2019, 12:06:38 pm »

Unfortunately, I have come across women who , while very pregnant, have travelled from their countries of origin to the US, have sought  medical care, and guess what? All of a sudden there's a new US citizen that we all are then responsible for.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2019, 12:39:29 pm »

Unfortunately, I have come across women who , while very pregnant, have travelled from their countries of origin to the US, have sought  medical care, and guess what? All of a sudden there's a new US citizen that we all are then responsible for.

100% accurate .. and their citizenship is not revocable
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2019, 01:14:41 pm »

This topic is a trick, by the way.  Everyone knows these things to be true.  But by siding with and understanding the actual Constitution and how rights work, regardless of how you feel about any particular individual, it seems as if you're siding with terrorists.

I drink your milkshake!
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2019, 01:30:26 pm »

It's no more of a "trick" than the people who insist on respecting the flag and the anthem while simultaneously flying the flag of defeated traitors to the Constitution.

It's easy to talk about "being a patriot" or "supporting the Constitution." Quite another thing to practice it.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2019, 01:40:30 pm »

Here we go, time to derail another thread.   Roll Eyes
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2019, 02:15:32 pm »

The Constitution is not written in stone. It can be amended.

Bibamus, moriendum est

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2019, 02:25:00 pm »

^ It's not a debateable topic.  If you're born on American soil, you're American.  The laws are very clear about this.
Actually they aren't. The law was written so that slaves were considered citizens. It wasn't for illegals who had children here. The application of "birthright citizenship" to children of undocumented immigrants remains very controversial.

In fact .... Since the adoption of the Fourteenth Amendment the citizenship of people born in the United States has been controlled by its Citizenship Clause, which states: "All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside."[9]

United States Federal law (8 U.S.C. § 1401) defines who is a United States citizen from birth. The following are among those listed there as persons who shall be nationals and citizens of the United States at birth:

"a person born in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof" or
"a person born in the United States to a member of an Indian, Eskimo, Aleutian, or other aboriginal tribe" (see Indian Citizenship Act of 1924).
"a person of unknown parentage found in the United States while under the age of five years, until shown, prior to his attaining the age of twenty-one years, not to have been born in the United States"
"a person born in an outlying possession of the United States of parents one of whom is a citizen of the United States who has been physically present in the United States or one of its outlying possessions for a continuous period of one year at any time prior to the birth of such person"

You can't revoke citizenship but you can revoke Naturalized citizens. With that said .... I have no issue of arresting her other than she would become a martyr to the fringe left.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 02:28:02 pm by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2019, 02:48:48 pm »

I don't know why you assume the fringe left is out supporting ISIS ? if anything . .the fringe left is very ron paul in their lack of enthusiasm for foreign entanglements
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2019, 03:01:46 pm »

Birthright citizenship is a catch 22.   If her parents were not citizens but just happened to be here when she was born, that is what makes it such a debatable topic.   Same thing applies to children who were born here to illegals.

A brief article I read on this a few days ago had something to do with this.  I believe the Administration was saying she wasn't a citizen because her father was in the country as a diplomat when she was born, and therefore in their opinion she isn't a citizen of the US.  But, I believe the father is claiming she was born after he stopped being a diplomat.

She made her bed, let her lie in it, in Syria.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2019, 03:05:01 pm »

Sometimes quite undesired.  

https://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news/accidental-americans-living-abroad-fight-tax-bill-uncle-sam-n867711

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2019, 05:58:56 pm »

That just isn’t right.

Bibamus, moriendum est

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2019, 06:15:25 pm »

That just isn’t right.

It is actually one of the biggest sticking point in USA/Canada relationship. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray