Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 08:17:52 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  James signs with Denver
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: James signs with Denver  (Read 1528 times)
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« on: March 11, 2019, 11:29:56 pm »

http://bleacherreport.com/post/denver-broncos/77bfa5b4-7683-40dc-8109-a02ee757f9b9

Another hole to fill.  At least we have the cap space.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2019, 08:30:41 am »

I would have liked to have seen them keep James.  But not at the price that Denver signed him for.  Can't blame a guy for wanting to maximize his paycheck. 
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2019, 08:50:28 am »

yeah that's alot alot .. good for him
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2019, 10:31:46 am »

He was a solid RT, not the league's highest paid one. Can't overpay and reach in the draft when you suck and are rebuilding.

He will be missed but he was not a cornerstone considering his health and performance. These prices for O-Line play are getting crazy.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2019, 12:07:55 pm »

He was a solid RT, not the league's highest paid one. Can't overpay and reach in the draft when you suck and are rebuilding.

He will be missed but he was not a cornerstone considering his health and performance. These prices for O-Line play are getting crazy.

Prices for every position are getting crazy.   Kwon Alexander got a huge deal from the Niners.   He's made a few plays here and there but he's not an elite linebacker by any means.   But thanks to FA, he's getting paid like one.   That's FA for ya.   

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2019, 01:57:17 pm »

The Patriots make a living on not overpaying and that seems like what the Phins are looking to do. Can't say I'm disappointed. In fact it's nice that we are not throwing up Hail Marys like signing Trey Flowers and re-signing James. The free agency winners seldom do well in the long run.   

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2019, 02:09:13 pm »

The Patriots make a living on not overpaying and that seems like what the Phins are looking to do. Can't say I'm disappointed. In fact it's nice that we are not throwing up Hail Marys like signing Trey Flowers and re-signing James. The free agency winners seldom do well in the long run.   

Agreed. We are in no position to give out big money deals right now, we need a solid core built from the draft and then we can worry about free agency. I would only overpay for a free agent if you were that one piece away from the Superbowl and you have the cap room for it.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2019, 04:10:47 pm »

I would have liked to have seen them keep James.  But not at the price that Denver signed him for.  Can't blame a guy for wanting to maximize his paycheck. 

+1
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray