Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 04:38:05 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Tanehill traded
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Tanehill traded  (Read 4073 times)
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2019, 03:45:45 pm »

So it seems we are taking the full 13 million cap hit this year so we have no cap hit next year.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2019, 03:50:54 pm »

$7 million on a one year deal isn't that expensive.
With incentives, but that's still a bargain which again makes me believe that RT was on board with the trade for whatever reasons. Not bad money for holding a clip board. Good for him.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2019, 04:10:10 pm »

Wow, according to the below link the Dolphins paid $5 mil of the 7$ mill guaranteed contract for Tannehill as a signing bonus. Does that mean he actually cost us $18 mill in cap space this year? Still not bad since the Dolphins I think are gonna be well under the cap this year anyway since there's no one left on the team to pay.  Evil

https://www.reddit.com/r/miamidolphins/comments/b1iy0g/schefter_one_other_interesting_detail_on_todays/

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2019, 04:29:44 pm »

I can answer question 1...Mariota is always hurt, so they need a good backup.

Especially because he's got the tools to play Mariota's style of football

stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2019, 05:16:20 pm »

I’m kind of surprised that they found a trade partner. I expected someone to wait to pick him up after he got released.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2019, 10:14:59 pm »

With incentives, but that's still a bargain which again makes me believe that RT was on board with the trade for whatever reasons. Not bad money for holding a clip board. Good for him.

Considering how the Fins' offensive line has gotten him practically killed his entire career and now this year since there is a great likelihood that the offensive will be even more atrocious than usual, he probably just wanted to get out of town and on a team where he might survive the season.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2019, 10:45:10 am »

Considering how the Fins' offensive line has gotten him practically killed his entire career and now this year since there is a great likelihood that the offensive will be even more atrocious than usual, he probably just wanted to get out of town and on a team where he might survive the season.

Also why I don't want to draft a QB this year. Not only is the class not as good, but we should spend our best picks on Line help since anyone under center drafted with our 1st pick will be getting crushed all year long. Let some jabroni like Bortles do it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2019, 10:50:20 am »

It is looking like the Dolphins didn’t get a fourth round pick for Tanny, rather the Dolphins bought the pick for $5 million dollars. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2019, 08:02:23 pm »

It is looking like the Dolphins didn’t get a fourth round pick for Tanny, rather the Dolphins bought the pick for $5 million dollars. 

Yeah, within the trade itself since you can't cash money buy draft picks, but that is what happened. I believe the Browns did this in the last year or two as well with Brock Osweiller. Take on a contract in exchange for draft picks.

It's a smart strategy and if we have available would hope we do it some more as long as nothing rolls over to 2020.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2019, 06:56:19 pm »

Best wishes for Tannehill.  I still believe Philbin screwed up his development from the onset, then injuries the last couple years did the rest.  He is good enough to keep banking some money for a few years as a back-up.
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2019, 08:24:24 am »

Like others have said here, I hope everything works out for Tannehill and the fresh start relaunches his career.

Drafting him so high was always going to put him under the spotlight and while I was never totally convinced his ability justified the pick, the revolving door of coaches, terrible offensive lines and injury management did not help his cause one bit.

In some regards I would have liked him to stick around at least for one more year as I really rated his attitude and leadership qualities, but I think the team did the right thing by him by trading him to a team with a decent offensive line (and by itself by getting rid of a good chunk of his salary moving forward).
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray