Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:35:59 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Your best experience with the Dolphins
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Your best experience with the Dolphins  (Read 4117 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« on: March 07, 2019, 10:27:48 am »

We talk a lot about the bad stuff and it got me to thinking ... what is our best experience with this team. I mean ...  there has to be some good for us to put up with perennial losing. Was it a game you attended, watched or the time you go to eat dinner with Dan Marino? Let's share some fun experiences!

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2019, 11:17:31 am »

As a fan, my best experience was being in the stands for the playoff win over the colts in overtime where lamar smith ran it in.

I was also in a skybox for a thursday night win over the bills that was great, but the overtime win was my favorite.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2019, 11:42:42 am »

Watching the Bucs beat them in 2017 by basically wiping the field with them in the first half, then allowing Matt Moore to come back in the second half but Ryan Fitzpatrick leads a late drive for the game winning FG, then the Dolphins try to play the lateral game on the ensuing kickoff with no time left and end up fumbling into their own end zone to give Tampa another TD.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2019, 11:54:23 am »

Jan 12, 1986 when NE won its first ever AFCCG. I don’t think I was ever as excited about a game as that one.  (6 super bowl wins included)

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2019, 01:29:30 pm »

Lemon to Camarillo in OT.  But I didn't see that live.

As far as live games, either the Wildcat game in NE or the orange jersey game against NYJ in '09 (Ginn over Revis).
« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 01:31:38 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2019, 01:37:48 pm »

Lemon to Camarillo in OT.  But I didn't see that live.
I was a season ticket holder back then and had my whole family at that game. It was crazy as many people were crying. Hard to understand unless you're a die hard fan but that was definitely a great moment.

Hard for me to decide but I do have 4 games and a few moments that stick out.

The Camarillo game

In 2005 we down 20 points going into the 4th quarter and Sage Rosenfels led us back with 3 TD passes in to beat
the Bills 24-23 and I stayed for the whole thing

The fake spike game against the Jets. I woke up my household screaming.

The first wildcat game was a pretty surreal as well.

Experiences ...
playing catch with Crash Jensen and OJ McDuffie in the stadium parking lot
Hanging out with Jim Kiick one evening
meeting Dan Marino a mile from my house here in Lake Mary

« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 01:52:43 pm by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2019, 02:24:03 pm »

I was a season ticket holder back then and had my whole family at that game. It was crazy as many people were crying. Hard to understand unless you're a die hard fan but that was definitely a great moment.

Hard for me to decide but I do have 4 games and a few moments that stick out.

The Camarillo game

In 2005 we down 20 points going into the 4th quarter and Sage Rosenfels led us back with 3 TD passes in to beat
the Bills 24-23 and I stayed for the whole thing

The fake spike game against the Jets. I woke up my household screaming.

The first wildcat game was a pretty surreal as well.

Experiences ...
playing catch with Crash Jensen and OJ McDuffie in the stadium parking lot
Hanging out with Jim Kiick one evening
meeting Dan Marino a mile from my house here in Lake Mary

That's a very strong list right there.  For me, I was only like 6 years old but I still remember every minute of it.  My parents took me to the airport to greet the Perfect Season Dolphins team when they returned from California after winning Super Bowl VII.    There were SO many people there all going crazy, waving banners, etc. 
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2019, 03:23:28 pm »

That's a very strong list right there.  For me, I was only like 6 years old but I still remember every minute of it.  My parents took me to the airport to greet the Perfect Season Dolphins team when they returned from California after winning Super Bowl VII.    There were SO many people there all going crazy, waving banners, etc. 
How cool it would be to be able to welcome home SB champs let alone the 72 Phins!!

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2019, 03:44:15 pm »

I don't know if this is the best, but one that stuck out to me:

I was at Web Weekend.  I was in the team's film room.  We were getting a variety of presentations from guys in the organization.  But much of that is media-type stuff....hype men....marketing stuff, etc.  It's cool, but it's "packaged".  It's "company line" type stuff.  Then, one of the film guys came in to talk to us and loaded a few plays up on the screen from the previous week's win.  He showed us a touchdown running play and everyone clapped because it was cool and we won the game.  But then, he explained that Patrick Cobbs made that TD happen.  He rolled back the tape, then circled Cobbs on the screen and then showed how the blocking scheme was designed -- that this one solid block sprung the whole play open, but it was absolutely not apparent just by watching the play as a fan.

It was so cool, because I actually felt like a player.  I was sitting where they sit, learning what they learned, by the guy that's teaching them.  And it was REAL Xs and Os football...not the Monday Night Football "these guys just love to compete" type of analysis.  It was really a surreal moment and like nothing I'd ever experienced.

I drink your milkshake!
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2019, 04:25:05 pm »

It will always be being at Veterans Stadium in Philly when Don Shula broke the all time wins record, and seeing him carried off the field.

For not being there in-person, it would be the Dolphins in the Super Bowl against the 49ers (the future was bright); and the spike play.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2019, 08:04:15 pm »

My ex girlfriend used to be a huge Jets fan and I being a shameful Dolphins fan. Its 2008 and we are pulling off our miracle run which is culminated in our victory at the Jets to take the division. I get drunk in celebration. She gets drunk to drown out the sorrow. Ends with sex and me mocking everyone I know the next day because I live in NY.

Best Dolphins moment by far. 2nd would be in 2001 when we beat the Broncos to go 5-1 on Olindo Mare's long FG as time expired. We had a Superbowl quality team that season but Ray Lucas ruined it all.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2019, 08:21:27 pm »

The Hook and Ladder play even though we didn't win the game. Watching Marino play in '83 and '84. The fake spike against the Jets. Been plenty of great individual moments, just not a SuperBowl season.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2019, 01:41:08 pm »

Beating the 85 Bears on Monday night.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2019, 03:13:37 pm »

Beating the 85 Bears on Monday night.
Oh shit how did I forget this. Probably my favorite Dolphins moment of all time.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2019, 03:28:34 pm »

Yeah, '85 Bears game.  I was only 3, one of my earliest memories and the moment I can point to when I became a Dolphins fan. 
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray